Just How Dangerous Is Smoking Really?

Constatine

Almost looks like a conspiracy when everything androgenic like tobacco, saturated fats, and liberal sun exposure is socially outlawed but everything estrogenic like soy, environmental chemicals, etc is pumped into us unwillingly via modern day foods and what not... or its just stupidity. Also has anyone else noticed that most studies claiming smoking is "bad" look for correlations and casual relationships and are not double blind experiments?

Last edited:

jpgio

Almost looks like a conspiracy when everything androgenic like tobacco, saturated fats, and liberal sun exposure is socially outlawed but everything estrogenic like soy, environmental chemicals, etc is pumped into us unwillingly via modern day foods and what not... or its just stupidity. Also has anyone else noticed that most studies claiming smoking is "bad" look for correlations and casual relationships and are not double blind experiments?
My thoughts exactly my friend. Why is the mainstream so concerned with our “health” when it comes to cigarettes? aggressively promoting how “harmful” and “deadly” they are? It’s just odd and makes me curious. It does seem like everything that is naturally androgenic is demonized. I have made note of this before.

Inaut

After listening to Georgi talk about pipe tobacco with active charcoal filters on his podcast with Danny, I'm going to give it a go. Spent a couple hours this weekend watching reviews on different types of tobacco. I know @Travis was a fan of Dunhill which I will try first.

boris

@Constatine @jpgio
So funny that basically everything is reverse.

What TV told me is healthy and promotes longevity:
-extreme endurance exercise
-drinking quarts of water daily
-avoiding fruit juices
-avoiding animal products
-avoiding sunlight
-raw vegetables
-unprocessed whole grains
-seed oils, fish oils
:hairpull

jpgio

After listening to Georgi talk about pipe tobacco with active charcoal filters on his podcast with Danny, I'm going to give it a go. Spent a couple hours this weekend watching reviews on different types of tobacco. I know @Travis was a fan of Dunhill which I will try first.
Yes as bad as it may sound to some I just started smoking an additive free organic cigarette a few days a week and it feels almost unanimously beneficial to me. I used to smoke commercial cigs from ages 15 to 19 and quit for years. I’m feeling great off it.:dance

jpgio

@Constatine @jpgio
So funny that basically everything is reverse.

What TV told me is healthy and promotes longevity:
-extreme endurance exercise
-drinking quarts of water daily
-avoiding fruit juices
-avoiding animal products
-avoiding sunlight
-raw vegetables
-unprocessed whole grains
-seed oils, fish oils
:hairpull
Yup strange how that works:roll:

Luann

I enjoy cigs once in a while. I disagree with the rising US legal age.

Rah

Which episode was that on

I smoke cigarettes and cigars quite heavily. I've gone through periods where I stopped smoking for several months, and while I can say I did notice some benefits of stopping (breathing was a tad bit easier "i guess") I wouldn't say that smoking overall is bad. I believe it all comes down to what, and how you are smoking (ie commercial cigarettes versus rolled cigarettes etc).

I'd be interested in looking into, reading studies done on smoking and its overall effects but I feel they will all be some twisted "game"/"marketing-ploy". Especially with all the craze right now being in e-cigarettes and vaping (which seems to be harsher on me than actual cigarettes).

Jack Earth

could have something to do with the war on testosterone and masculinity

David90

My thoughts exactly my friend. Why is the mainstream so concerned with our “health” when it comes to cigarettes? aggressively promoting how “harmful” and “deadly” they are? It’s just odd and makes me curious. It does seem like everything that is naturally androgenic is demonized. I have made note of this before.

I personally find it Strange too. Here in Germany Most of the People consuming PUFA Oil and Butter Subsitute instead of the Real Thing....

Also they are doing These Macro-Elimination Diets like Keto and Low Carb which is just unhealthy. I say it all the Time to the People to „Eat Balanced (Meals)“ or to try Ray Peat‘s Nutrition Concept. But they are SO Brainwashed by the Mainstream(-Media). And there Health is all over the Place (negativly speaking).....

Jack Earth

I personally find it Strange too. Here in Germany Most of the People consuming PUFA Oil and Butter Subsitute instead of the Real Thing....

Also they are doing These Macro-Elimination Diets like Keto and Low Carb which is just unhealthy. I say it all the Time to the People to „Eat Balanced (Meals)“ or to try Ray Peat‘s Nutrition Concept. But they are SO Brainwashed by the Mainstream(-Media). And there Health is all over the Place (negativly speaking).....

mainstream media is the tool used for population control

mangoes

My own 2 pence as a smoker. I’d recommend no one ever pick up this habit. It’s gross. Hard to stop. My chest is getting worse. Doesn’t matter if I smoke cigarettes or rolling tobacco. I really don’t see how it can be considered a healthful habit to be honest.

wasn’t the whole refute on the “war on cancer” that rates of cancers are going up but the decline we’ve seen is because of the reduction in smoking and a drop in lung cancer only?

aguineapig

My own 2 pence as a smoker. I’d recommend no one ever pick up this habit. It’s gross. Hard to stop. My chest is getting worse. Doesn’t matter if I smoke cigarettes or rolling tobacco. I really don’t see how it can be considered a healthful habit to be honest.

wasn’t the whole refute on the “war on cancer” that rates of cancers are going up but the decline we’ve seen is because of the reduction in smoking and a drop in lung cancer only?

Lung cancer rates haven't really declined along with the smoking rate.

Try using nasal snuff as a smoking alternative, much gentler, no combustion, probably easier to ween off.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals