I Think I’ve Finally Figured Out How To Use Niacinamide

outcast1979

Now Foods Niacinamide is easily obtained in Canada from any health food store. It’s cheap cheap cheap too

Edit: I was just reading another RP thread on Niacinamide. It’s an awesome supplement and I’m going easy on it :)
I use 3 grams per day with no major problems aside that once a time i have pain in the liver,.Also niacin have something to do with estrogens,cause when i take it my niples get smaller and become tighter less water for sure.

Last edited:

Hgreen56

so I’ve used niacinamide on and off for the last couple of years. Typically in doses of 500mg at a time (due to the capsules coming in that amount), it never really agreed with me. I’d take it but wouldn’t see any benefit.....

After listening to Chris Masterjohn discuss niacin/amide/ nicotinimide riboside in one of his YouTube videos, i clued in to the fact that the dosage I was taking was counter productive. I also recalled Masterjohn saying that only about 40mg per hour can be absorbed into the blood stream so I figured why not aim for smaller doses, more frequently throughout the day.

For the last two or so weeks, I’ve been opening up the capsule and adding a bit to water throughout the day. In total, the 500mg capsule might last me two days but the energy and feeling I get from it is quite impressive. Shortly after ingestion, I notice my body temperature rises substantially almost to the point of a light sweating for about 5 minutes. After the water, I follow up with some orange juice.

Other thing to note is my libido is off the charts. Like I’m in my teens again.... I’m taking other things as well so I won’t attribute it solely to niacinamide (limonene, caffeine, and mag malate to name a couple) but am really happy with the direction I am going in. Energy is best it’s been in a long time.

For those not getting good results from niacinamide, maybe try reducing the dosage but using it more frequently. Might be helpful.

Just thought I’d share
how did you convert 500mg to 50mg?
u use a scale?

Cooper

You guys have to take Niacin with flushing. It is insane. I took Nutricost's with flush niacin. One pill and you get strong effects. I mean, they are not pleasant but it shows that it works, whatever the reason you take.

Scratching your skin on niacin high is also the best thing ever lol. I get tingly and red, like severe sunburn red after 15mins i took a pill. They go away within a hour.

You shouldn’t really be taking niacinamide after sun down, it messes with the circadian clock via SIRT1.

But you are on the right track with dose. 500mg is far too large. ~50mg upon waking with a large carb only meal (preferably including fruits) is a great way to start the day.
I thought so too olive until I was corrected yesterday by Ray Peat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-131538_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-131538_Outlook.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 200
I have no problem taking niacinamide at night if I had enough carbs/fructose during the day
I think I know what you mean equipoise. Since hearing that night is best, I have taken it right before bed, without food, and it has given me a little stomach upset. I think I will have with dinner instead of bedtime and see how it lands.

equipoise

I think I know what you mean equipoise. Since hearing that night is best, I have taken it right before bed, without food, and it has given me a little stomach upset. I think I will have with dinner instead of bedtime and see how it lands.
Yeah, niacinamide like aspirin and caffeine really requier proper diet days on end. If the body is fed, it relaxes it. Otherwise it will produce a stress response.

Bump bump bump.

I probably did 50mg, three times today and it’s profound. Cant usually correlate effects of supplements but for this I can.

Ray for the win!!!!
I take a 250 mg tablet and split it up into 4 parts and evenly space it out during the day. So that’s about 62 mgs 4 x a day. Sometimes I just take it 3x a day. I feel great using it this way.