Tips for someone getting dental x-rays

Josh

I’m going for some digital dental X-rays tomorrow, does anyone have any advice of what to do before/after?

Red light i see commonly recommended, i’ve got a red light device by redlightman, do i just shine it on my thyroid and body straight after?
i’m going to eat as much as possible leading up to it and after it.
Or any other advice or tips?

(And also i know i know, x-rays are not great but i haven’t had one for maybe 8 years and i’ve probably only had a few in my whole life when i was younger, i’m planning to get this set done tomorrow and then get on a strict regime of looking after my teeth so that i don’t have to do them for years again, i think negatives outweigh the risk as i’ve had dental pain for months now and i think the risk of not finding stuff out early is way worse than actually having them done, so i’m not here to be lectured on X-rays and how bad they are).

So i don't want to hear anything bad about experience or how bad it is because i'm definitely getting it done i've got no choice and i don't want to be freaked out hahaaaa

Last edited:

rei

Modern dental xray has much smaller effect than previous methods especially regarding thyroid. High dose vitamin c should help with any immune overreaction and progesterone help in healing any damage so it does not become chronic adaptation.

boris

Not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't do it :p:. They aren't necessary since there are machines for dentists now that use ultrasound instead of x-rays, just find a sane dentist.

OP
J

Josh

Not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't do it :p:. They aren't necessary since there are machines for dentists now that use ultrasound instead of x-rays, just find a sane dentist.
okay

Nicky

If you do get an ex ray ask for a collar, helps protect your thyroid.

boris

Red light i see commonly recommended, i’ve got a red light device by redlightman, do i just shine it on my thyroid and body straight after?

I remember Peat said that it has to happen within 1h after radiation exposure to mitigate damage.

Pinkmonster

I believe Ray Peat mentioned that temporary high doses of MELATONIN may be protective against X ray radiation. Perhaps someone on this forum has more details or recalls the specific interview where this was mentioned.

High dose vitamin C might also mitigate the radiation.

Also just wanted to share our experience: my spouse experienced tooth pain on and off for a few years.

What ended up helping were 2 things:

The calcium therapy sold by Dr. Manhart at the Calcium Therapy Institute. One of the members here @Lore mentioned it and I investigated. It definitely helped with teeth sensitivity for both of us. The calcium/zinc/magnesium mixture is applied topically. Not sure why this is so effective compared to ingesting the minerals. I do recall Dr. Manhart mentioning his "aha" moment involving calcium carbonate ... whatever his exact magic formula is, it absolutely helped with tooth sensitivity.

The tooth pain didn't completely go away for my husband. He went ahead and got a dental X ray behind my back. (I was fuming as he had a root canal done a few years back and that treatment involved getting multiple X rays. He had 6 or 7 X rays in a 2 year period!) The dentist could find no cause for the pain so there was no way I was going to allow him to get another root canal. So I put my research hat on and dug deep for unconventional treatments. His teeth were getting gray so I suspected that his body wasn't absorbing calcium properly. We tried A - D - K supplements plus oral calcium and magnesium but his body didn't like it (that's another story).

Sulfur kept coming up in the alternative health forums. So I purchased one of those 99.9% pure organic sulfur through Amazon. My husband noticed that his finger nails were getting stronger - a very LOL moment when he told me because he couldn't care less about that aspect of his grooming. Within a few weeks, we noticed that his teeth were no longer gray and tooth pain disappeared. He didn't even take the full dosage. Just about 1/4 teaspoon twice a day for about a month.

We also tried the sulfur sold by Patrick Timpone on his One Radio Network website. I can't attest that either the Amazon or ORN is stuff more effective ... just that the ORN sulfur is more expensive but definitely less bitter.

Hope this helps. I'm just someone who's been on this forum since 2012 trying to heal myself when the best doctors around me couldn't figure it out. I've never commented or posted until I saw your post.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals