Caffeine Decreases Nitric Oxide (NO) , Cox-2 Inhibitor

raypeatclips

Didn't see this posted and is a fairly new study. Also, does anyone any ideas how this relates to endotoxin? I am quite new at looking at studies.

Caffeine prevents LPS-induced inflammatory responses in RAW264.7 cells and zebrafish. - PubMed - NCBI

" Caffeine decreased the LPS-induced inflammatory mediator, nitric oxide (NO). Caffeine treatment also reduced the expression of pro-inflammatory genes, including inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), interleukin (IL)-3, IL-6 and IL-12, and decreased both IL-6 secretion and phosphorylated p38MAPK expression in LPS-treated RAW264.7 cells."

paymanz

Interesting stuff,

But I'm not sure what you mean by that question about endotoxins?

Lps is endotoxin,or a type of endotoxin,that is what I know.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Interesting stuff,

But I'm not sure what you mean by that question about endotoxins?

Lps is endotoxin,or a type of endotoxin,that is what I know.

I am confused myself, which is why the question was so poorly worded. I knew that LPS was endotoxin, so I was wondering whether caffeine effect endotoxin itself, or whether it just effected the negative effects of endotoxin.

paymanz

It seems lik it just has anti inflammatory effect ,so body don't over react to it?!

DaveFoster

Didn't see this posted and is a fairly new study. Also, does anyone any ideas how this relates to endotoxin? I am quite new at looking at studies.

Caffeine prevents LPS-induced inflammatory responses in RAW264.7 cells and zebrafish. - PubMed - NCBI

" Caffeine decreased the LPS-induced inflammatory mediator, nitric oxide (NO). Caffeine treatment also reduced the expression of pro-inflammatory genes, including inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), interleukin (IL)-3, IL-6 and IL-12, and decreased both IL-6 secretion and phosphorylated p38MAPK expression in LPS-treated RAW264.7 cells."
Endotoxin is another name for lipopolysaccharide (LPS).

DaveFoster

The adenosine system modulates Toll-like receptor function: basic mechanisms, clinical correlates and translational opportunities

If you want to read more about it, scroll to the TLR4 section in that study. Adenosine interacts wtih TLR4, the latter involved in the response to endotoxin. Adenosine antagonism (caffeine) upregulates the immune system, can alleviate immunosuppression caused by endotoxin, and can also help the body respond more effectively to the inflammation. There's some activity with IL-10, which has anti-inflammatory roles, but is generally undesirable.

With caffeine, context is important, and a lot of the studies on caffeine are acute, so they don't reflect chronic caffeine consumption, and they're sometimes done without adequate caloric intake before hand, necessarily.

I don't really know of a good way to remove endotoxin directly (except not eating starch and using activated charcoal/antibiotics). There's no practical difference between removing it, and having a system that can deal with it, analogous to estrogen.

sladerunner69

The adenosine system modulates Toll-like receptor function: basic mechanisms, clinical correlates and translational opportunities

If you want to read more about it, scroll to the TLR4 section in that study. Adenosine interacts wtih TLR4, the latter involved in the response to endotoxin. Adenosine antagonism (caffeine) upregulates the immune system, can alleviate immunosuppression caused by endotoxin, and can also help the body respond more effectively to the inflammation. There's some activity with IL-10, which has anti-inflammatory roles, but is generally undesirable.

With caffeine, context is important, and a lot of the studies on caffeine are acute, so they don't reflect chronic caffeine consumption, and they're sometimes done without adequate caloric intake before hand, necessarily.

I don't really know of a good way to remove endotoxin directly (except not eating starch and using activated charcoal/antibiotics). There's no practical difference between removing it, and having a system that can deal with it, analogous to estrogen.

For practical methods of wiping out endotoxin from the gut, in addition to Peat's carrot salad which for me works REALLY WELL, and activated charcoal which does seem to sterilize the gut effectively but also gives me runny stools and a painful bunghole. Using high dose aspirin, niacinimide, MB and washing it all down with a cold frothy 'shroom shake is a great way to ingest a killer amount of anti-microbial properties.

sladerunner69

@sladerunner69 what is that shroom shake?

organic button mushrooms fried in coconut oil. A small amount of oyster mushrooms fried in truffle oil. cold skim milk. A ripe frozen banana. organiz caramel ice cream (three twins brand). A teaspoon or two of instant coffee. one pasture raised egg yolk. a dash on cinnoman, a dash of nutmeg. Boiled soaked orange peels. Refined sugar or simple syrup. And of course activated charcoal 1-2 tsp.

Start with milk and a frozen banana in a blender, and add in the the ingredients slowly until you hit the orange peels which you dont want to blend to thoroughly because i like the texture of the peels.

DaveFoster

For practical methods of wiping out endotoxin from the gut, in addition to Peat's carrot salad which for me works REALLY WELL, and activated charcoal which does seem to sterilize the gut effectively but also gives me runny stools and a painful bunghole. Using high dose aspirin, niacinimide, MB and washing it all down with a cold frothy 'shroom shake is a great way to ingest a killer amount of anti-microbial properties.
Yeah; on my log I talk about taking the charcoal just after the carrot salad. Works great! Add a drop of tetracycline, and the bacteria will lament.

DaveFoster

sladerunner69

DaveFoster

LOL that sounds a little out there for me. I suppsoe it would be the same tetracycline but without thequality control?
It's pharmaceutical grade; it should be the exact same.

DaveFoster

Well what organization confirms the pharmaceutical grade? The almighty FDA?
Yes, but they're guilty of systematic dogma; they're tests are presumably accurate for things like heavy metals.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals