Recovering "used up" cartilage ?

FitnessMike

All the supplements and methods on this page are for rebuilding fibrous cartilage.
Thanks, so how about if we can rebuild fibrous cartilage with all the supplements, and maintaining these cartilages with continuous supplementation, would that be good enough?

I really hope that loading 60g of gelatine will help with regenerating, on top of this i i got glucosamine sulfate as you recommended, hyaluronic acid, and silica from bamboo.

On top of the above, I do my red light on both knees 20min twice a day.

koky

i'm getting prp in 2 weeks - i have bone on bone
Ray suggested that I apply generous amount progesterone with a little olive oil to knee and low dose aspirin

FitnessMike

i'm getting prp in 2 weeks - i have bone on bone
Ray suggested that I apply generous amount progesterone with a little olive oil to knee and low dose aspirin
and the progesterone should aid with regenerating of the cartilage or its just for the pain?

FitnessMike

Mike,start ez with gelatin/collagen like 10 20 grammes and increase bit by bit,dont go straight 60 grammes you can get pretty bad results
I was taking 20g of collagen protein thus far, im slightly worry that it might lower cortisol too much as i am suspecting it's already suboptimal, so ill take most of it later in the evening.

Two days into glucosamine sulfate and already joints feel better, but I'm interested in regenerating cartilages, not in pain relief.

Last edited:
You have to understand there are 2 types of cartilage:

- hyaline: the original cartilage we're born with, very resistant and with very few fibrous tissue, able to regenerate itself until 21 years of age

- fibrous cartilage: made by the body to repair the damaged hyaline cartilage once the body has gone above 21 years. It's not as resistant as the hyaline cartilage and wears out quickly if subject to intense effort

All the supplements and methods on this page are for rebuilding fibrous cartilage.

If you want hyaline cartilage rebuilt after 21, you need to look for a Florida doctor who patented hyaline cartilage regeneration using local growth hormone knee injections.
Can you please provide additional information regarding that Florida doctor, and/or his product. I am in Florida for a couple of months and would like to inquire... Is he using a product similar to Adaquan?

burtlancast

Can you please provide additional information regarding that Florida doctor, and/or his product. I am in Florida for a couple of months and would like to inquire... Is he using a product similar to Adaquan?
Dr Alan Dunn

Attachments

• 2012 Developmental Healing Regrows A Segment Of The Fetal Skeleton And Articular Cartilage.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • Dr Dunn Developmental Healing Regrows A Segment Of The Fetal Skeleton And Articular Cartilage.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 5

koky

RP response:
“Barely any collagen” means that reducing stress can permit regeneration. I think it means that oral aspirin with generous topical progesterone would take care of it.

Maturitas. 2015 Jul;81(3):394-7.
Aspirin is associated with reduced cartilage loss in knee osteoarthritis: Data from a cohort study
Anita E Wluka 1 , Changhai Ding 2 , Yuanyuan Wang 3 , Graeme Jones 4 , Donna M Urquhart 3 , Flavia M Cicuttini 3
Objectives: Aspirin, widely used in the prevention of cardiovascular disease, in low dose, has anti-inflammatory and vasculoprotective effects: both of these processes contribute to the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis. We examined whether use of low dose aspirin affects change in knee cartilage volume in osteoarthritis.
Methods: Participants from the Melbourne osteoarthritis cohort were classified as users and non-users of aspirin, according to baseline use (≤300 mg/day). Their knees were imaged twice over 2 years. Tibial cartilage volumes were measured and change calculated.
Results: Twenty one (18%) of 117 eligible participants were aspirin users. Annual change in medial tibial cartilage volume was -43 mm(3) (95% confidence intervals (CI) -93, 10) in aspirin users and -101 mm(3) (95% CI -125, -77) in non-users (p=0.043 for difference) after adjusting for age, gender, BMI and radiographic severity. Similar results were seen for annual percentage loss (1.9% vs 5.4%, p=0.034). No difference was observed for lateral tibial cartilage change and annual change (p=0.98, 0.87 respectively)
Conclusion: Low dose aspirin use was associated with reduced medial tibial cartilage loss over 2 years in people with knee osteoarthritis. This data is hypothesis generating and clinical trials are required to confirm efficacy. If this hypothesis is confirmed, low dose aspirin may be used to reduce the progression of knee osteoarthritis.
Keywords: Aspirin; Cartilage; Cohort study; Osteoarthritis.
Copyright © 2015 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.

FitnessMike

I was taking 20g of collagen protein thus far, im slightly worry that it might lower cortisol too much as i am suspecting its already suboptimal.

Two days into glucosamine sulfate and already joints feel better.
RP response:
“Barely any collagen” means that reducing stress can permit regeneration. I think it means that oral aspirin with generous topical progesterone would take care of it.

Maturitas. 2015 Jul;81(3):394-7.
Aspirin is associated with reduced cartilage loss in knee osteoarthritis: Data from a cohort study
Anita E Wluka 1 , Changhai Ding 2 , Yuanyuan Wang 3 , Graeme Jones 4 , Donna M Urquhart 3 , Flavia M Cicuttini 3
Objectives: Aspirin, widely used in the prevention of cardiovascular disease, in low dose, has anti-inflammatory and vasculoprotective effects: both of these processes contribute to the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis. We examined whether use of low dose aspirin affects change in knee cartilage volume in osteoarthritis.
Methods: Participants from the Melbourne osteoarthritis cohort were classified as users and non-users of aspirin, according to baseline use (≤300 mg/day). Their knees were imaged twice over 2 years. Tibial cartilage volumes were measured and change calculated.
Results: Twenty one (18%) of 117 eligible participants were aspirin users. Annual change in medial tibial cartilage volume was -43 mm(3) (95% confidence intervals (CI) -93, 10) in aspirin users and -101 mm(3) (95% CI -125, -77) in non-users (p=0.043 for difference) after adjusting for age, gender, BMI and radiographic severity. Similar results were seen for annual percentage loss (1.9% vs 5.4%, p=0.034). No difference was observed for lateral tibial cartilage change and annual change (p=0.98, 0.87 respectively)
Conclusion: Low dose aspirin use was associated with reduced medial tibial cartilage loss over 2 years in people with knee osteoarthritis. This data is hypothesis generating and clinical trials are required to confirm efficacy. If this hypothesis is confirmed, low dose aspirin may be used to reduce the progression of knee osteoarthritis.
Keywords: Aspirin; Cartilage; Cohort study; Osteoarthritis.
Copyright © 2015 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.
Rays response to what? Can you clarify