Nicotine, pro- or anti-inflammatory ?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I put a little tobacco leaf in my Aeropress coffee this morning, it's got a bit of a spicy kick, it's nice!
Nice, I feel like they synergize quite nicely, gotta lower the dose on both fronts though.

Laurence

A few years ago I tried topical application of low amounts ~1mg. Was not impressed as, in me at least, it leads to a fairly large spike noticeable a few minutes after application. I remember reading that this rapid spike in nicotine levels is partly responsible for the addictive nature of smoking.

Potential LPS involvement sounds interesting and the NAD study was very impressive so to replicate that dosing I've been experimenting with 2 drops of 24mg/mL nicotine in vegetable glycerine in a 750mL water bottle that I drink from during the day. Roughly 2.5mg nicotine.
Early days but nothing negative so far.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

A few years ago I tried topical application of low amounts ~1mg. Was not impressed as, in me at least, it leads to a fairly large spike noticeable a few minutes after application. I remember reading that this rapid spike in nicotine levels is partly responsible for the addictive nature of smoking.

Potential LPS involvement sounds interesting and the NAD study was very impressive so to replicate that dosing I've been experimenting with 2 drops of 24mg/mL nicotine in vegetable glycerine in a 750mL water bottle that I drink from during the day. Roughly 2.5mg nicotine.
Early days but nothing negative so far.
Nice, do you notice any benefits?

I stopped for a few days and started again yesterday and the difference it makes for my hair and my gut is already noticable.
It seems to get rid of soemthing in my gut in a gentle way.

I keep trying to find studies on low dose nicotine (preferably in drinking water) ,but there is surprisingly little data on that.

Same is true for the effect of nicotine on NAD.

Like how does it exactly increase NAMPT?

Can nicotine be converted to nicotinamide (vitamin B3) inside the human body ?

Should we increase the substrate (vitamin B3) for NAMPT when we're increasing NAMPT's expression or is dietary intake of B3 enough ?

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Last edited:

Laurence

Nice, do you notice any benefits?
Placebo effect is possibly strong as the water does have quite a nice smell to it! Also it's only been about 1 week so I'm reluctant to attribute causality but focus at work seems to have improved.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I put a little tobacco leaf in my Aeropress coffee this morning, it's got a bit of a spicy kick, it's nice!
"It was recently discovered accidentally that a very small amount of caffeine
mixed with the tars from cigarette smoke prevented that material from causing cancers."
-Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals