How to reduce possible damage from radiation / x-ray exposure?

Callmestar

I have a videofluoroscopy / barium swallow scan coming up I'm wondering if there are any precautionary measures I can take to lessen any potential damage from the radiation?

Ideally, I wouldn't have the scan at all but it's for an ongoing throat/swallowing problem that has caused me a great deal of stress and problems for a number of years and who knows what other impacts on my health. So at this point a scan to possibly find the problem leading to possible surgery/procedure to resolve it is the best option I have. I've had an MRI previously but it wasn't able to find the issue and I need a moving image of the swallow to see what's going on. That leaves a videofluoroscopy as the only option currently.

I don't think wearing a shield over my thyroid will be an option as that's the area they are attempting to see through, but if there's anything else that can be done in terms of supplementation or diet, please share.

OP
C

Callmestar

Scan is next week so just giving this one final bump to see if anyone has any ideas.

Stilgar

Red light, strong incandescent lights or sunlight for many days after, but especially in the first hour after exposure.

Try to eat as low PUFA as possible for many weeks afterwards.

Thyroid, progesterone, gelatinous broths, vitamin E, niacinamide and aspirin would also help.

But all things considered - really, really, really question how much you need the scan.

frannybananny

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals