Low Toxin Lifestyle Chris Masterjohn's "coexistence of vA deficiency and toxicity"

mosaic01

Here's Chris Masterjohn doing some complicated mental gymnastics to bring together the apparent toxicity of retinol with his idea that everyone is deficient in it:

"I posited that a respiratory chain disorder was causing one of my clients to require much higher than normal doses of vitamin A and zinc, was causing paradoxical coexistence of vitamin A deficiency and toxicity symptoms, and was driving her apparent autoimmune condition.

It later turned out that I was right on the money. This client had a complex III disorder traceable to six homozygous mutations in the MT-CYB gene. The whole genome sequencing reports did not report this at all. It was my analysis of the raw data file that found six homozygous mutations that lined up perfectly with a functional test of the respiratory chain."

Hopefully he will at one point realize that retinol simply suppresses the toxicity by making the body temporarily shuffle more retinol and retinyl esters into the liver.

It is simply not possible to have both toxicity and deficiency in a nutrient at the same time. The reason people come up with these ideas is that they don't understand that there is neither a vitamin A or a copper deficiency in the first place.

The faulty early rat studies that poisoned the rats and killed them with retinoic acid, which led to the establishment of "vitamin A deficiency" still rear their ugly head here, with people confusing deficiency symptoms with toxicity.

Last edited:

Elie

Forum Supporter
Here's Chris Masterjohn doing some complicated mental gymnastics to bring together the apparent toxicity of retinol with his idea that everyone is deficient in it:

"I posited that a respiratory chain disorder was causing one of my clients to require much higher than normal doses of vitamin A and zinc, was causing paradoxical coexistence of vitamin A deficiency and toxicity symptoms, and was driving her apparent autoimmune condition.

It later turned out that I was right on the money. This client had a complex III disorder traceable to six homozygous mutations in the MT-CYB gene. The whole genome sequencing reports did not report this at all. It was my analysis of the raw data file that found six homozygous mutations that lined up perfectly with a functional test of the respiratory chain."

Hopefully he will at one point realize that retinol simply suppresses the toxicity by making the body temporarily shuffle more retinol and retinyl esters into the liver.

It is simply not possible to have both toxicity and deficiency in a nutrient at the same time. The reason people come up with these ideas is that they don't understand that there is neither a vitamin A or a copper deficiency in the first place.

The faulty early rat studies that poisoned the rats and killed them with retinoic acid, which led to the establishment of "vitamin A deficiency" still rear their ugly head here, with people confusing deficiency symptoms with toxicity.

These posts come from a different article, not the one liked here.

OP
M

mosaic01

These posts come from a different article, not the one liked here.

thanks, corrected

Here's his thoughts on the explanation behind the phenomenon he thinks is happening here:

In this particular case, low ATP compromised the absorption and distribution of minerals, including zinc, and compromised the oxidation of NADH to NAD+. The person also has a genetic impairment in the zinc-dependent enzyme acetaldehyde dehydrogenase, which is responsible for the second step in vitamin A activation. This results in a triple-hit against vitamin A activation — one genetic, one from zinc deficiency, and one from a high NADH/NAD+ ratio — and results in low retinoic acid levels regardless of the supply of vitamin A. Improving the supply of vitamin A can help, but it cannot fully repair the situation and eventually will lead to vitamin A toxicity symptoms from an accumulation of retinyl esters before the vitamin A deficiency symptoms are ever fully resolved. Since retinoic acid prevents autoimmunity, the energy metabolism impairment causes an autoimmune condition.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Thanks for posting.

I think I remember gbold recommending zinc, NAD, B2, molybdenum (+ thyroid iirc) to increase aldehyde dehydrogenases, retinal dehydrogenase etc. to increase retinoic acid in order to increase (a low) ceruloplasmin to normal. Many of the very sick people I know have low ceruloplasmin and it’s messing a lot with iron metabolism causing iron dysregulation - chronic inflammation.

Retinoids rescue ceruloplasmin secretion and alleviate oxidative stress in Wilson’s disease-specific hepatocytes

OP
M

mosaic01

I would rather say we are looking at a detox block involving some deficiencies, like zinc and NAD. Impaired conversion to retinoic acid becomes a problem because it's part of the detox process, and retinol then builds up. Such a block may also lower ceruloplasmin, I don't know.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals