That Cyproheptadine Hunger Craving?

BrianF

The tendency to increase weight when using cyproheptadine is well documented on this forum.

But what I've realised is that when I'm using Cypro, is that this desire to eat isn't really a genuine hunger, its more of a craving that often leads me to the fridge when I'm not really hungry but just can't quite put my finger on what it is I'm craving. I'm not actually hungry, but my body is telling me that it wants something.

So I ask my fellow experimenters - is that what happens to you also with cypro, or do you have a genuine increase in appetite, think about it???

Also, if like me you have a so-far-unidentified craving rather than an actual increase in overall appetite, then what could be the vitamin or mineral that we are actually craving?

equipoise

The tendency to increase weight when using cyproheptadine is well documented on this forum.

But what I've realised is that when I'm using Cypro, is that this desire to eat isn't really a genuine hunger, its more of a craving that often leads me to the fridge when I'm not really hungry but just can't quite put my finger on what it is I'm craving. I'm not actually hungry, but my body is telling me that it wants something.

So I ask my fellow experimenters - is that what happens to you also with cypro, or do you have a genuine increase in appetite, think about it???

Also, if like me you have a so-far-unidentified craving rather than an actual increase in overall appetite, then what could be the vitamin or mineral that we are actually craving?

Aye happened to me on the benzos. I think it's due to the cortisol lowering effect. A big part of you goes aswell with the cypro.
Your body may be persistently malnourished and is craving nutrients but you fail to deliver because of the higher cortisol/less appetite circuit.

OP
B

BrianF

Aye happened to me on the benzos. I think it's due to the cortisol lowering effect. A big part of you goes aswell with the cypro.
Your body may be persistently malnourished and is craving nutrients but you fail to deliver because of the higher cortisol/less appetite circuit.

So it may not be specific to the cypro but individual to my body (and presumably different at different times and different for different people), right?

Jessie

What's your dosage? When doing 2mgs split into four doses a day, I never get these appetite cravings. However, a few days ago I did try a 6mg dose all at once, and a couple hours later I did notice a substantial increase in appetite. For me this symptom seems to be dose dependent. If your using cypro to lower serotonin then smaller more frequent doses are better anyways.

OP
B

BrianF

I'm using 4mg tablets that I quarter. Can only take them before sleep as it leaves a hangover type drowsiness that lasts well into the next day.

That's my another issue with cypro, the drowsiness the next day, its almost like a depression. Which could be a serotonin bounceback or a sign of poor liver function​

milkboi

What's your dosage? When doing 2mgs split into four doses a day, I never get these appetite cravings. However, a few days ago I did try a 6mg dose all at once, and a couple hours later I did notice a substantial increase in appetite. For me this symptom seems to be dose dependent. If your using cypro to lower serotonin then smaller more frequent doses are better anyways.

I have this effect even with 250 mcg Cypro

Dutch Thomson

Amazing and anhedonic are opposites. Would you care to elaborate how amazing and an inability to feel pleasure co-exist?

tankasnowgod

I'm using 4mg tablets that I quarter. Can only take them before sleep as it leaves a hangover type drowsiness that lasts well into the next day.

That's my another issue with cypro, the drowsiness the next day, its almost like a depression. Which could be a serotonin bounceback or a sign of poor liver function​

If you are using cypro regularly, did you ever try a "loading dose?"

Looks like you only take 1mg a day. What I mean by loading dose is using 4mg (or more) for a few days to push through that "zombie" like state that happens in the morning. I had the same issue when I would take 1mg. I used it infrequently, and then every day for two weeks. Always had the "zombieness."

I decided to "push through" with the 4mg dose, and got through that state after about 3 days. I am actually using a higher dose right now (8mg, 4 with lunch, 4 before bed), and don't get that "zombie" drowsiness at all. Other members of the forum have had similar experiences, and apparently, even Peat has recommended this approach.

After you "Push Through," you should be able to cut the dose down to 1mg or so, keep it about the same, or even raise it. YMMV, of course.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals