I Think I’ve Finally Figured Out How To Use Niacinamide

LeeLemonoil

Ok, I will buy some vodka then :).
That will do better than just water, yes. You could also buy a few gram of Natrium hyaluronate powder and get a light gel that will remain longer on the skin. 0,1-0,2% suffice and offer additional skincare effects.

Wodka
4-6% Niacinamide
0,1-0,2% HA

Effective, extremely cheap.

tankasnowgod

a very new, well accessiblle article about why NAD+-precursors are bad in certain contextes:

https://www.leafscience.org/nad-and...s5KfSRf7HgPzh1USA2hGjUtVITNm6XtFGyM2-YSXeAEJ4

and thi is from life-extenders who are very much into the NAD+-hype train

Conclusion

The interaction of metabolism is complex, and it appears that careful adjustment of NAD+ levels may be required in order for it to be beneficial rather than harmful. Trying to raise NAD+ with precursors may come with too many downsides, preventing us from both having our cake and eating it; alternatively, researchers may find a way to bypass this issue. Only time and research will tell.

It may be the case that in order to restore NAD+ effectively, we must address the chronic inflammation caused by senescent cell accumulation and other sources of inflammaging. Ultimately, we may need partial cellular reprogramming to reset epigenetic alterations and senolytics to remove senescent cells.

I was looking at the advisory board of Leaf Sciences, and the very first name listed on the Scientific Board is David Sinclair, who as Haidut just pointed out in his recent post, was one of the key promoters of using SIRT1 activators to extend lifespan, and launched Sirtris Pharmaceuticals, in order to profit off of the patented activators- Sirtris Pharmaceuticals - Wikipedia

LeeLemonoil

Didn’t knew that. But isn’t he indirectly acknowledging faults then (a „good thing“/honest) when he and other life-extenders reconsider their position on NAD+ precursors?

They consider their niacin-derivates like riboside and stuff to be Sirt-activators too.

Lolinaa

Didn’t knew that. But isn’t he indirectly acknowledging faults then (a „good thing“/honest) when he and other life-extenders reconsider their position on NAD+ precursors?

They consider their niacin-derivates like riboside and stuff to be Sirt-activators too.

May I know how you use methylene blue? How much do you take daily? For a beginner how much would you recommend to start with to prevent the conversion into estrogen?

I would love to take advantage of its antiinflammatory effects. I still have awful period pains and one breast a bit swollen which is a sign of lots of prostaglandin.

blueorca

@LeeLemonoil : I wanted to start taking it for the energy and to have great skin. Right now its not the case, I tend to have acne on my back and its almost summer here, I would like to wear a bit more revealing clothes and go back to swimming but the acne left scars.

Anyway if I understood it can be pro cancer. I will stick to liver every 10 days or 2 weeks.
Have you tried Tretinoin Cream(retinol). It literally cures any skin problem, extremely effective. I recommend using it on ur back with a salicylic acid body wash. Those two literally cure any problem together. Just don't use it in the day, they make your skin way more susceptible to sun damage.

olive

Have you tried Tretinoin Cream(retinol). It literally cures any skin problem, extremely effective. I recommend using it on ur back with a salicylic acid body wash. Those two literally cure any problem together. Just don't use it in the day, they make your skin way more susceptible to sun damage.
There’s links between retinoid use and auto-immune issues.

olive

So what would you recommend Olive?
For acne? I think @Travis has covered acne in better detail than I ever could. Avoid spiking IGF-1 and normalise T:E:DHT ratio. I suggest you search for his posts on the matter.

It’s also worth checking if the acne is fungal, and not hormonal. Luckily this is easy to figure out. Go to your local pharmacy and buy 2% nizoral shampoo. Apply to damp skin. Leave on skin for 5 minutes before washing off. Do this 2-3 times a week. After two weeks you’ll know if it was fungal acne because it would have completely disappeared.

Lolinaa

For acne? I think @Travis has covered acne in better detail than I ever could. Avoid spiking IGF-1 and normalise T:E:DHT ratio. I suggest you search for his posts on the matter.

It’s also worth checking if the acne is fungal, and not hormonal. Luckily this is easy to figure out. Go to your local pharmacy and buy 2% nizoral shampoo. Apply to damp skin. Leave on skin for 5 minutes before washing off. Do this 2-3 times a week. After two weeks you’ll know if it was fungal acne because it would have completely disappeared.

I am a woman, I live in Europe so I don't think my pharmacy will have nizoral Shampoo.

Ok I will check his posts, or maybe I will send him an email. Before I had great clear skin and I want to go back to that.

Yesterday was very sunny where I live so I removed my t-shirt and stayed in the sun with only my bra and I am and my skin are feeling way better and before going to sleep I used some red light too.

I will try to use the red light 3 times per week and next Saturday and Sunday I will try to stay at least one hour with nude skin under the sun. We will see.
I have used as well the niacinamide with vodka and water and added some guar to thicken. It did help great too but I am scared to get irritation from the alcohol so I didn't use it last night.

Last edited:

blueorca

I am a woman, I live in Europe so I don't think my pharmacy will have nizoral Shampoo.

Ok I will check his posts, or maybe I will send him an email. Before I had great clear skin and I want to go back to that.

Yesterday was very sunny where I live so I removed my t-shirt and stayed in the sun with only my bra and I am and my skin are feeling way better and before going to sleep I used some red light too.

I will try to use the red light 3 times per week and next Saturday and Sunday I will try to stay at least one hour with nude skin under the sun. We will see.
I have used as well the niacinamide with vodka and water and added some guar to thicken. It did help great too but I am scared to get irritation from the alcohol so I didn't use it last night.
If you dont get nizoral,try looking for a ketoconazole shampoo. It's basically the same thing as nizoral.

Lolinaa

If you dont get nizoral,try looking for a ketoconazole shampoo. It's basically the same thing as nizoral.

I think its hormonal honestly. I tend to have around my period.
My symptoms are improving since on a Peat's diet apart my skin. It's the reverse.

revenant

There’s links between retinoid use and auto-immune issues.

Yeah, "links" as in retinoids may be useful. All I found by googling retinoids and auto-immune issues were positive articles:

Potential Role For Retinoic Acid In Autoimmune And Inflammatory Diseases Identified
[Retinoid therapy for autoimmune diseases]. - PubMed - NCBI

Or what kind of links are you talking about? Besides, this was topical application. Seriously, I think you're borderline paranoid about everything.

Gone Peating

I put 100-150mg of niacinamide in a mexican coke with my lunch (bison burger and bread and butter) and the energy and mental clarity effects only just started to wear off

Incredible supplement, much better than just caffeine only

Frankdee20

I put 100-150mg of niacinamide in a mexican coke with my lunch (bison burger and bread and butter) and the energy and mental clarity effects only just started to wear off

Incredible supplement, much better than just caffeine only

Definately best to consume that amount per serving along with the food it needs. I do not know how people tolerate a gram or 2 a day.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Now Foods Niacinamide is easily obtained in Canada from any health food store. It’s cheap cheap cheap too

Edit: I was just reading another RP thread on Niacinamide. It’s an awesome supplement and I’m going easy on it :)

invictus

Embarked on another experiment with niacinamide in an attempt to restore my long standing poor sleep, which is related to untreatable bipolar illness. Last evening, took 50 mg, ate a big bowl of oatmeal, heavily sugared. Within an hour, felt calm like I haven't felt in years. Started getting sleepy around 9:30 and went to bed at 10. Woke up sometime during the night, knew it wasn't morning, looked at the clock; it was 1:15. Went to the bathroom, got back into bed, tossed and turned until finally had enough. It was 4:15. Also, woke up intensely hungry.

I know I have nothing to lose, even if my sleep is lousy. I will say, though, that despite 3 hours sleep, it was a deep sleep. I'll keep experimenting and reading forum comments. Being an amateur scientist/perpetual lab rat is fun.

This is exciting. I really want to thank @Inaut for the idea.

I’m going to start this when I get home.

I’ve been taking 500mg of niacinamide at once. It’s convenient. No effects from it good or bad. I have in the past done niacinamide in lower Peat-approved dosages. Now I’ll try the 50mg or so at a time.

accelerator

so I’ve used niacinamide on and off for the last couple of years. Typically in doses of 500mg at a time (due to the capsules coming in that amount), it never really agreed with me. I’d take it but wouldn’t see any benefit.....

After listening to Chris Masterjohn discuss niacin/amide/ nicotinimide riboside in one of his YouTube videos, i clued in to the fact that the dosage I was taking was counter productive. I also recalled Masterjohn saying that only about 40mg per hour can be absorbed into the blood stream so I figured why not aim for smaller doses, more frequently throughout the day.

For the last two or so weeks, I’ve been opening up the capsule and adding a bit to water throughout the day. In total, the 500mg capsule might last me two days but the energy and feeling I get from it is quite impressive. Shortly after ingestion, I notice my body temperature rises substantially almost to the point of a light sweating for about 5 minutes. After the water, I follow up with some orange juice.

Other thing to note is my libido is off the charts. Like I’m in my teens again.... I’m taking other things as well so I won’t attribute it solely to niacinamide (limonene, caffeine, and mag malate to name a couple) but am really happy with the direction I am going in. Energy is best it’s been in a long time.

For those not getting good results from niacinamide, maybe try reducing the dosage but using it more frequently. Might be helpful.

Just thought I’d share

Still taking it this way?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals