Dental x-ray roster with Biological dentist

Advocate2021

Hello. I am supposed to go to a biological dentist later whose xray regimen is per below. She is evidently an excellent and skilled dentist and boilogical; yet she goes crazy with the x-rays and gives people a homeopathic after them to "detox" them. I dont really buy that aspect but i am trying to get to the bottom of what is going on with my teeth as I have sinus symptoms that I think are related; yet I am torn on the required roster of x-rays per below. Does anyone have any input on this:

"We're so sorry to hear that! We can take the 2D x-rays (FMX) with the protective vest with the thyroid collar tight and in place. However, for the 3D x-ray (CBCT) we can't use the vest or collar, it causes scatter so we wouldn't be able to evaluate from the imaging. The machine for CBCT that we have is the Planmeca Ultra Low Dose and only scans the jaw to the top of the head, it does not interfere with the thyroid or require a vest and/or collar to be worn for protection.

Can we take the CBCT without a vest and collar, but use it for the FMX? "

amd

One day ... but dentistry is known for being toxic and destructive, and the worst part is that they know it.

In a dental office they had a notice about their concern for the high number of mouth cancer cases. I commented: "What about X-Rays?"

Last time I was there, the notice was gone.

High-resolution 3D ultrasound jawbone surface imaging for diagnosis of periodontal bony defects

"Although medical specialties have recognized the importance of using ultrasonic imaging, dentistry is only beginning to discover its benefit. This has particularly been important in the field of periodontics which studies infections in the gum and bone tissues that surround the teeth."

"All the anatomical landmarks were detected and fully described as 3D images using this novel ultrasound imaging technique, whereas the 2D X-ray radiographic images suffered from poor contrast. These results indicate the great potential of utilizing high-resolution ultrasound as a noninvasive, nonionizing imaging technique for the early diagnosis of the more severe form of periodontal disease. "

Visibility of dental pulp spaces in dental ultrasound

"In conclusion, the dental ultrasound is feasible with general purpose sonographic machines. The buccal surfaces of all teeth are accessible with a compact (hockey stick) probe. Visualization of dentin, cementum and dental pulp spaces is possible in the portions of teeth not covered by the alveolar bone or prosthetic crowns. The dental pulp spaces are best seen at the level of the tooth neck. Pulp and endodontic filling can be distinguished on ultrasound."

"This study had several limitations. The shape of the stiff probe head does not conform to the shape of the teeth surface or the shape of the dental arch; consequently, large amounts of coupling agent are necessary, and only a few teeth can be visualized in a satisfactory manner. This problem could be solved by a custom-designed dental probe."

Last edited: