Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) Is Endotoxin (LPS / TLR4) Antagonist

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was thinking about the thread where we were discussing NAFLD in regards to endotoxin. I suppose, considering what you have posted on this thread, that B2 would have some protection against fatty liver?

Thinking about the average Western diet, high in refined foods and inadequate in micro nutrients like B2, but also high in calories, it's not hard to see how NAFLD is becoming a problem.

Get your freaking vitamins people!

Yes, it is therapeutic for NAFLD and there are quite a few studies. Keeping in mind that vitamin B1 and B2 are also required for the liver to be able to excrete estrogen and the role of estrogen in NAFLD and cirrhosis, the role of B2 in liver health cannot be overstated.

schultz

Yes, it is therapeutic for NAFLD and there are quite a few studies. Keeping in mind that vitamin B1 and B2 are also required for the liver to be able to excrete estrogen and the role of estrogen in NAFLD and cirrhosis, the role of B2 in liver health cannot be overstated.

Right, I forgot about the estrogen thing as well. That seems like an important piece of the puzzle. There are too many connections to keep track of in my head :crazy:

I find the b vitamins to be so incredibly interesting.

Peatogenic

@haidut , I've long suspected some kind of gut/liver connection disturbance. While I've never been tested, I had many overt estrogenic symptoms like puffiness, gyno, etc. Doing just diet for four years definitely made improvements, but nothing extreme. When I started to try and experiment with androgens, a lot of my estrogenic symptoms significantly diminished, but I had also had rosacea symptoms developing over eight years. During this time I also learned I have most of the symptoms of CPTSD most of my life. So obviously a lot of hormone disarray.

So getting diet awareness gave me a strong foundation. Starting to mess with estrogen/DHT levels made marked improvements, even with some aspects of mental health. The next step was bringing in A, D, and Pan which revealed a positive massive shift in identity, anxiety, feeling inside my body, endurance, feelings of stable well being.

So the discovery that B2 deficiency is a prime mover and shaker in gut/liver breakdowns and is proposed as a deficiency in rosacea by RP, I'm thinking of exploring B2 and possible other B vitamins. Obviously all my symptoms (including mild rosacea) intertwine with hormone disarray. I'm thinking the addition of A and D definitely impacted my immune system.

I had previously dismissed Energin because I don't have fatigue issues, but do you see it as a valid tool to experiment with gut/liver disturbances? I do low dose of my other supplements....do you think the B2 in Energin is a good low dose?

GAF

Symptoms get better right away but to maintain you need ongoing large amounts.

True in my experience.

Peatogenic. Not necessarily. 10-15% of peeps and 40% of Italians have b2 utilization issues per Coimbra protocol interview thread.

Bottom line: B2 harmless in high doses. So don't worry. Eat it till it's not needed.

Peatogenic

Day two of 10mg synthetic NOW Riboflavin:. Clarity of vision (less dissociated), mild energy increase, the warming sensation of upper body (tendency to sweat) gone. I thought my mind/brain felt pretty clear before but even moreso now. I'm so happy I discovered this experiment, especially with its associations to endotoxin antagonism, rosacea deficiencies, and impaired estrogen detoxification.

LeeLemonoil

Cirion

Maple syrup, amazed no one has commented on this. One of the best natural B2 sources known to man, and its sugar and calorie dense.

I've noticed that when I have a lot of maple syrup in my morning coffee, that I have a powerful urge to go to the bathroom, lol. I have a lot of endotoxin to clear out so its not surprising.

It's worth noting that my best metabolic days I have 1.5-2 cups (yes cups) of maple syrup a day. It's a daily staple in my diet now.

Scenes

Dr. Peat says it can take a long time at high doses to overcome a riboflavin deficiency.

Disagree. He wrote me in an email that just a couple of days of 20mg per day should see significant improvements if b2 deficiency was the issue. After that, 2-3mg is enough per day.

He also said perhaps gut irritants are what cause an ongoing inability to absorb and utilise b2.

I’ve found myself burning in the sun more easily since taking b2 regularly. I could definitely lower my pufa intake more, but this hyper photosensitivity is an issue for me. No idea how people take 400-800mg - lucky you.

Peatogenic

Maple syrup, amazed no one has commented on this. One of the best natural B2 sources known to man, and its sugar and calorie dense.

I've noticed that when I have a lot of maple syrup in my morning coffee, that I have a powerful urge to go to the bathroom, lol. I have a lot of endotoxin to clear out so its not surprising.

It's worth noting that my best metabolic days I have 1.5-2 cups (yes cups) of maple syrup a day. It's a daily staple in my diet now.

I knew there was a reason I love drinking maple syrup. I had only previously known about the high manganese content.

GreekDemiGod

Whenever I take 50mc B2, it shows in my urine. Does that mean that it is flushed out and not doing anything in the body? Any sense in increasing the dose?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals