Best supplements/pharmaceuticals for lower-carb weightloss?

Long story short I have been Peating a long time, health and thyroid is great, diet is great, stress sleep etc everything is OK but I have just been unable to lose the last 5-10% bodyfat I desire and the leanness levels I had throughout my youth. I'm not looking to be ripped and very low bodyfat, just bringing it down to ~15% from 20-25%.

The ONLY way I have found this possible is reducing carbs. I still consume carbs with all meals, but much less, totaling 60-80g per day, down from say 200-300g+. When I do this the fat starts coming off fast, and I feel mostly fine, just less energy. Still 1-2 times a week I will go higher carb.

Are there any supplements or medicines I could/should be using whilst I am in this temporary fatloss phase to minimize any damage from lower carbs and my body switching to fat burning? Thank you.

Osukhan

I did no carb for a long time, currently most here would consider im still low carb around 200g ish a day.

I think Amino acids (like kion, optimum , fortagen) have been a great addition to prevent muscle breakdown

LucH

bad question?
Yes. Whenever weight is lost through less calories, there is adaption of the metabolism.
Need to learn how to function on lipolysis. Not a high-protein diet however but a low insulinotropic diet (few insuline). See Jessie Inschauspé: Glucose revolution. Make a search with her name and her forum glucosegoddess.

Regina

Long story short I have been Peating a long time, health and thyroid is great, diet is great, stress sleep etc everything is OK but I have just been unable to lose the last 5-10% bodyfat I desire and the leanness levels I had throughout my youth. I'm not looking to be ripped and very low bodyfat, just bringing it down to ~15% from 20-25%.

The ONLY way I have found this possible is reducing carbs. I still consume carbs with all meals, but much less, totaling 60-80g per day, down from say 200-300g+. When I do this the fat starts coming off fast, and I feel mostly fine, just less energy. Still 1-2 times a week I will go higher carb.

Are there any supplements or medicines I could/should be using whilst I am in this temporary fatloss phase to minimize any damage from lower carbs and my body switching to fat burning? Thank you.
I sympathize with you and am in a similar state.

I recently tried yohimbine. Maybe 2 weeks ago. Now brown spots are coming back to my face. Peating had completely rid my face of sunspots. I could garden in the Florida sun and not get any "age" spots at all. I'm post-menopausal.
I reckon that the yohimbine is increasing adrenaline and therefore lipolysis (?). So my stored pufa is oxidizing and shifting me back in the state before I found Ray Peat.

So, I want to count my blessings and go back to putting all efforts in to keep lipolysis at a minimum.
Blessings: great sleep; rock solid coping and tolerance to bad situations; hardy skeleton; strong, resilient body with big muscles and endurance; enjoying the feedback of drinking orange juice or milk with feeling wonderful; happiness; joy; high mood. etc etc.....

Hmmm. This is an easy bet.

Yohimbine brought slightly firmer/flatter tummy. (maybe) But more brown spots and less sun tolerance.
vs
all the benefits of Peating.

Maybe I'm not supposed to be skinny. I still get a lot of head turns from men.

That said, it's important to focus on healthy pro-metabolic strategies.

Ben.

Yes. Whenever weight is lost through less calories, there is adaption of the metabolism.
Need to learn how to function on lipolysis. Not a high-protein diet however but a low insulinotropic diet (few insuline). See Jessie Inschauspé: Glucose revolution. Make a search with her name and her forum glucosegoddess.

I find it interesting that the bragg apple cide vinegar was just earlier this week mentioned on this forum here to be produced in a shady way and upon checking this glucose goddes i see this picture ...

ezgif-1-7876fe09a8.jpg

It's also kinda dissapointing that someone calling themself or their company glucosegoddess advocates for using fat as fuel and avoids "glucose spikes" instead of cutting edge ways to make glucose great again );

LucH

for using fat as fuel and avoids "glucose spikes" instead of cutting edge ways to make glucose great again );
Misunderstood. Not using fat as main fuel but less sugar spike. carbs must be clothed. First fibers (vegetables), then meat with fat, and last sugars.
And you're free to adapt the kind of fats you want.
=> Not 50 - 60 % sugars through starch and added sugars, like a lot of people, but rather 40 % from fruits and vegetables, and a little starch from potato or rice if clothed with butter, coconut oil or olive oil, from time to time. Rather butter or coconut oil, as far as I'm concerned. Free to adapt, according to your desires / targets.
And we won't get everyone to agree. ;)
If you understand that more insulin secreted equals more calories stored, you're free to adapt ...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals