Why Are We Avoiding Dental X-rays?

DaveFoster

I just recently got a dental X-ray. I thought of it as a net gain to put off the longer term horror of extensive oral pain.

At one dentist I went to,
when I told the assistant I didn't want any x-rays,
she tried to brush it off by saying:
"Oh, these are just digital x-rays."
I never figured out what she meant by that.

Then, at another dentist,
he maybe explained the above expression
when he told me that the new x-ray machines they had just bought
use vastly less powerful rays than the old ones he used to have.
I'm willing to be him...he seemed like an honest guy and on-the-level,
but still....
I've had the exact same experience.

milk

A lot of great replies here.

I suspect I'm a chronic procrastinator. I meant to reply to this thread, and never did.

I got the files I need to do the x-ray. All I need to do is go to the clinic. It would definitely be handy because things are definitely not in perfect shape here and it would be great to know exactly what's going on.

BUT. Four years of peating have helped me keep my hairline pretty much intact, or should I say slowed down my hair loss significantly... and I'm at the point where if I lose any more hair I'll start definitely looking a little bald. I'm not there yet.

And you know. What if all that radiation is what tips me over that line. =/

Last edited:
Digital X-rays have less intense radiation due to sensors that are mores sensitive than film but ray has said they are maybe worse because they are absorbed rather than passing through. I decline X-rays all visits and it has been many years since I've had any. Dentist has me sign a waiver now and then but is fine with it.

tygertgr

I got hit by a car a few weeks ago and broke some bones in my hand and damaged a vertebrae. It was taking much longer than I expected to heal and I was getting scared about potential joint mobility problems that might be averted so I relented to x-rays yesterday. Now my entire hand and lower forearm is mildly tingling. This is not psychosomatic. People don't notice this sort of thing and worry about it? I regret bothering with the x-rays and should have just waited to heal.

No similar sensation in my torso from the back x-rays. I raised the question of getting a protective apron and the technician stared at me like I was crazy before digging one out of the closet. I at least tried to protect my nuts. From the way the machine is set up and the lack of shielding I'm sure the whole body gets irradiated when really they could at least limit the damage to the small window in question with some masking. They apparently think it's totally harmless and care not a whit about exposure extent.

I own an iphone and when it is heavily using cellular data and I hold it in my hand I can clearly feel something weird. It is not heat; it's a distinct sensation. I doubt I have some special sensory ability here. I have to assume a lot of people are completely ignoring what to me are pretty obvious warnings.

Atman

I own an iphone and when it is heavily using cellular data and I hold it in my hand I can clearly feel something weird. It is not heat; it's a distinct sensation. I doubt I have some special sensory ability here. I have to assume a lot of people are completely ignoring what to me are pretty obvious warnings.

Some time ago when our internet at home was not available I used my cellphone for the internet connection. It was laying about 40 cm away from me. Within 5 minutes of sending data permanently, I got an headache. The same happened about a month later and the same thing happened.

I always wanted to make a dedicated experiment but haven't come to it yet. I could explain the potential physical theory behind all of it, but I think it would be next to impossible to get a proper study funded and published in a mainstream journal.

You are not alone.

tygertgr

In my case I think a doctor should be able to literally feel my bones and offer a prognosis. I know Peat talks about ultrasound, but with my spine and hand I don't get why a doctor couldn't just palpate. I mean, I can feel the calcified lumps and scar tissue, I just don't have enough experience to know if everything is OK. The full blown imaging is clearly just a cash grab and lawsuit prevention on autopilot.

sladerunner69

Digital X-rays have less intense radiation due to sensors that are mores sensitive than film but ray has said they are maybe worse because they are absorbed rather than passing through. I decline X-rays all visits and it has been many years since I've had any. Dentist has me sign a waiver now and then but is fine with it.

I can't find a dentist who will see me without taking x-rays. I think it has to do with "progressive" California law, the ones I have tried usually mention something about "quality of care" standards.

bookshelf

If I have to get xrays, I use before and after: red light, aspirin, niacinamide, progesterone, caffeine and/or coffee, theanine.
How long do you do the red light for (duration and days after)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals