artist

@Dr. B I’m just some idiot basically but my understanding is that endotoxin does to some extent function as a signaling molecule in the body. It’s normal to have some amount of endotoxin and the body regulates to some degree the amount it allows in the blood. But in conditions of runaway inflammation, excess gut permeability especially, it could be good to impede the effects of endotoxin to prevent excess damage from abnormally high levels. I suspect the issue of blocking TLR4 receptors is similar as in the case of histamine, another chemical that is both normal and necessary but damaging in excess. Some feel that long term use of antihistamines (which block histamine receptors rather than increasing the excretion of histamine) causes problems with feedback loops in the body. I would guess that the ideal in both cases is to use receptor blockers short term and take measures to actually reduce production of endotoxin (and histamine) in the long term.

As far as palmitic acid, I don’t know the degree of its agonism of TLR4. Everything has to be taken with a sense of proportion. Micromanaging diet to the point of avoiding healthy foods often leads to a dark place.

Dr. B

@Dr. B I’m just some idiot basically but my understanding is that endotoxin does to some extent function as a signaling molecule in the body. It’s normal to have some amount of endotoxin and the body regulates to some degree the amount it allows in the blood. But in conditions of runaway inflammation, excess gut permeability especially, it could be good to impede the effects of endotoxin to prevent excess damage from abnormally high levels. I suspect the issue of blocking TLR4 receptors is similar as in the case of histamine, another chemical that is both normal and necessary but damaging in excess. Some feel that long term use of antihistamines (which block histamine receptors rather than increasing the excretion of histamine) causes problems with feedback loops in the body. I would guess that the ideal in both cases is to use receptor blockers short term and take measures to actually reduce production of endotoxin (and histamine) in the long term.

As far as palmitic acid, I don’t know the degree of its agonism of TLR4. Everything has to be taken with a sense of proportion. Micromanaging diet to the point of avoiding healthy foods often leads to a dark place.
endotoxin seems more dangerous than PUFA and maybe even vaccines. it directly causes obesity, cancer, diabetes, all the autoimmune conditions etc.

do you know if vitamin C actually helps excrete endotoxin? orange juice and charcoal actually help excrete it. using excretion boosters should only help. reducing production should only help as well. less endotoxin is probably part of the reason there's benefits to cutting out wheat and starches and replacing with sugar carbs only. slower digesting foods lead to more endotoxin due to more bacteria feeding off them. you can observe major benefits from switching starch sources over to organic cane sugar instead. replacing breads, rice, potato, pastas with organic cane sugar, keeping calories/carbs the same, has major benefits to it.

vitamin A and D are the two that seem they dont actually help excrete endotoxin they just block TLR4? but charcoal, and maybe vitamin C actually boost its excretion?

also what about apple cider vinegar and olive leaf extract. these are considered antimicrobial, antibiotic substances. do you know if they help get rid of endotoxin as well? helping to destroy it or excrete it? it seems to have a weakness to acids of some kind. but it is extremely heat resistant. even a super high body temperature can't destroy endotoxin you need like 250 degrees for 30 minutes or something. so the main options are to stop its production as much as you can, boost its excretion as much as you can, and possibly, temporarily, block its effects as much as you can.

Dr. B

@Dr. B it’s a TLR4 receptor antagonist. Endotoxin’s inflammatory effects are mainly (entirely? Maybe someone knows another way) exerted by activating the TLR4 receptor. The physical endotoxins (lipopolysaccharides/LPS) are not removed by D3 but their impact is blocked by blocking the receptor’s activity.

dont A, charcoal and maybe C actually help excrete or remove endotoxin instead of blocking the TLR4 receptor?
i remember reading something about C binding to endotoxin, charcoal binding to it, and someone posted vitamin A cutting endotoxins half life in half? their method of action on endotoxin seems different than what D is doing, but ideally you could even combine D3 with A for more effects plus they balance each other out?
I tried using 1000mg C but it seems to raise cortisol due to its adrenal support or whatever? and charcoal is useful but troublesome to use because you have to take it first thing in the morning and then not eat for like 2 hours because you have to wait for it to be flushed out... so its a pain to use something like that

artist

@Dr. B you’ve tagged me twice but I am no expert on the subject. However I will say I honestly think your conceptualization of endotoxin is misguided. Endotoxin is an inevitable presence within the digestive tract. When your body is unhealthy it can lose the ability to regulate endotoxin’s activity. What symptoms do you have that you are attributing to “endotoxin”? Charcoal absorbs everything, including bacteria, which is why it can excrete physical endotoxin. I’m not aware of any other substance that does this. Fiber helps sweep things out of the bowel but will not necessarily absorb anything. And because your lower gut has a constant presence of bacteria it also has a constant presence of endotoxin, which is the natural byproduct of bacteria. The issue is making sure your gut integrity and immune function are normal enough to handle it.

Dr. B

@Dr. B you’ve tagged me twice but I am no expert on the subject. However I will say I honestly think your conceptualization of endotoxin is misguided. Endotoxin is an inevitable presence within the digestive tract. When your body is unhealthy it can lose the ability to regulate endotoxin’s activity. What symptoms do you have that you are attributing to “endotoxin”? Charcoal absorbs everything, including bacteria, which is why it can excrete physical endotoxin. I’m not aware of any other substance that does this. Fiber helps sweep things out of the bowel but will not necessarily absorb anything. And because your lower gut has a constant presence of bacteria it also has a constant presence of endotoxin, which is the natural byproduct of bacteria. The issue is making sure your gut integrity and immune function are normal enough to handle it.
endotoxin only comes from gram negative bacteria, not gram positive isnt that how it works? so bacteria alone doesnt mean youll have endotoxin? apparently antibiotics struggle to target gram negative bacteria, which could explain why theyre used to fatten up livestock and why people can gain lots of fat weight from using antibiotics even without changing diet/exercise.
something like olive leaf though supposedly targets gram negative bacteria so it would have a different effect than standard prescription antibiotics.

artist

@Dr. B yes but it’s unavoidable to have gram negative bacteria. Trying to get rid of it all is a fool’s errand. E. Coli for instance is a normal and necessary component of the gut biome.

Dr. B

@Dr. B yes but it’s unavoidable to have gram negative bacteria. Trying to get rid of it all is a fool’s errand. E. Coli for instance is a normal and necessary component of the gut biome.
cant you use antibiotics like olive leaf to disrupt and destroy them

artist

@Dr. B you will never get rid of them completely (or even mostly), nor should you. You can create a better balance of bacteria by manipulating pre and pro biotics in addition to antimicrobials, but you're thinking of this in very simplistic black and white terms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals