Belly Fat

RWilly

I've attached the table from that study, where they instructed people to eat 1 gram of vitamin C with two meals a day, for at least 16 weeks. So, two grams total supplemental C a day. As you can see, some subjects had a slight increase in ferritin, one had a fairly high jump of 50 ng/ml in ferritin, and several had their ferritin levels drop by 80-150 ng/ml. The majority didn't seem to have ferritin fluctuate much.

Since C chelates the free iron, which is what leads to greater absorption, it may be that one of the best things you can do if you're going to have an iron fortified meal is to take some Vitamin C with it. This could help to stop the iron from promoting pathogenic gut bacteria in the GI tract, and could also help minimize the immune system attack on the gut that is sure to proceed due to the foreign body reaction of having iron filings in your meal. In fact, this may even help keep body iron stores in the desirable low end of the range.

Thanks for sharing that article and your thoughts. I've wondered about that as well.

RWilly

I've attached the table from that study, where they instructed people to eat 1 gram of vitamin C with two meals a day, for at least 16 weeks. So, two grams total supplemental C a day. As you can see, some subjects had a slight increase in ferritin, one had a fairly high jump of 50 ng/ml in ferritin, and several had their ferritin levels drop by 80-150 ng/ml. The majority didn't seem to have ferritin fluctuate much.

Since C chelates the free iron, which is what leads to greater absorption, it may be that one of the best things you can do if you're going to have an iron fortified meal is to take some Vitamin C with it. This could help to stop the iron from promoting pathogenic gut bacteria in the GI tract, and could also help minimize the immune system attack on the gut that is sure to proceed due to the foreign body reaction of having iron filings in your meal. In fact, this may even help keep body iron stores in the desirable low end of the range.

Thanks for article. I've actually wondered that myself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals