Bad appetite

Jing

I've posted before about my poor appetite but I still can't fix it, my appetite is just so bad can't seem to figure it out. Could thaimine injections maybe help?

P

Peatness

Try Zinc

Sheik

I bet this is as relevant for you as it is for me. You go into a "shutdown" state and your digestion slows. If you get back into ventral vagal you will find you have better digestion, and you will feel more hungry. Feeling safe is key.

Cyproheptadine or mirtazapine can help in the short term (particularly if you're underweight or sickly), though I think learning to regulate is really the goal.

Attachments

• polyvagal-chart.jpg
    polyvagal-chart.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
OP
J

Jing

Try Zinc

Never has helped my appetite

OP
J

Jing

I bet this is as relevant for you as it is for me. You go into a "shutdown" state and your digestion slows. If you get back into ventral vagal you will find you have better digestion, and you will feel more hungry. Feeling safe is key.

Cyproheptadine or mirtazapine can help in the short term (particularly if you're underweight or sickly), though I think learning to regulate is really the goal.
I've used up to 20mg cyproheptadine daily with no effect to my appetite and I'm using 7.5mg mirtazapine daily with no effect on appetite.

OP
J

Jing

Maybe you don’t need the extra calories.
Course I do , I always get shakey from low blood sugar which food only helps and I get bad headaches and worse sleep if I don't eat enough.

P

Peatness

Course I do , I always get shakey from low blood sugar which food only helps and I get bad headaches and worse sleep if I don't eat enough.
Perhaps get blood work done.

OP
J

Jing

If you tell your doctor your symptoms they will know what test to do There is a long list of things that impact appetite

I've been telling my doctor for over ten years about my low appetite they never recommend anything or help..

A simple but seldom implemented solution, due to humanities over attachment to consumption.. simply fast for 3 days, or even longer, until a genuine and healthy hunger returns. I promise you it will. Instead, human beings tend to look for solutions which perpetuate their pleasures, which means a continuance of eating, p

golder

A simple but seldom implemented solution, due to humanities over attachment to consumption.. simply fast for 3 days, or even longer, until a genuine and healthy hunger returns. I promise you it will. Instead, human beings tend to look for solutions which perpetuate their pleasures, which means a continuance of eating, p
My problem isn't overabundance. I don't have the desire to eat until very late afternoon/early evening. This indicates some kind of systemic problem, probably hepatic or gastrointestinal. This is not an instance of greed.

Rasaari

Bacterial overgrowth can blunt appetite. Serotonin and stress blunt appetite too. Charcoal, antibacterials, cyproheptadine, aspirin are worth a try

Last edited:
OP
J

Jing

Bacterial overgrowth can blunt appetite. Serotonin and stress blunt appetite too. Charcoal, antibacterials, cyproheptadine, aspirin are worth a try
Tried All those no help )=

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals