Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) Is Endotoxin (LPS / TLR4) Antagonist

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by haidut, Aug 3, 2016.

1. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Yes, it is therapeutic for NAFLD and there are quite a few studies. Keeping in mind that vitamin B1 and B2 are also required for the liver to be able to excrete estrogen and the role of estrogen in NAFLD and cirrhosis, the role of B2 in liver health cannot be overstated.

2. schultz

schultz Member

Right, I forgot about the estrogen thing as well. That seems like an important piece of the puzzle. There are too many connections to keep track of in my head :crazy:

I find the b vitamins to be so incredibly interesting.

3. Peatogenic

Peatogenic Member

@haidut , I've long suspected some kind of gut/liver connection disturbance. While I've never been tested, I had many overt estrogenic symptoms like puffiness, gyno, etc. Doing just diet for four years definitely made improvements, but nothing extreme. When I started to try and experiment with androgens, a lot of my estrogenic symptoms significantly diminished, but I had also had rosacea symptoms developing over eight years. During this time I also learned I have most of the symptoms of CPTSD most of my life. So obviously a lot of hormone disarray.

So getting diet awareness gave me a strong foundation. Starting to mess with estrogen/DHT levels made marked improvements, even with some aspects of mental health. The next step was bringing in A, D, and Pan which revealed a positive massive shift in identity, anxiety, feeling inside my body, endurance, feelings of stable well being.

So the discovery that B2 deficiency is a prime mover and shaker in gut/liver breakdowns and is proposed as a deficiency in rosacea by RP, I'm thinking of exploring B2 and possible other B vitamins. Obviously all my symptoms (including mild rosacea) intertwine with hormone disarray. I'm thinking the addition of A and D definitely impacted my immune system.

I had previously dismissed Energin because I don't have fatigue issues, but do you see it as a valid tool to experiment with gut/liver disturbances? I do low dose of my other supplements....do you think the B2 in Energin is a good low dose?

4. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Dr. Peat says it can take a long time at high doses to overcome a riboflavin deficiency.

5. Peatogenic

Peatogenic Member

I read that somewhere, but wouldn't you be getting the effects of normal B2 levels in the meantime?

6. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Symptoms get better right away but to maintain you need ongoing large amounts.

7. GAF

GAF Member

CPA
    True in my experience.

Peatogenic. Not necessarily. 10-15% of peeps and 40% of Italians have b2 utilization issues per Coimbra protocol interview thread.

Bottom line: B2 harmless in high doses. So don't worry. Eat it till it's not needed.

8. Peatogenic

Peatogenic Member

Day two of 10mg synthetic NOW Riboflavin:. Clarity of vision (less dissociated), mild energy increase, the warming sensation of upper body (tendency to sweat) gone. I thought my mind/brain felt pretty clear before but even moreso now. I'm so happy I discovered this experiment, especially with its associations to endotoxin antagonism, rosacea deficiencies, and impaired estrogen detoxification.

9. brix

brix Member

Curious if r5p has same effects?

10. LeeLemonoil

LeeLemonoil Member

Info on how interchangeable the doses and effects of riboflavin hcl and r5p are has been discussed on RPF but I can’t find it with a quick search.

I think both are fine, unlike B6 for example where hcl-form actually might impair the status of active b6.

Here is an interesting article from masterjohn on B2 to regulate MTFHR-malfunction.
    https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2019/02/26/mthfr-just-riboflavin-deficiency/