Belly Fat

tankasnowgod

I feel as if I’m on an upwards trend in terms of reduced belly fat and increased energy doing the following: watching the starch, including whole fruits in my diet as opposed to just juices, cow meat with sufficient fat on it, and switching to goats milk from cows.

I think all these can be very helpful. I am doing no starch and avoiding liquid milk as well. I am eating more fruit, but still drinking as much orange juice, but adding more salt overall.

Check out the AA breakdown of Cow's Milk to Goats, specifically in Tryptophan ratios to Lysine, Tyrosine, and the BCAAs-

Milk, whole, 3.25% milkfat Nutrition Facts & Calories
Milk, goat, fluid Nutrition Facts & Calories

The Lysine to Tryptophan ratio in cows milk is about 2:1, but Goats Milk is about 7:1. It also has relatively more BCAAs and Tyrosine. Less percentage of Tryptophan to overall protein as well.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

stop eating fat, and just eat vegetables/rice/protein.

Lot's of people here get miserable and have digestive issues from going too low fat. I think dropping all starches in favor of fruit and other sugars is a much better way to go.

Cirion

Lot's of people here get miserable and have digestive issues from going too low fat. I think dropping all starches in favor of fruit and other sugars is a much better way to go.

I think low fat works mostly because people are eating too many pufa's, so just going low pufa should work... that's what I'm trying now... but I'm still fat, so eh... feel free to ignore me lol

Runenight201

I think all these can be very helpful. I am doing no starch and avoiding liquid milk as well. I am eating more fruit, but still drinking as much orange juice, but adding more salt overall.

Check out the AA breakdown of Cow's Milk to Goats, specifically in Tryptophan ratios to Lysine, Tyrosine, and the BCAAs-

Milk, whole, 3.25% milkfat Nutrition Facts & Calories
Milk, goat, fluid Nutrition Facts & Calories

The Lysine to Tryptophan ratio in cows milk is about 2:1, but Goats Milk is about 7:1. It also has relatively more BCAAs and Tyrosine. Less percentage of Tryptophan to overall protein as well.

Goats milk does have more PUFA tho...either way I don’t trip about it, goats milk digests way better for me, and digestion is literally everything. I just cleared out my bowels completely, and the lightness, lack of inflammation and anxiety I feel right now is incredible. Every time I get anxious or inflamed, my stomach is bloated and full. This corresponds with low energy, poor health, and fat storage.

Even some fruits don’t digest well. Bananas just are a paste in the upper stomach and don’t digest well. I had a major break through today with juicing carrots + celery + lemon and then adding oj. Nice clean energy that I haven’t felt in a looong time. The problem is I need the warm satiation that starches bring because sooner or later fruit sugars and milk make me go cold. I’ve actually cut out meat as I don’t think it’s been digesting as well as I thought, and I’ve ramped up egg consumption. I had 9 eggs yesterday and 3 today, and today has been the strongest I think I’ve ever felt in my life. The juicing + eggs is a power combo.

So in order to find a way to successfully use starch, I’m planning on boiling the absolute ***t out of my potatoes in chicken broth until they are just a goop, and then flavoring with spinach, green onions, and cilantro. Most of the time starch just sits in the upper part of my stomach, not digesting well and correspondingly causing inflammation and bloat, but I will see if this faux potato soup works, and if not, I may have to go the distance and make the protein potato soup...

Edit: Potato soup seems to have been successful, and I think may be the best way to consume potatoes for those with poor digestion. While I do feel some slight torpor, I am warm, and most importantly, my stomach is happy and not upset. No doubt the salty broth which the potatoes are well boiled in helps tremendously, and the garnishes of cilantro, green onions, and spinach give the soup a most delectable flavor.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

Goats milk does have more PUFA tho...either way I don’t trip about it, goats milk digests way better for me, and digestion is literally everything.

According to the database, Cow's milk has 0.5 PUFA for 7.9 grams of fat, while Goat's milk has 0.4 grams for 10.1. So, it would have less PUFA, too.

Runenight201

Meyenbergs milk has it listed as 2.5g...

I recall there being a scientific paper on the differences between goats and cows milk, and they were praising goats milk as being the better milk because it had higher PUFA.

Either way...the digestibility is more important in terms of health rather than fatty acid composition. Ideally one could digest cows milk with ease, but for those who can’t, I think the beneficial nutritional components of goats milk outweigh its (potentially) negative PUFA content.

Attachments

• C454B0D3-A6D8-43F9-A605-18EBEACFEADB.jpeg
    C454B0D3-A6D8-43F9-A605-18EBEACFEADB.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 21

Cirion

I think part of the problem with most cows' milk is the fat (unless its raw milk). I'm having seemingly no problems with skim milk as long as I add sufficient sugar (I'm doing something like 4 cup skim milk + 1/2 cup maple syrup) to it. I really am trying to bring down PUFA to essentially zero which isn't possible with any milk with fat in it, whether its cow or goat dairy.

The key is to add sugar. I definitely feel negative effects from the tryptophan in it, if I drink skim milk with no added sugar.

Kartoffel

Endotoxins can also cause inflammation when we eat saturated fats

A New Perspective on the Cause of Weight Gain and Type 2 Diabetes
Is Diabetes an Infection? A New Perspective on the Cause of Weight Gain and Type 2 Diabetes

I don't think so. A.A. Nanjii and others have shown that saturated fat protects from endotoxin, especially the liver. Just because postprandial LPS serum levels after a saturated fat meal are higher, doesn't mean that this is harmful. In fact, eating saturated fat reduces the long-term endotoxin potential by supressing bacterial growthin the gut, and fasting levels of LPS are lower in saturated than in unsaturated fat diets.

Dietary lipids modify the cytokine response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide in mice
Effect of Dietary Lipids on Endotoxemia Influences Postprandial Inflammatory Response. - PubMed - NCBI

RWilly

I don't think so. A.A. Nanjii and others have shown that saturated fat protects from endotoxin, especially the liver. Just because postprandial LPS serum levels after a saturated fat meal are higher, doesn't mean that this is harmful. In fact, eating saturated fat reduces the long-term endotoxin potential by supressing bacterial growthin the gut, and fasting levels of LPS are lower in saturated than in unsaturated fat diets.

I do agree that saturated fat is good, but I think one needs to still deal with an endotoxin load getting into the blood stream. That's why you see so many studies saying that saturated fat is a problem. It sort of depends on whether there is an infection or not, and what the health of the liver is.

Kartoffel

I do agree that saturated fat is good, but I think one needs to still deal with an endotoxin load getting into the blood stream. That's why you see so many studies saying that saturated fat is a problem. It sort of depends on whether there is an infection or not, and what the health of the liver is.

Please show me one study in which a high-unsaturated fat diet protects the liver (main "target" of LPS) while saturated fat harms it.

Dietary saturated fat reduces alcoholic hepatotoxicity in rats by altering fatty acid metabolism and membrane composition. - PubMed - NCBI
Effects of Dietary Fat and Saturated Fat Content on Liver Fat and Markers of Oxidative Stress in Overweight/Obese Men and Women under Weight-Stable Conditions
Opposite effects of dietary saturated and unsaturated fatty acids on ethanol-pharmacokinetics, triglycerides and carnitines. - PubMed - NCBI

RWilly

Please show me one study in which a high-unsaturated fat diet protects the liver (main "target" of LPS) while saturated fat harms it.

I never said that.

tankasnowgod

I think the reason that you see studies saying "saturated fat is a problem" is more due to the fact that the anti-cholesterol and saturated fat agenda was adopted by mainstream health "authorities" that control funding for all sorts of studies starting in the mid 80's. An investigation looking for a crime, if you will.

Yes, you would be wise to deal with the endotoxin load that comes when you start to eat a diet higher in saturated fat, as you will have that die off reaction as you shift your gut away from invading bacteria. But, this is really simple to do. You can drink orange juice with every meal, or supplement with Vitamin C, or both- Vitamin C Is An Endotoxin Antagonist And Can Reduce Cortisol And Inflammation

I personally think this is a much better strategy than just letting that bacteria fester, and letting the problem get worse over time.

RWilly

Yes, you would be wise to deal with the endotoxin load that comes when you start to eat a diet higher in saturated fat, as you will have that die off reaction as you shift your gut away from invading bacteria. But, this is really simple to do. You can drink orange juice with every meal, or supplement with Vitamin C, or both- Vitamin C Is An Endotoxin Antagonist And Can Reduce Cortisol And Inflammation
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...d-can-reduce-cortisol-and-inflammation.26550/
I agree. OJ is great with a saturated fat meal.

However, we do need to be careful about OJ with a high iron meal, as this causes a different set of issues.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I agree. OJ is great with a saturated fat meal.

However, we do need to be careful about OJ with a high iron meal, as this causes a different set of issues.

Well...... not so sure of that. First of all, vitamin c has no effect on the absorption of heme iron one way or another. So, if you're eating a steak, it is a total non-issue.

Second, all the ideas that "Vitamin C increases non-heme iron absoption" are based on single meal tests. In longer term tests, the results aren't conclusive at all.

http://www.bloodjournal.org/content/bloodjournal/64/3/721.full.pdf?sso-checked=true

I've attached the table from that study, where they instructed people to eat 1 gram of vitamin C with two meals a day, for at least 16 weeks. So, two grams total supplemental C a day. As you can see, some subjects had a slight increase in ferritin, one had a fairly high jump of 50 ng/ml in ferritin, and several had their ferritin levels drop by 80-150 ng/ml. The majority didn't seem to have ferritin fluctuate much.

Since C chelates the free iron, which is what leads to greater absorption, it may be that one of the best things you can do if you're going to have an iron fortified meal is to take some Vitamin C with it. This could help to stop the iron from promoting pathogenic gut bacteria in the GI tract, and could also help minimize the immune system attack on the gut that is sure to proceed due to the foreign body reaction of having iron filings in your meal. In fact, this may even help keep body iron stores in the desirable low end of the range.

Attachments

• Ferritin Table.png
    Ferritin Table.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 10

Forsythia

And didn't Peat say that a fat free diet increases life span and reduces cancer? That may have been in mice. Don't member.

Peat says PUFA causes cancer and more. Here is a quote:

"And the polyunsaturated fats that are creating the epidemic of diabetes and obesity and later all of the degenerative diseases, cancer and Alzheimer's and so on."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals