Anecdotal Evidence MSM Regrows Hair - Nitric Oxide Antagonist!

ddjd

MSM has been shown to decrease the production of nitric oxide (NO) and mitochondrial ROS, decreasing initial levels of oxidative stress.

I have long suspected that the root cause of hair loss is high nitric oxide (and estrogen, cortisol), and low CO2.

I believe Red Light, Methylene Blue and Emodin, which all dissociate Nitric Oxide from Cytochrome C Oxidase are the most effective tools in the fight against hair loss.

I now suspect that MSM may also possess similar properties due to scientific literature proving that it reduces Nitric Oxide, and the astoundingly large anecdotal evidence that it halts hair loss and stimulates new hair growth.

STUDIES:

The anti-inflammatory effects of methylsulfonylmethane on lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory responses in murine macrophages. - PubMed - NCBI
"MSM significantly inhibited the release of nitric oxide and prostaglandin E(2) by alleviating the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 in LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 cells."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5372953/
"MSM can also diminish the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) through suppression of NF-κB; thus lessening the production of vasodilating agents such as nitric oxide (NO) and prostanoids [86]. NO not only modulates vascular tone [92] but also regulates mast cell activation [93]; therefore, MSM may indirectly have an inhibitory role on mast cell mediation of inflammation. "

benaoao

You’re suspecting - no anecdotal evidence related to hair growth.

Let me rephrase this

I have long suspected that the root cause of hair loss is high nitric oxide (and estrogen, cortisol), and low CO2.

Close enough- the root cause of hair loss is whatever is leading to high NO, e2, Cortisol (and prolactin, DHT, adrenaline...) and low CO2. Those are responses and adaptations to a cellular problem. They trigger more dysfunctions, fine, but they wouldn’t be too high (or low for co2) in the first place if the body was healthy. They all have a perfectly physiological function and nuking them is obviously dumb as seen with most drugs

So fix:
1) insulin resistance
2) lifestyle biological nonsense

OP
ddjd

ddjd

You’re suspecting - no anecdotal evidence related to hair growth.

Let me rephrase this

Close enough- the root cause of hair loss is whatever is leading to high NO, e2, Cortisol (and prolactin, DHT, adrenaline...) and low CO2. Those are responses and adaptations to a cellular problem. They trigger more dysfunctions, fine, but they wouldn’t be too high (or low for co2) in the first place if the body was healthy. They all have a perfectly physiological function and nuking them is obviously dumb as seen with most drugs

So fix:
1) insulin resistance

What would you suggest for fixing insulin resistance?

Ras

So fix:
1) insulin resistance
Right. One must find the root of the disorder.

Motif

What thread?

@benaoao

And you wrote you get your collagen in Europe. Which one? And will this have the same effect as gelatin?

Jijita

What would you suggest for fixing insulin resistance?
I'm just confuse because you said that msm decrease pge2 and Travis before Said that pge2 is good for hair also i found a Guy in other forum takes msm+ oral minox and he grows his hair in 3 weaks i can post his pictures

Dave Clark

I was interested in trying the MSM until I read that sulfur was a copper antagonist. Does MSM use, or high sulfur intake from foods for that matter, really suppress copper? That concerns me because I am trying to get my copper straightened out. Would appreciate any thoughts on that.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I was interested in trying the MSM until I read that sulfur was a copper antagonist. Does MSM use, or high sulfur intake from foods for that matter, really suppress copper? That concerns me because I am trying to get my copper straightened out. Would appreciate any thoughts on that.
could be a good thing if you are overburdened with unavailable /unbound copper. i need to read into msm's affect on copper myself

Inaut

I have been taking msm with taurine orally as well as applying it topically in a vinegar rinse with taurine. I haven’t seen new growth but my hair is certainly stronger. Can’t only be attributed to msm+taurine+ vinegar rinses twice daily but I maybe wash my hair twice a week now before. My hair is fine and used to be horrible if I didn’t wash it daily with shampoo. It would get really greasy.

Red light, occasional methylene blue, selenium, zinc, bs in oj, focusing on liver/lymph, pau d’arco+burdockroot tea, d Limonene, magnesium and gelatin are also helpful for me as well.

I think it’s a combination of things obviously but I feel much better. I said it in another thread but if the liver/lymph is a addressed, I think many of the hormonal issues resolve themselves including thyroid health—and hopefully that leads to hair regrow eventually.

I’m lately quite happy about Limonene as a potential lymph decongestant and liver detoxifier. I go through phases though....

LUH 3417

I have been taking msm with taurine orally as well as applying it topically in a vinegar rinse with taurine. I haven’t seen new growth but my hair is certainly stronger. Can’t only be attributed to msm+taurine+ vinegar rinses twice daily but I maybe wash my hair twice a week now before. My hair is fine and used to be horrible if I didn’t wash it daily with shampoo. It would get really greasy.

Red light, occasional methylene blue, selenium, zinc, bs in oj, focusing on liver/lymph, pau d’arco+burdockroot tea, d Limonene, magnesium and gelatin are also helpful for me as well.

I think it’s a combination of things obviously but I feel much better. I said it in another thread but if the liver/lymph is a addressed, I think many of the hormonal issues resolve themselves including thyroid health—and hopefully that leads to hair regrow eventually.

I’m lately quite happy about Limonene as a potential lymph decongestant and liver detoxifier. I go through phases though....
What is your source of Limonene

Inaut

What is your source of Limonene

Right now jarrow formulas. About 2gs a day. Will be buying d Limonene in bulk from eBay(blubonic labs).
One supplement I don’t think I will ever give up based on benefits.

Pau darco also holds a high spot..

Grapelander

MSM has been shown to decrease the production of nitric oxide (NO) and mitochondrial ROS, decreasing initial levels of oxidative stress.

I believe Red Light, Methylene Blue and Emodin, which all dissociate Nitric Oxide from Cytochrome C Oxidase are the most effective tools in the fight against hair loss.

I now suspect that MSM may also possess similar properties due to scientific literature proving that it reduces Nitric Oxide, and the astoundingly large anecdotal evidence that it halts hair loss and stimulates new hair growth.

STUDIES:

The anti-inflammatory effects of methylsulfonylmethane on lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory responses in murine macrophages. - PubMed - NCBI
"MSM significantly inhibited the release of nitric oxide and prostaglandin E(2) by alleviating the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 in LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 cells."

Methylsulfonylmethane: Applications and Safety of a Novel Dietary Supplement
"MSM can also diminish the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) through suppression of NF-κB; thus lessening the production of vasodilating agents such as nitric oxide (NO) and prostanoids [86]. NO not only modulates vascular tone [92] but also regulates mast cell activation [93]; therefore, MSM may indirectly have an inhibitory role on mast cell mediation of inflammation. "
Interesting that endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide) was used to produce Nitric Oxide in the first paper. So essentially MSM confers protection from endotoxin.

In the second paper – authors noted using MSM on the skin:

1. Using a lotion containing EDTA and MSM, mild improvement in burn sites on rats were noticed following three days of topical application every 8 h.

2. Human combination studies with four peeling sessions using pyruvic acid and MSM once every two weeks improved the degree of pigmentation of melisma, skin elasticity, and the degree of wrinkling.

3. A combination treatment of silymarin and MSM proved useful in managing rosacea symptoms.

4. A case study of a 44-year-old man with severe X-linked type ichthyosis showed improvement of symptoms after four weeks of topical moisturizer containing amino acids, vitamins, antioxidants, and MSM.

Great post.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Interesting that endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide) was used to produce Nitric Oxide in the first paper. So essentially MSM confers protection from endotoxin.
thanks for finding that!

pepsi

I think this is true. Somebody said in another post that topical MSM is
good for the skin. I added some to my homemade lotion
(water, glycerin, niacinamide, sometimes meth blue). After a week, I noticed my
body hair felt coarser(I apply the lotion to my face/body).
I didn't connect the dots at first and I looked up
more info on MSM and found out its supposed to strengthen hair and/or increase
hair growth. I stopped adding it to my homemade lotion since its not a desirable
effect for a female.
But it might be useful for somebody who wants to increase/strengthen hair.

rei

a friend of mine found some help to inflammation and muscle type pains from "ice power" topical gel. Then he saw a new version of it at the store and decided to test it. He was astonished at the increased effect, and was excited to tell me about it. I looked at the tube and it said "ice power MSM"

Interestingly it is 50% more expensive than the standard version, so i will be bringing him MSM powder next time we meet up, to mix into the cheaper version and see if the effect stays the same.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals