Low Toxin Logs Attempting low vit A / low toxin lifestyle

Morten

It can be necessary to take some Betaine (TMG) with the niacin for some people to prevent hypomethylation.

The hair shedding sounds like a histamine reaction. The histamine release lessens within a couple days.

Also just a general note - one should never take a hot shower during the time of taking niacin. This makes the histamine reaction almost unbearable.
Hot shower and niacin.
Why?, because of to much heat?

mosaic01

Why?, because of to much heat?

Don't know why but it happens. Probably heat + pores opening, thus potentiating the vasodilation and flush reaction. Some people combine niacin and sauna, and feel fine with it. I haven't tried that. When starting niacin, its probably good to not start with very hot showers, because during the first weeks, the flush reaction is very intense.

Morten

Don't know why but it happens. Probably heat + pores opening, thus potentiating the vasodilation and flush reaction. Some people combine niacin and sauna, and feel fine with it. I haven't tried that. When starting niacin, its probably good to not start with very hot showers, because during the first weeks, the flush reaction is very intense.
👍👍

mattmm24

It's interesting. I have never tried supplementing niacin. But the program I am on does not reccomend it because it builds up in the liver. Are you guys doing blood work or hair testing to verify that you are dumping metals or detoxing from it?

mosaic01

It's interesting. I have never tried supplementing niacin. But the program I am on does not reccomend it because it builds up in the liver.

It doesn't build up on the liver. It's water-soluble and is gone completely after a day. The half-life of niacin in the body is very short, it's removed from the blood after only 3 hours.

"The mean plasma terminal half-life for niacin (0.9 h) was shorter as compared to niacinamide (4.3 h)."

mattmm24

It doesn't build up on the liver. It's water-soluble and is gone completely after a day. The half-life of niacin in the body is very short, it's removed from the blood after only 3 hours.

"The mean plasma terminal half-life for niacin (0.9 h) was shorter as compared to niacinamide (4.3 h)."

Maybe he is wrong then.

mattmm24

How much does Smith reccomend taking daily? Probably not much. He is pretty conservative on his reccomendations.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals