Chris Masterjohn Seems To Be Falling Apart

InChristAlone

That is very nice of you. Wouldn't want all that vitamin A from the cream. That would just be cruel.
Actually I think butter/cream is protective. I put haagen dazs in my coffee everyday.

Omega-3s are way more immunosuppressive than omega-6s, and anything that suppresses the immune system causes cancer in the long run, so it makes sense that people who consume PUFA from soybean oil have less problems than those who consume lots of fish oil.

yerrag

Actually I think butter/cream is protective. I put haagen dazs in my coffee everyday.
Why do say so? I'm increasing my intake of it. Still observing the effects. I take it primarily for the long chain sat fats stearyl and palmitic, but it has some SCTs as well as MCTs.

yerrag

Omega-3s are way more immunosuppressive than omega-6s, and anything that suppresses the immune system causes cancer in the long run, so it makes sense that people who consume PUFA from soybean oil have less problems than those who consume lots of fish oil.
Yes, the lipid peroxidation chain reactions from PUFAs are more intense. Pity people spending big bucks for poison. I'm glad I'm not in that group anymore.

boris

I still look back at my fish oil days in terror. Used to force down tablespoons of it everyday. Never once thought it could be something bad, but the signs were clear. The stuff is repulsive.

I got none of the supposed benefits, my symptoms got worse and it was absolutely vile tasting and a big struggle to get it down. It really tastes like it's something highly toxic.

yerrag

I still look back at my fish oil days in terror. Used to force down tablespoons of it everyday. Never once thought it could be something bad, but the signs were clear. The stuff is repulsive.

I got none of the supposed benefits, my symptoms got worse and it was absolutely vile tasting and a big struggle to get it down. It really tastes like it's something highly toxic.
I think it has a lot to do with being brought up thinking everything is about no pain no gain. Like the more bitter it is, the more healthful it is. And the sweeter it is, the more unhealthful it is. And yet the propaganda gets worse.

yerrag

Why do say so? I'm increasing my intake of it. Still observing the effects. I take it primarily for the long chain sat fats stearyl and palmitic, but it has some SCTs as well as MCTs.
I should add there's plenty of MUFAs and some PUFAs.

I may need to take some Vit E supps unless there's already some vit E in butter.

Yes, the lipid peroxidation chain reactions from PUFAs are more intense. Pity people spending big bucks for poison. I'm glad I'm not in that group anymore.
I'm glad I snapped out of it too. I was ingesting fish oil daily in the past. I did suffer side- effects( eye lid infections, terrible muscle tone, bad sleep, stomachache, etc.) while I was using it, but "it's so important for the brain", according to almost every health site.

Tenacity

As far as I know, milk enhances absorption of zinc. Drinking milk with a plant-based zinc containing meal significantly increases absorption of the zinc from that meal.

Calcium supplements could be different though and prevent zinc absorption, like the paper you posted suggests.

Apparently there's a protein in human milk that enhances zinc absorption, but it's not as present (or not present at all) in cow's milk. Curious about this one too, as it's made me reconsider my low-meat and a quart of milk a day habit.

InChristAlone

Runenight201

Might as well join in the cathartic releasing of our FLCO horror stories... I recall always keeping it cold to ensure their quality remained pure, and faithfully took my tablespoon of not just the cod liver oil but the skate liver oil as well! Even had to round out my supplemental protocol with the butter oil... I would take one tablespoon each before bed, plugging my nostrils and then chasing with anything I could to get the horrible taste out of my mouth.

Now, I do recall having VERY vivid dreams after taking the stuff, which I kind of liked. I was playing around with lucid dreaming at the time, and even managed to briefly go lucid a couple of times. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t interested in ordering some more of the stuff to experiment with the dreamworld again.... the more experienced one is the more they can play with fire right?

InChristAlone

Butyric acid.
That is a beneficial aspect of butter but Smith mentioned phytanic acid I haven't gone back to find any research papers on it though.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

schultz

dfspcc20

Wow strange! I strongly suspected P5P, which I see in his Nov 29 post he's currently taking, to be causal or worsening of abnormal twitching allover body and yes what can be arguably severe in that they could be really strong reflex like jerks, even of my whole stomach at once contracting for example, back 2-3 years ago. I still have it occasionally but far far less and link it mainly to my vague ibs and how active/disrupting it is.
Odd to find he has observed the opposite effect using it. What helped me make consider the connection was reading somewhere about how too much B6 can cause nerve issues and realize oops maybe that's a bad idea to be taking...

The twitching occurred often while awake but also happened often around falling asleep so was related to hypnic jerks, a subset of myoclonus, the technical term for twitching.

How long after stopping P5p did you see improvement?

mouse

Makes more sense to eat liver instead of supplements.

It happened with liver as well, so it had nothing to do with the form of Vitamin A.

Thank you for finding those papers.

Daft

How long after stopping P5p did you see improvement?

Hmm can't remember too specifically, though I do remember thinking it took a while, suspecting possibly it wasn't just about levels reducing(though that process being slow being part of why it was so lasting) but that it likely had caused lasting effects that I was worried may be partly permanent, regardless of body levels reducing...

Out on a limb on the speculating, but that is my recollection at this moment.

Also, I had never had such twitching prior to that year, nor had I taken specifically P5P, which speaks to the causality. But the causality is still not certain, just a suspicion. However, at the time it was fairly disturbing and worrisome. Because these were often violent reflex-like jerks of big muscles, it was simply not right. It coincided with many other abnormal stuff going on I attributed to IBS/"spastic colon" being more active, and contributes to my seeing IBS as helpfully described in the past as "spastic colon": as an essentially nerve related problem in the gut which can then cause other nerve like symptoms in the body.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals