BCAAs not depleting anything...

success23

Hello.
I have tried BCAA to deplete serotonin with no luck.
I even consumed up to 70 grams without any effect..

I am thinking is it is because i took them with high-carb meals and the insulin shuttled it into the muscle too fast and that dthey didn;t have enough time to compete with tryptophan for the blood brain barrier transport..

What do you think?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello.

I am thinking is it is because i took them with high-carb meals and the insulin shuttled it into the muscle too fast and that dthey didn;t have enough time to compete with tryptophan for the blood brain barrier transport..

What do you think?
It's best to pair it with tyrosine or phenylalanine. BCAA compete with tryptophan, tyrosine and phenylalanine.

Hans

Forum Supporter
And then pair that with sunlight and activity. Great for dopamine.

Grapelander

Large Neutral Amino Acids
  • Increased branched amino acids like isoleucine, valine and leucine concentration in the brain show improvement in verbal ability, cognitive functions and protein synthesis in the brain (Moats, 2003)
1661909846758.png

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello.

What do you think?

Did you read fully the threads on using BCAA for serotonin delpetion? As @Hans and @Grapelander suggested, if you only take BCAA you will deplete BOTH serotonin precursor tryptophan and the dopamine precursors tyrosine/phenylalanine. So, you'll probably get an end effect similar to the ancient tranquilizer reserpine, which depletes both serotonin and dopamine.

Grapelander

related post:

Nebula

Did you read fully the threads on using BCAA for serotonin delpetion? As @Hans and @Grapelander suggested, if you only take BCAA you will deplete BOTH serotonin precursor tryptophan and the dopamine precursors tyrosine/phenylalanine. So, you'll probably get an end effect similar to the ancient tranquilizer reserpine, which depletes both serotonin and dopamine.
What’s the best timing of taking BCAAs if using protein from a meal for the tyrosine/phenylalanine? Before, during, after?

OP
S

success23

Yes But i am not FEELING ANYTHING even from 70 grams of BCAA.. that means my serotonin and dopamine remain the same. atleast that is what i think

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals