Belly Fat

Jing

How do you lose belly fat without exercise or calorie deficit? I can't exercise and I can't go on a calorie deficit because they both make me feel bad, what do I do?

Frankdee20

Is not belly fat purported to result from Cortisol to Testosterone ratio ?

rei

fasting will selectively burn away visceral fat. This improves health and makes the belly bloating go away.

tankasnowgod

I posted this just recently-

Gut Inflammation As The Driver Of Visceral Fat And Fatty Liver

I will mention I have basically had belly fat since I was 8. It seemed to get triggered right around the time I had some unnecessary surgery on my ankles. Also at the time that iron fortification in grains spiked in the US. I used to eat Cream of Wheat with Coffee Rich for breakfast every morning. That's a big dose of grains, raw iron, and PUFA right there.

I have reduced it (along with total weight) from things like calorie tracking and weight lifting, but never got rid of it.

I got a new focus now. That is- fix the gut barrier, clean the liver, raise metabolism, reduce serotonin/endotoxin/estrogen, lower inflammation, and get rid of any excess water in cells in the belly. Easier said than done, but I've listed the strategies I'm using in other threads. Can't recommend any of them yet. But I've also switched to a completely starch free diet, for at least 30 days, to see the effects.

TeaRex14

Belly fat is largely contributed to hormonal imbalances. Tweaking the diet by lowering dietary fats, with an emphasis on PUFA reduction, and replacing it with more carbs is a great first step. Just the shift from fatty acid metabolism to glucose metabolism will likely have a profound positve effect on your hormonal profile. Taking vitamin E, aspirin, and pregnenolone will help shift you away from estrogen and cortisol to progesterone and testosterone. Serotonin is likely also a factor, at least in most people. Work on reducing fiber intake, eating more gelatin/collagen, 1-2 carrot salads everyday, activated charcoal a few times each week, and supplemental cypro when needed. Obviously, a caloric deficit will only speed this up, but probably not necessary. The real trick to it from my experience is the dietary fats, if you can eliminate everything except small amounts of coconut oil and butter/ghee then you should be fine.

schultz

Walk everyday and lift weights, on top of the other suggestions people have given.

OP
J

Jing

Thanks for the information everyone will try these suggestions.

OP
J

Jing

Belly fat is largely contributed to hormonal imbalances. Tweaking the diet by lowering dietary fats, with an emphasis on PUFA reduction, and replacing it with more carbs is a great first step. Just the shift from fatty acid metabolism to glucose metabolism will likely have a profound positve effect on your hormonal profile. Taking vitamin E, aspirin, and pregnenolone will help shift you away from estrogen and cortisol to progesterone and testosterone. Serotonin is likely also a factor, at least in most people. Work on reducing fiber intake, eating more gelatin/collagen, 1-2 carrot salads everyday, activated charcoal a few times each week, and supplemental cypro when needed. Obviously, a caloric deficit will only speed this up, but probably not necessary. The real trick to it from my experience is the dietary fats, if you can eliminate everything except small amounts of coconut oil and butter/ghee then you should be fine.
Most of my fats come from milk,butter and eggs, what carbs should I add?

Cirion

I now agree that if one has increased body fat, it's probably wise to drop fats to a manageable level. I have proven to myself that carbs are the superior macronutrient to increase metabolism, with low PUFA. I don't recommend going lower than around 20% calories from fat unless you can tolerate it though. That's about the lowest I can go. But I was doing 30-40%, and 20% seems to be doing my metabolism better than any higher. PUFA is probably the biggest key, but it's really not possible to get PUFA to ultra low levels without also bringing all fat down (Unless you really enjoy lots of MCT oil and hydrogenated coconut oil) but even then, all fats will interfere with improving glucose sensitivity, especially in those already compromised. I do believe healthy individuals at healthy weight and hormonal levels have the flexibility to handle both fats and sugar, if the fats are SFA, but not so much in people with metabolic problems / excess body fat.

I also have body fat to lose but will not go into a deficit because I have the same experience as you. Calorie deficits are not helpful to me currently.

Mauritio

I posted this just recently-

Gut Inflammation As The Driver Of Visceral Fat And Fatty Liver

I will mention I have basically had belly fat since I was 8. It seemed to get triggered right around the time I had some unnecessary surgery on my ankles. Also at the time that iron fortification in grains spiked in the US. I used to eat Cream of Wheat with Coffee Rich for breakfast every morning. That's a big dose of grains, raw iron, and PUFA right there.

I have reduced it (along with total weight) from things like calorie tracking and weight lifting, but never got rid of it.

I got a new focus now. That is- fix the gut barrier, clean the liver, raise metabolism, reduce serotonin/endotoxin/estrogen, lower inflammation, and get rid of any excess water in cells in the belly. Easier said than done, but I've listed the strategies I'm using in other threads. Can't recommend any of them yet. But I've also switched to a completely starch free diet, for at least 30 days, to see the effects.
Have you tried Lisuride, I find that helps exactly that. Probably through prolactin reduction .

Beastmode

Is not belly fat purported to result from Cortisol to Testosterone ratio ?

Ray told me Cortisol to DHEA is more useful. Doesn't seem like he makes much as much of a fuss about testosterone whenever I've brought it up to him in dialogue. I take that as a clue :)

TeaRex14

Most of my fats come from milk,butter and eggs, what carbs should I add?
Those are good fats. As far as carbs I would probably recommend mostly ripe and/or cooked fruits. Fruit juices are fine as well, only concern is some people have problems with the excess water content of juice. Salt, thyroid, pregnenolone, and progesterone can all help compensate for a high liquid diet by retaining your sodium. Personally I prefer ripe tropical fruits, like mangoes, papayas, dragonfruit, kiwi, some OJ. Grapes, cherries, and most melons are good when ripe as well. I also eat cooked apples and pears, put some honey and cinnamon in them with a little collagen and you have a tasty high carb, high protein, low fat dish. I don't really mess around with bananas and pineapple because they can raise your serotonin, but I'm probably just over compensating. Clearing up endotoxin and including more gelatin would be more important then avoiding pineapple. Low fiber starches, like white rice, is probably okay as well if they're cooked thoroughly.

Runenight201

I feel as if I’m on an upwards trend in terms of reduced belly fat and increased energy doing the following: watching the starch, including whole fruits in my diet as opposed to just juices, cow meat with sufficient fat on it, and switching to goats milk from cows.

It took me a while but in my more aware state I began to consisntently feel the bloat, naseau, and indigestion that cows milk was causing, which for sure was causing inflammation, water and fat retention, higher estrogen, higher serotonin. It seems that goats milk causes none of these problems for me, so I will be sticking to it from here on out. I like to add maple syrup to my milk and I get a sweet drink that is absolutely delectable. Now to find a source of the milk that is affordable, as I see myself going through about a half gallon a day, whereas with nasty grocery store cow milk, I could only manage 1-2 cups.

Starch has its place and time, but I’ve had to really pay attention to my stomach, digestion, and energy states to determine when I need it, and it plays a much smaller role than I’ve always thought. Rice has become the only starch that I’ve found doesn’t cause gut problems, which is another driver behind gut fat and inflammation. I prepare it with garlic, mushrooms, and onions to give it some more nutrition and taste, and salt and teriyaki sauce make it digest super well.

The whole fruit as opposed to just juices was a useful discovery as well. The fiber I think plays a beneficial role in terms of digestion, satiation, and energy. There is a threshold though, and if I can feel as if my stomach just won’t be able to handle the fiber, and I either don’t consume any food or drink juice.

Lastly, beef with attached fat was a useful discovery. I can feel the inflammation and uselessness of lean meat when I eat it now, and I wonder how my past self was never able to pick up on that. Adding butter or tallow to my dishes never tasted right, and so now I’ve pretty much stuck with chopped up cow meat that they have at my butcher. Perhaps as time moves on I will further experiment with this, but for now the chopped up meat works.

The key thing in my opinion is to eat foods that don’t produce bloat, inflammation, low energy, or anxious energy (lots of pure sucrose devoid of any other nutrition),

fradon

How do you lose belly fat without exercise or calorie deficit? I can't exercise and I can't go on a calorie deficit because they both make me feel bad, what do I do?

stop eating fat, and just eat vegetables/rice/protein.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals