Aromatase Inhibitor for weight/fat loss?

Julian

So when I started introducing more carbs and eating intuitively I have added a lot of fat to my body. Most of that fat has been stored around my belly. Usually, you hear that estrogen can play a role in the accumulation of belly fat.

Recently I ordered some Exemestane and I was planning to use 2.5 mg daily to reduce estrogen/aromatase. However, when I google Exemestane and weight loss, I only get stories and info of how Exemestane can cause weight GAIN.

Does anyone have some insights about this?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Estrogen is thought to be necessary for fat loss, so studies/opions will be biased that way.
Giving DHT, which nearly tanks estrogen, reduces fat mass in men.
You're only planning on using 2.5mg of exemestane, which will is not nearly be enough to crush your estrogen.
10 weeks of Arimidex didn't change body comp (R)
Letrozole caused 7kg fat loss in 6 months (R)

Marquis777

I'm using 4 aspirins in the morning and 1 aspirin every 2 hours. Coffee 200 mg 4 times a day. Uncoupling to try to lose weight.

tankasnowgod

Here's another study where a group of obese hypogonadal men lost more weight and fat mass with while on letrozole than a control group-

edoos

I lost tons of weight on finasteride and was in a very good shape, before experiencing sides, so that could be real

I lost tons of weight on finasteride and was in a very good shape, before experiencing sides, so that could be real

What does Finasteride have to do with the study claims in this post? I'm not sure how your experience fits in.
Finasteride, being a 5-AR inhibitor, raises estrogen. If anything it would promote fat gain and make it more difficult to lose weight, and that certainly agrees with what you read from people who get on it.

Personally I find that estrogen is responsible for most of my obsessive food cravings. I stopped binge eating since getting on Tamoxifen and luteolin a few days ago. Exemestane and Arimidex didn't help me that much.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals