Chris Masterjohn Seems To Be Falling Apart

boris

This guy is proof you can know a ton about health, supplements, nutrition, physiology, etc. but still be unhealthy

Who knows if he's actually implementing the right things, but I think it's clear by now that a lot of people are focusing on the wrong areas

He got sick after fasting and losing half a pound a day, odd because he knew how unhealthy this is. He was also extremely paranoid about catching covid last year, he washed his hands so much that he destroyed the skin. Such stress really weakens the immune system.

In general he would probably do much better if he stopped eating his essential PUFAs. Although I don't know how much of it he consumes at the moment.

InChristAlone

Ratio of vitamin A to D puts one at risk for respiratory illness. He is well known for very high vitamin A intakes. My family and I haven't been sick in 2.25 yrs since moving to the South. Also no hand washing lol. I rarely ever wash my hands outside of what's necessary. He does mention humidity helping his dry cough. The humidity of the South I think is beneficial unlike what most people say about it.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ratio of vitamin A to D puts one at risk for respiratory illness. He is well known for very high vitamin A intakes. My family and I haven't been sick in 2.25 yrs since moving to the South.
Kruse right again. :ss

Kruse right again. :ss
5a8.jpg

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Mito

Ratio of vitamin A to D puts one at risk for respiratory illness. He is well known for very high vitamin A intakes. My family and I haven't been sick in 2.25 yrs since moving to the South. Also no hand washing lol. I rarely ever wash my hands outside of what's necessary. He does mention humidity helping his dry cough. The humidity of the South I think is beneficial unlike what most people say about it.
He said he hasn’t gotten the flu since he was a teenager. He was on a weight loss diet and had lost 10 lbs before he got COVID. The dieting may have been a bigger factor for his immune system.

InChristAlone

He said he hasn’t gotten the flu since he was a teenager. He was on a weight loss diet and had lost 10 lbs before he got COVID. The dieting may have been a bigger factor for his immune system.
That was during this sickness, what about the previous sickness that was 10 times worse? Honestly I think believing in viruses and becoming a germophobe is more relevant to covid. I decided I wasn't going to believe in viruses anymore. Really changed my mindset and made me realize that these things are fueled by our psychological state. If there had been no fear campaign would anyone even know there was a bad sickness going around? Or would there even be the pandemic? I'm not so sure there would have been.

yerrag

There are many holes in his knowledge, as well as many gems he's shared that has been useful to me.

He just happens to fall into those holes. And he will learn from it and be better for it.

If he's not had the flu, then it's reasonable to say he doesn't know this enemy. He just happened to be in a more healthy state then and along the way, some things changed with his physiology that he wasn't aware of. That lowered his immunity.

I liken it to someone who picks apart a perfectly fine car engine and ends up messing it up. He thinks he can make it run better than it was as a stock car engine. He would be better off if he just practiced good maintenance and care of his car without needing to know too much, but ending up knowing just enough to become dangerous.

Good inputs good output. Garbage in garbage out.

But he has subscribers who want to know more, so he has to know more. So he can't help but open up his own 'engine' for tweaking. He's learning the hard way the wisdom of the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The thing I like about him though is that he's honest and not hiding under a veneer of knowing it all. This may make him more credible. It is refreshing actually.

I hope he learned from it and can share from his experience why his immune system failed him.

I've learned from my own being very sickly with yearly flu and being very easily fallen by allergic rhinitis. Now I know what's most important and I don't have a single allergy nor had flu nor fevers for 20 years running. I have good blood sugar control, and now I realize that happens only with good sugar metabolism. And I have good acid-base balance because of good metabolism as well. This lays a good foundation as there is balance and with balance, as in a boat, we don't keel over as there is stability.

A lot of us sweat on the little things that have no real consequence. We intervene with our body's natural processes. We try to make the numbers look optimal when it doesn't actually optimize our health. It's like resorting to cheating when one has a poor hand in blackjack. Only difference is we're cheating ourselves, and not being aware of it.

Dont lose sight of the forest for the trees.

Mito

I decided I wasn't going to believe in viruses anymore. Really changed my mindset and made me realize that these things are fueled by our psychological state. If there had been no fear campaign would anyone even know there was a bad sickness going around? Or would there even be the pandemic? I'm not so sure there would have been.

There are many holes in his knowledge, as well as many gems he's shared that has been useful to me.

He said his mindset was that he was immune from getting COVID again, so he was going out and not worrying at all about getting COVID. He seems big into the SelfDecode SNPs now so he‘s going to anayze if he has a genetic propensity to get COVID.

yerrag

He said his mindset was that he was immune from getting COVID again, so he was going out and not worrying at all about getting COVID. He seems big into the SelfDecode SNPs now so he‘s going to anayze if he has a genetic propensity to get COVID.
That's going deep into the trenches. May be he could unearth some landmines.

But of course, the answer can't be right in front of him, staring down at him. It has to be something his intellect must decode.

zwez

He claims he got “Covid” twice but the first time he was sick he never tested himself for “Covid” and he never had an antibody test that would confirm immunity to “Covid” between his first illness and his second illness. There’s absolutely zero proof he ever had ”Covid” twice.

Sefton10

“My own experience is so far teaching me that energy metabolism is so universally applicable, built into the design of the universe and enshrined in the laws of thermodynamics, that optimizing idiosyncrasies of energy metabolism is often more fruitful than following a condition-specific evidence-based medicine approach built on the behavior of group means in randomized controlled trials.”

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Sefton10, I read that one too this morning. It would seem like health shouldn’t be that hard but the reality is that it is for some people sometimes. I really respect how he digs deep looking for answers and admire his persistence. I also appreciate how he shares and is transparent. I didn’t know until recently that he’s an Orthodox Christian so that explains the experiments with veganism. Plant foods and shellfish are considered fasting foods in the Orthodox Church.

exile

@Sefton10I didn’t know until recently that he’s an Orthodox Christian so that explains the experiments with veganism. Plant foods and shellfish are considered fasting foods in the Orthodox Church.

Yeah I learned he was a few years ago from this article. About 1/2 the year for them is “fasting”.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@exile, It’s pretty intense. Hopefully he’s gotten an exemption to continue with a more normal diet for health reasons.

youngsinatra

Has he ever shown his own labs? (esp. regarding thyroid function?)

He said in his article, that ATP production regulates micronutrient and mineral balance — that’s exactly what Ray has said, but Ray recommends thyroid supplementation as a solution.

I think Chris is trying to micromanage every nutrient intake, which I think is actually very futile, esp. when (potentially) hypometabolic/hypothyroid.

Danny also said that diet alone is oftentimes not enough to make real health advances in our deranged and stressful modern environment.