X ray and mri

leeteeh

at the dentist today and got asked about having 2 X-rays, 1 on other side of my mouth. I assumed you had to have a thyroid cover on but wasn’t given one and I didn’t realise the machine was so small so I thought this machine but me small and specific to its small area. I guess I was wrong but this was last minute and I’ve had issues with teeth and gums lately so wasn’t going to refuse X-rays that could have given me more inside into possible damage of my teeth.
I’ve read some good advice on aspirin and red light and more for x ray exposure but my issue is in 1 weeks time I’ve got to have an MRI scan of my spine and pelvis so I can’t go using aspirin, red light or taking anything that may reduce inflammation as this is part of what they are looking for in my spinal scan. I guess I should have postponed the teeth x ray until a couple of months after the mri but I wasn’t trying to worry and prolong anything as I’ve got health issues and want them sorted sooner rather than later.
I will use red light now on my face, thyroid and head but don’t want to continue using it incase of reducing spinal inflammation close to the mri.

Are x rays and mri this big of a worry? Was it a bad idea to have them this close together? Considering my health isn’t great already and I seem to live in a high emf area possibly in line with a hidden cell tower (waiting on a better emf meter to test more accurately)
I’m not sure if I should ignore it and not worry or act fast on whatever I can do?

mostlylurking

at the dentist today and got asked about having 2 X-rays, 1 on other side of my mouth. I assumed you had to have a thyroid cover on but wasn’t given one and I didn’t realise the machine was so small so I thought this machine but me small and specific to its small area. I guess I was wrong but this was last minute and I’ve had issues with teeth and gums lately so wasn’t going to refuse X-rays that could have given me more inside into possible damage of my teeth.
I’ve read some good advice on aspirin and red light and more for x ray exposure but my issue is in 1 weeks time I’ve got to have an MRI scan of my spine and pelvis so I can’t go using aspirin, red light or taking anything that may reduce inflammation as this is part of what they are looking for in my spinal scan. I guess I should have postponed the teeth x ray until a couple of months after the mri but I wasn’t trying to worry and prolong anything as I’ve got health issues and want them sorted sooner rather than later.
I will use red light now on my face, thyroid and head but don’t want to continue using it incase of reducing spinal inflammation close to the mri.

Are x rays and mri this big of a worry? Was it a bad idea to have them this close together? Considering my health isn’t great already and I seem to live in a high emf area possibly in line with a hidden cell tower (waiting on a better emf meter to test more accurately)
I’m not sure if I should ignore it and not worry or act fast on whatever I can do?
It would be a very good idea to decline the "contrasting agen" which is gadulinium, a heavy metal. They can see what they need to see without the life changing heavy metal. There's also ultrasound.

Those dental xrays bounce all over the place, including into the brain. I avoid them myself. I've already got enough problems.

OP
L

leeteeh

It would be a very good idea to decline the "contrasting agen" which is gadulinium, a heavy metal. They can see what they need to see without the life changing heavy metal. There's also ultrasound.

Those dental xrays bounce all over the place, including into the brain. I avoid them myself. I've already got enough problems.
I definitely will refuse the contrast dye although I’m unsure if they’ll want to use it anyway but yes I planned to say no for sure.
Yesterday after the x rays I had a headache all day and last night I remembered having 6/7 dreams all anxiety/nightmares 2 of which the worst I’ve ever had. 1 was seeing a loved one die which I’ve never dreamt of and the other was like sleep paralysis, I was watching myself dream and seeing this demon or something evil over me and couldn’t move or shout it was awful never had it before. I’m assuming this could be the x rays as I’ve never had anything like this before and I’ve done nothing different other than the x rays I had yesterday. You think it could be that affecting the brain in some way?
I also didn’t have a thyroid cover or anything, I wasn’t really thinking I just wanted them done as I’ve had dental issues for some months.

mostlylurking

I definitely will refuse the contrast dye although I’m unsure if they’ll want to use it anyway but yes I planned to say no for sure.
Be prepared to stand your ground or walk out if they insist on the contrast dye.
Yesterday after the x rays I had a headache all day and last night I remembered having 6/7 dreams all anxiety/nightmares 2 of which the worst I’ve ever had. 1 was seeing a loved one die which I’ve never dreamt of and the other was like sleep paralysis, I was watching myself dream and seeing this demon or something evil over me and couldn’t move or shout it was awful never had it before. I’m assuming this could be the x rays as I’ve never had anything like this before and I’ve done nothing different other than the x rays I had yesterday. You think it could be that affecting the brain in some way?
You think it could be that affecting the brain in some way?
yes.

Red light and progesterone can be helpful.
I also didn’t have a thyroid cover or anything, I wasn’t really thinking I just wanted them done as I’ve had dental issues for some months.
The dental xray thing is difficult. I made the decision years ago that I have had my quota of radiation and toxins and I'm just not willing to add more to my load. My dentist does not require me to have the xrays but I do have to sign a statement that I have declined the xrays.

I've been through times of having very sensitive teeth and I've got a spot or two in my mouth where evidently there's some gum receding and a very sensitive nerve. But the dental hygienist and the dentist look at it and say there is no decay. My teeth sensitivity has greatly improved via this toothpaste.

A-Tim

Be prepared to stand your ground or walk out if they insist on the contrast dye.

yes.

The dental xray thing is difficult. I made the decision years ago that I have had my quota of radiation and toxins and I'm just not willing to add more to my load. My dentist does not require me to have the xrays but I do have to sign a statement that I have declined the xrays.

I've been through times of having very sensitive teeth and I've got a spot or two in my mouth where evidently there's some gum receding and a very sensitive nerve. But the dental hygienist and the dentist look at it and say there is no decay. My teeth sensitivity has greatly improved via this toothpaste.
Has it had any effect on the gum recession itself?

mostlylurking

I honestly don't know. This spot is on the inside, lower teeth, next to my first molar. I don't seem to have the sensitivity anymore and my gums/teeth are in good shape now but I've also used another product that could have also helped.

I high dose thiamine hcl and it changed the ph of my mouth by ending my lactic acid problem. That could have also massively helped my mouth health.

A-Tim

I honestly don't know. This spot is on the inside, lower teeth, next to my first molar. I don't seem to have the sensitivity anymore and my gums/teeth are in good shape now but I've also used another product that could have also helped.

I high dose thiamine hcl and it changed the ph of my mouth by ending my lactic acid problem. That could have also massively helped my mouth health.
Cool. In any case, no sensitivity seems like a step in the right direction.

kimbriel

MRIs don't have radiation, Xrays do... I often wonder if my religious dental cleanings (fluoride) and xrays are part of why my thyroid is an utter fail at this point in my life.

Aspirin, red light, and T3 are your friends... methylene blue if you have it. Then red light 15 min after the methylene blue.

mostlylurking

The gum recession + the thiamine deficiency/functional blockage fall of 2020 resulted in me getting low ph/acidic mouth and SIX gum line cavities (front uppers) in about 6-8 weeks. The dentist did a little filling in with a composite which covered up the exposed dentin on my gum line. Getting my ph normalized via high dose thiamine was a huge help and I haven't had any more problems since December of 2020.

OP
L

leeteeh

yes.

yes.

I’m definitely not having the contrast dye for this spine mri. Although I may need mri/mra of brain/neck soon due to severe head pain, pulsation tinnitus and other odd symptoms which may be a vascular or brain issue which I believe would be the dye to see the tiny details of all the veins and parts in the skull. I really don’t want that but what if they can’t see the details without it? As it could be an issue which if untreated could cause stroke or aneurism and other deadly issues. Any suggests or details research on gadolinium ?

OP
L

leeteeh

MRIs don't have radiation, Xrays do... I often wonder if my religious dental cleanings (fluoride) and xrays are part of why my thyroid is an utter fail at this point in my life.

Aspirin, red light, and T3 are your friends... methylene blue if you have it. Then red light 15 min after the methylene blue.
I realise now it’s not radiation from mri but it is a large magnetic field exposure.
I’m waiting until after the mri to start aspirin, red light and MB as I don’t want to lower any inflammation which is what they may be looking for with this mri in the first place. Thanks for the suggestions, my thyroid also isn’t great right now so not good timing with those x rays I had

Nick

I realise now it’s not radiation from mri but it is a large magnetic field exposure.
I’m waiting until after the mri to start aspirin, red light and MB as I don’t want to lower any inflammation which is what they may be looking for with this mri in the first place. Thanks for the suggestions, my thyroid also isn’t great right now so not good timing with those x rays I had
MRI is radiation, just not with an ionizing wavelength like x-rays. It is both a magnetic field and radio waves. Probably much safer than high dose ionizing radiation like a CT scan, but arguably it could be more dangerous than a low dose x-ray.

Peatress

I started hearing about MRI not being safe in 2021 but I haven't investigate it much. There is a facebook group for MRI injuries - I'm not on facebook so I can't access the information

kimbriel

MRI is radiation, just not with an ionizing wavelength like x-rays. It is both a magnetic field and radio waves. Probably much safer than high dose ionizing radiation like a CT scan, but arguably it could be more dangerous than a low dose x-ray.
Yeah, unfortunately I have been nuked like a bad TV dinner this year. CT, Pet w/ contrast, then another CT for follow up monitoring that my cancer doesn't come back (carcinoid, Ray actually wrote about it a little). Lord help me that this doesn't give me cancer. I also had a bunch of low dose chest X-rays because the carcinoid had been in my lung, so they had to monitor my lungs for a while post-surgery. Carcinoid is very slow growing, so I could have had it for a decade before it was found and then the surgical removal. Let's put it this way. My thyroid showed double the uptake on the Pet (from thyroiditis) than the carcinoid tumor did.

mostlylurking

Any suggests or details research on gadolinium ?
Gadolinium is a toxic heavy metal. The gift that keeps on giving.
"Gadolinium is highly toxic. Gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCAs) consist of gadolinium ions and a chelating agent that binds the gadolinium ion tightly in order not to manifest its toxicity. Knowledge regarding gadolinium deposition in patients with normal renal function has advanced dramatically. Since 2014, increasing attention has been given to residual gadolinium known to accumulate in the tissues of patients with normal renal function. High signal intensity on T1-weighted images (T1WI) in the dentate nucleus, globus pallidus, and pulvinar region of the thalamus correlate roughly with the number of previous GBCA administrations. Pathological analyses have revealed that residual gadolinium is deposited not only in these brain regions, but also in extracranial tissues such as liver, skin and bone. The risks attendant with these deposits are unknown. Common sense dictates that gadolinium deposition be kept as low as possible, and that gadolinium contrast agents be used only when absolutely necessary, with preferential use of macrocyclic chelates, which seem to be deposited at lower concentrations."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals