Do I Just Suck It Up?

teds

Forum Supporter
i've been 'peating ' for a little over a year now. every time I drop cals to try to shift some lard i'm hungry hungry hungry.. the idea is to increase metabolism and then obviously be eating at a calorie deficit- how does one (female input would be greatly appreciated) loose the fat without going through a binge cycle b/c of the hunger..

Summary of me:
low fat milk
eggs
fruit- apples, mandarins, bananas, oranges
sweet potato/zucchini/pumkpin
LF sweetened condensed milk
oats (occasionally)
liver 150g x1 per wek
6-12 oysters per week
prawns 5-10 per week
barramundi
wallaby
oxtail

daily carrot "salad" which is often just me munching on a carrot...
500-1000g niacinamide

played w T4/T3 and just T3.. does increase temps but using it nervously so I don't use it consistently
alternating progesterone and pregnenolone/DHA (hilarous that auto-correct want to change that to 'provolone')..

thoughts on HUNGER! yay! thanks!

x-ray peat

One thing Ive learned from intermittent fasting is that the hunger cravings soon pass and though you may feel like it, you wont die if you dont eat. Its really a mental thing. Drinking water, coffee hot tea or something like that can also help calm the hunger pains. Can also look into low calorie foods to fill you up. Carrots are good for that.

But to answer your question, yes you just gotta suck it up

fyi I used to just munch on a carrot too but then I realized that the coconut oil was important to get the bile flowing. This is something you want to get swept out with the carrot fiber and not reabsorbed.

Aaron

When dieting I make a daily protein shake with 70g unflavored whey, 10g hydrolyzed collagen, 5g organic turmeric, 5g creatine, 1g beta alanine, a few twists of black pepper, and 100mg magnesium citrate, then drink it with all my supplement pills. It is so disgusting it makes me never want to eat again. I also make some disgusting kale and fruit shakes with nonfat Greek yogurt and I often add my raw carrot and coco oil to that. The clean feeling of energy it gives me reinforces the habit.

Aaron

Also imo lifting is the easiest way to control weight. Cardio not needed. As little as 30 minutes of lifting a day is all you really need to earn the body of your dreams. I've heard women in the fitness industry say the same thing.

theLaw

i've been 'peating ' for a little over a year now. every time I drop cals to try to shift some lard i'm hungry hungry hungry..

If you're hungry, it's already too late - your body is in a stressed state. I used to be hungry all the time until I added Thyroid, and stabilized my blood sugar (oj + taurine).

First, work on feeling satiated, then increasing metabolism to lose weight (sat fat, Thyroid, blood sugar control, etc to feel normal)

Your food list looks very low-cal = stress city!!! Also, high-dose niacinamide + low calorie = disaster.

@Aaron posted good advice, but I would say 10min 3 times per week until you're in better health.

Also, you might consider SA to increase your metabolism and lose fat:

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...eral-fat-by-70-and-increases-lean-mass.22047/

Finally, salt = 1T/day = game-changer!!!

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
If you're hungry, it's already too late - your body is in a stressed state. I used to be hungry all the time until I added Thyroid, and stabilized my blood sugar (oj + taurine).

First, work on feeling satiated, then increasing metabolism to lose weight (sat fat, Thyroid, blood sugar control, etc to feel normal)

Your food list looks very low-cal = stress city!!! Also, high-dose niacinamide + low calorie = disaster.

@Aaron posted good advice, but I would say 10min 3 times per week until you're in better health.

Also, you might consider SA to increase your metabolism and lose fat:

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...eral-fat-by-70-and-increases-lean-mass.22047/

Finally, salt = 1T/day = game-changer!!!

I’m getting around 2100-2200cal.. 225/30carb, 155/60protein, 65/70fat..

I add coconut oil and ghee when needed in cooking. I also sometime have cream in my coffee in the morning. I add salt in every meal.

It’s been a bit of a quandary bc if I eat enough to keep my temps up and sleep okay etc then the fat remains and if I cut cal i get the stress reaction and hunger.. it sort of feels like I’m just going in circles..

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter

I add coconut oil and ghee when needed in cooking. I also sometime have cream in my coffee in the morning. I add salt in every meal.

It’s been a bit of a quandary bc if I eat enough to keep my temps up and sleep okay etc then the fat remains and if I cut cal i get the stress reaction and hunger.. it sort of feels like I’m just going in circles..

I also know that lost people will now say that this is too much fat 65/70gram per day but I really struggle to get the right amount of protein from real food without getting this much fat.. If i don’t have cream and I don’t cook with any fat then I can get down to about 50g but everything tastes like ***t.. perhaps that’s just the lengths i need to go to.. ?

Aaron

Exercise is a powerful generative stimulus and very important in this equation. Your protein intake and cutting calories are the same as mine and I am a 6'5" 230 gymbro; I lift heavy for 30-90 minutes every day. What does your physical activity look like? Just curious; I know I am not the best source of advice for you.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Exercise is a powerful generative stimulus and very important in this equation. Your protein intake and cutting calories are the same as mine and I am a 6'5" 230 gymbro; I lift heavy for 30-90 minutes every day. What does your physical activity look like? Just curious; I know I am not the best source of advice for you.
I WAS lifting heavy for about 45min 2-3x per week until about 6 weeks ago.. winter really set in and motivation hasn’t been high.. so mostly just low level activity- walking and rock climbing etc. TBH I was certainly bigger as the muscle adds bulk but the fat amount never really altered.. I’ve noticed I’m “soggier” over the past month but that’s about it.. I love weights but I’ll probably wait til the weather gets a little warmer and sunnier before starting them again.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
So I’m curious as to why you don’t get hungry? Your metabolism is surely much better than mine?

walker_in_aus

Hey Teds,

I once went to a doctor and asked the same question - how the hell do you lose weight when as soon as you drop a few calories you get ravenous and faint with hunger - they laughed me out of the room. But seriously! It's impossible when you are weak with hunger and can't sleep,

Seeing as you're a lady and I'm a lady, our systems are more complicated and annoying regarding weight loss, more estrogen and more liver issues etc. I had the same problem with the constant hunger/stress response. What helped with me was taurine and lots of honey and walking. If you get you're liver working well, you will be able to go longer without eating and it will be easier to drop a SMALL amount off your food daily. Here are tips that helped me:

Protein shakes with sugar - with casein protein and no additives in a fruit or chocolate smoothie. Losing weight is hard and not a natural state so it can be helpful to use supps for assistance.
Taurine - for me, it killed me anxiety, and meant I could go a long time between meals as it massively increases your livers glycogen storage capability, making it easier not to oversnack and add on the few extra hundred cals you get when you get hangry and over eat.
Walking - sure weight training is good but better if you are already metabolically healthy. Walking is therapy, exercise and environment changing - you get fresh air, natural light, and exercise.
Dropping fat, but only if you add sugar and B VITAMINS.
Getting sun on your face in the morning, and stretching. Sun reduces stress from nighttime blue light exposure, and stretching causes your muscles to release ATP
Red Light Therapy - I know I lost a few cms when i went to a red light bed for 5 sessions. Not going to bang on about all the good things, they are everywhere on this forum.
Making sure you are digesting and pooping well - honestly, try movicol for a few weeks to really get it going. I know, laxatives, really? But I had been constipated for six months and used them for a few weeks and felt amazing - it's a positive cycle, poop faster with movicol, less endotoxin, better metabolism, poop faster naturally.

I did this stuff for a few months before my wedding and I lost about 5cm from chest and waist, and about 8cm off my hips. I didn't lost many kilos because my body put on lean mass, without any weight training.

I then went to Europe, ate and drank alot, and gained some back. But back on this for a while and the cms are slowly dropping again. :)

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
One thing Ive learned from intermittent fasting is that the hunger cravings soon pass and though you may feel like it, you wont die if you dont eat. Its really a mental thing. Drinking water, coffee hot tea or something like that can also help calm the hunger pains. Can also look into low calorie foods to fill you up. Carrots are good for that.

But to answer your question, yes you just gotta suck it up

fyi I used to just munch on a carrot too but then I realized that the coconut oil was important to get the bile flowing. This is something you want to get swept out with the carrot fiber and not reabsorbed.
will ad in the coconut oil in future.. i didn't know that's why it was in there! thanks!

Aaron

I WAS lifting heavy for about 45min 2-3x per week until about 6 weeks ago.. winter really set in and motivation hasn’t been high.. so mostly just low level activity- walking and rock climbing etc. TBH I was certainly bigger as the muscle adds bulk but the fat amount never really altered.. I’ve noticed I’m “soggier” over the past month but that’s about it.. I love weights but I’ll probably wait til the weather gets a little warmer and sunnier before starting them again.

That's great actually, although I think you'll have even more noticeable strength progress with 4x or 5x/week. I get lazy, but like you, I find weights quite enjoyable and they have bar none the biggest return:investment ratio. Also you totally threw me for a loop with the opposite seasons lol. It's 100 degrees up here right now. Winter is instinctual bulking season for sure.

So I’m curious as to why you don’t get hungry? Your metabolism is surely much better than mine?

The foods I crave are not very healthy (grilled cheese sandwiches on white bread, cheeseburgers, donuts, candy) and I never had the option of eating them as a kid. My theory is that I'm so conditioned to refuse myself the foods I actually want to eat that my natural appetite is suppressed and I'm accustomed to eating for functional energy instead. I don't get hungry for Peat foods. In fact the only time I really gain fat is when I'm smoking weed and inhibitions go out the window - hello grilled cheese and gummy worms. That happens a little more often than I'd like lol.

Weightlifting incentivizes me to eat healthier too (though your diet is cleaner than mine) because better nutrition tangibly helps me perform better. And it definitely helps maintain my metabolism during a cut. But my metabolism isn't really that high in the first place. Maintenance is around 2700 calories.

And I agree with @walker_in_aus that taurine really helps with your ability to fast and exercise for longer durations. I stopped taking it and that's really the only difference I feel. And appetite and gender differences are why I mentioned that I am probably not the best source for advice, but I try lol.

Last edited:
OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Hey Teds,

I once went to a doctor and asked the same question - how the hell do you lose weight when as soon as you drop a few calories you get ravenous and faint with hunger - they laughed me out of the room. But seriously! It's impossible when you are weak with hunger and can't sleep,

Seeing as you're a lady and I'm a lady, our systems are more complicated and annoying regarding weight loss, more estrogen and more liver issues etc. I had the same problem with the constant hunger/stress response. What helped with me was taurine and lots of honey and walking. If you get you're liver working well, you will be able to go longer without eating and it will be easier to drop a SMALL amount off your food daily. Here are tips that helped me:

Protein shakes with sugar - with casein protein and no additives in a fruit or chocolate smoothie. Losing weight is hard and not a natural state so it can be helpful to use supps for assistance.
Taurine - for me, it killed me anxiety, and meant I could go a long time between meals as it massively increases your livers glycogen storage capability, making it easier not to oversnack and add on the few extra hundred cals you get when you get hangry and over eat.
Walking - sure weight training is good but better if you are already metabolically healthy. Walking is therapy, exercise and environment changing - you get fresh air, natural light, and exercise.
Dropping fat, but only if you add sugar and B VITAMINS.
Getting sun on your face in the morning, and stretching. Sun reduces stress from nighttime blue light exposure, and stretching causes your muscles to release ATP
Red Light Therapy - I know I lost a few cms when i went to a red light bed for 5 sessions. Not going to bang on about all the good things, they are everywhere on this forum.
Making sure you are digesting and pooping well - honestly, try movicol for a few weeks to really get it going. I know, laxatives, really? But I had been constipated for six months and used them for a few weeks and felt amazing - it's a positive cycle, poop faster with movicol, less endotoxin, better metabolism, poop faster naturally.

I did this stuff for a few months before my wedding and I lost about 5cm from chest and waist, and about 8cm off my hips. I didn't lost many kilos because my body put on lean mass, without any weight training.

I then went to Europe, ate and drank alot, and gained some back. But back on this for a while and the cms are slowly dropping again. :)
Hey walker_in_aus,

Thanks for responding. I've spent some times using the same light bed as you- really enjoyed it but I have to admit I didn't lose any cm.
Will definitely add in taurine and see how that feels.
I saw the study that @haidut posted on stretching.. I'll give that a go for sure as I enjoy stretching- I can only assume yoga counts?
I poop pretty consistently- 1-2x per day without any issues- no strong smell and fully formed etc. Not always the case around my period for a few days so i guess that's my liver getting backed up...

I was using the Energin for a while but didn't notice any major bumps in energy or anything- perhaps I'll go back to that and try it with the fat lower to see if it feels any differnt.

Thanks for weighing in! :)

theLaw

Few ideas:

1. If you're sedentary, then those calories might be enough. However, if you were lifting heavy 45min/day 3x per week just six weeks ago, it sounds like possible over-training leading to stress. Turning that fat into muscle that needs more food; especially if you're hypo. Burning fat from higher metabolic rate can sometimes require some shocking numbers if you're hypo.

2. Liver health: how well do you handle coffee?

3. Labs - easiest way to spot a major deficiency

4. Salt - when I started measuring my salt intake while salting each and every meal, I ended up with 1tsp/day, while we lose around 1Tbsp/day.

5. Your metric for losing weight - is this for physical appearance, lower body fat percentage, to feel better overall....?

Also, carbs look low for that amount protein. Looks like you might still be stuck on that cal-in cal-out model.:eek:

Cheers!:D

Luann

Can I direct you to another one of haidut's threads on fat storage here? Cutting calories will increase fatty acid oxidation.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Hi @Liubo- thanks for that- The link directs me to one on a study about dietary fat being the primary factor in obesity. I also understand that fatty oxidation is stressful but it's actually the only method that I'm aware of that the body "looses" fat.. so ideally done at nighttime I think..

Is this the correct link that you meant to direct me to?

fradon

you will probably never lose weight with those macros....you are kind of paleo/keto but your carbs are still high either do peat or do keto but not both

your body has to power plants one that burns sugar the other burns fat...it is not easy for the body to switch back and fourth so either become fully fat adaptive or fully carb adabptive

you have to choose either to live on fat or live on carb if you play with both you will have massive insulin spikes that will keep you fat on and prevent fat burning.

ALWAYS REMEMBER INSULIN EQUALS FUEL STORAGE INCLUDING FAT

if you drop your carbs to like 10-15 grams then you will loose a lot of water weight from being in ketosis if your hormones are healthy then you will become fat adapted and burn fat

but what is your starting weight and your goal weight and what is your height?

Runenight201

I’ve got the same predicament you do, and while I think first and foremost you should focus on your sleep and energy, as long as you aren’t obese or grossly overweight, forget about the extra weight. Def not worth crashing your sleep and energy and stressing your body cutting calories. Always eat to satiation in my opinion.

That being said, some things that you don’t have on there that I think you can play around with. Ray had said that calcium and salt are powerful metabolic stimulators. Sounds like you got the salt covered, but you could also try adding some low fat mozerlla cheese into your diet for more calcium. You could also salt this cheese for a powerful 1,2 metabolic boost. I find oj + salted mozerella tomatoes make me feel very good.

Secondly, you should definitely add gelatin to your diet. Ray stated in a podcast that if one wanted to loose weight, to cut out all muscle meats and consume gelatin instead. I find a serving of meat a day makes me feel good, so I don’t entirely ditch the meat, but I consume 2 packets of Knox gelatin breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and before bed. If you got 40-50g of gelatin in your diet a day, I bet that over the course of a couple months you could drop some pounds without having to change anything else.

Lastly, work on exercise that is enjoyable and stimulating. You should feel good after exercising, never exhausted or broken down. I believe the higher the complexity of movement, the better the exercise is for your health, so calisthenics, yoga, tai-chi, anything that is varied, complex, and not overtly stressful id recommend.

D

danishispsychic

Try eating in a short window. Trying lowering your protein. Try sleeping more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom