Why does smoking cigarettes absolutely drain me

blue_lotus

I like to buy cigarettes occasionally (I prefer the yellow american spirits), yet I noticed that just a few hits off a cigarette completely exhausts me, my mood tanks and my productivity zeroes out for the next few hours and all I can do is just lay down. truthfully I do feel a lot better, more energetic and more productive when I dont smoke at all and I plan on "quitting" again after this pack, mostly im just curious what can cause this effect? is this what everyone experiences or just metabolically impaired people?

one thing I noticed though, if I take the tobacco out of the cigarette and smoke it in a bowl then I dont get this effect as strongly. this suggests that the effect is actually related to the cigarette paper itself...any thoughts?

Probably because of the carbon monoxide. It binds to hemoglobin where it Competes with oxygen so you are depriving your tissues and brain of oxygen.

OP
blue_lotus

blue_lotus

Probably because of the carbon monoxide. It binds to hemoglobin where it Competes with oxygen so you are depriving your tissues and brain of oxygen.
ah that makes sense. im guessing the combustion of the cigarette paper somehow intensifies this effect; it wouldnt surprise me if there are special chemicals in the FSC to enhance this effect and give the impression of a stronger nicotine buzz

maybe the fact that it affects me so strongly suggests that my default state leans towards a hypoxic state and all it takes is just a few drags from a cigarette to really tip me over

Sumbody

ah that makes sense. im guessing the combustion of the cigarette paper somehow intensifies this effect; it wouldnt surprise me if there are special chemicals in the FSC to enhance this effect and give the impression of a stronger nicotine buzz

maybe the fact that it affects me so strongly suggests that my default state leans towards a hypoxic state and all it takes is just a few drags from a cigarette to really tip me over
FSC!

I smoked for 11 years, once they made all cigs FSC, it changed everything.

I would get these weird feels, like sort of just before passing out or something. Sometimes felt sick or nauseous feeling like I never had before.

If you prefer to smoke, purchase a bag of good pipe tabacco and roll your own, with a quality rice paper. I like the brand "Elements". You can even get the filters and roll em up with it.

I don't smoke cigs anymore but I do have occasional Black & Milds if I'm enjoying a beer or something.

Nicotine can have effects on the body like what you described above. It's always better on the body to not smoke, but if you do enjoy doing so, you can atleast do it in a manner that will cut out as many added chemicals as possible.

noodlecat

1. not having adequate food intake
smoking with not being well fed feels terrible

2. like user above said, commercial FSC cigs are terrible. get loose tobacco and roll your own, or at least break up your commercial cigarette tobacco into your own paper. i use raw unbleached papers or at least the thin zigzags in shiny packaging.

dont inhale the butane, light the cigarette while holding it and then when it is lit bring it to mouth to inhale, or use a beeswax wick at least. i dont use filters because i get the sense they are pointless? idk. i smoke such tiny cigarettes anyways. one commercial cigarette makes three or four hand rolled ones and i smoke half of one before putting it out.

noodlecat

FSC!

I would get these weird feels, like sort of just before passing out or something. Sometimes felt sick or nauseous feeling like I never had before.

If you prefer to smoke, purchase a bag of good pipe tabacco and roll your own, with a quality rice paper. I like the brand "Elements". You can even get the filters and roll em up with it.

I don't smoke cigs anymore but I do have occasional Black & Milds if I'm enjoying a beer or something.

Nicotine can have effects on the body like what you described above. It's always better on the body to not smoke, but if you do enjoy doing so, you can atleast do it in a manner that will cut out as many added chemicals as possible.

i think they use more glue and paper to get the fire safe effect.

aquila2009

I just ended a 6 month experiment with tobacco. By the end I would feel the same way. I think it it’s the strong stimulation of the HPA axis and if you keep taking hits throughout the day you’re increasing the stress but your body can’t run on cortisol all day and feel good. I quite because I could feel and see the effects of high cortisol and stress on my body.

OP
blue_lotus

blue_lotus

thanks everyone for the feedback, I cant wait to finish this pack only like two cigs left. seeing as how I actually love smoking (especially when combined with a drink or two) I just cant bear to throw them out, gotta smoke them all hahaha

thanks for the recommendation, got a good recommendation for pipe tobacco too?

RawEel

FSC!

How did you quit? I really want to quit, or at least, heavily reduce my current smoking levels. I'm however concerned about my thyroid crashing.

Sumbody

How did you quit? I really want to quit, or at least, heavily reduce my current smoking levels. I'm however concerned about my thyroid crashing.
Will power and I didn't like how the new FSC type smokes made me feel sick.

RawEel

Will power and I didn't like how the new FSC type smokes made me feel sick.
Respect! Did you take any measures to curb effects on your thyroid? How long have you been off of smoking? Did you experiencenserious issues related to thyroid or other issues?

Sumbody

Respect! Did you take any measures to curb effects on your thyroid? How long have you been off of smoking? Did you experiencenserious issues related to thyroid or other issues?
I was in my late 20s when I quit cigs after about 11 years of daily or practically hourly use. I didn't have any issues related to that. In fact I probably felt better than ever.

I just turned 40 recently, and I mentioned above that I still consume nicotine from time to time in the form of pipe tobacco.

Although unlike cigs, it is not an hourly or even daily habit.

RawEel

I was in my late 20s when I quit cigs after about 11 years of daily or practically hourly use. I didn't have any issues related to that. In fact I probably felt better than ever.

I just turned 40 recently, and I mentioned above that I still consume nicotine from time to time in the form of pipe tobacco.

Although unlike cigs, it is not an hourly or even daily habit.
Amazing! Thank you so much for your response, much appreciated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals