Cortisol, Histamine, Liver: Having Trouble Putting It All Together

Milena

Have you experienced the weight gain from it?

Difficult to tell. I have experienced weight gain but that seems to be from the reduction in cortisol and adrenaline reactions burning calories and exposing a low baseline metabolism. I also use B3, aspirin and caffeine/coffee to keep the adrenaline response way down to remove the constant overstimulation.
I have a low tolerance to caffeine so presuming a sluggish liver (ALT is high) and am taking the advice given here to improve its function over burning excess fat, currently looking for the sweet spot as regards maximum nutrition with just adequate calories.

alywest

I hope I'm not repeating anything but from what I've read Benedryl and Theanine are both healthy ways to decrease histamine. And it seems like the root of the issue is high estrogen, so a good vitamin E, progesterone and thyroid supplement would be in order to get the estrogen under control. Orange juice does increase histamine, but it also works to heal the underlying issues so cutting it out isn't necessarily a good idea. I would start with really small amounts and then make sure you take Benedryl at night. I have been taking 2 tabs of benedryl every night and 200-400 theanine every day, and then Allegra (fenofexadine or something like that) during the day. I have been taking all of these every day because my allergies are bad. But I believe that since starting the oj and taking t3 throughout the day and right before bd my sleep has improved dramatically and progesterone is fighting the estrogen (I have a LOT apparently.) Of course being a woman my estrogen issues maybe a lot more intense, so I'm just working on it one day at a time. I take 300mg pregesterone (bioidentical from the pharmacy--yes I know it is made with peanut oil) from day 12-24 of my monthly cycle. Males don't need nearly as much. At first it gave me headaches but not anymore. I think the aspirin really helps when you get inflammation from any of the reactions your body has to estrogen, histamine, etc.

Vins7

Hi everyone. I'm 38 years old, male. I've been on this path (Peating to the best of my ability) since January. Last year, I was told by a couple "alternative" practitioners that I had low thyroid and a fatty liver, and my search led me to "Hypothyroid Revolution" and finally, Peat.

I began eating more fruit (mainly cantaloupe, apples, honeydew, and pears), apple juice and tart cherry juice. I also eat potatoes as I feel off/spacey/wired if I don't eat some starch. I can't tolerate orange juice, gelatin, or milk. They all illicit a major histamine reaction that is rapidly becoming more and more unbearable. I've only had a few days of feeling better while "Peating". The rest of the time I seem to be battling endotoxins and histamine cycling (from baseline> histamine spike>vertigo>adrenaline spike> severe exhaustion> baseline>repeat). It's frustrating to say the least. So rather than continuing to guess, I thought it was time to reach out to the community for advice from more experienced health seekers.

I have gained over 20lbs since eating/drinking this way (and I was already 30+lbs overweight since adding starch back to my diet 3 years ago). My belly is bloated terribly. I have a history of low carbing for years, so I know my metabolism is messed up. I also have a history of taking high dose ibuprofen for bad knees (Osgood Schlatters) through middle and high school, as well as 4.5 years of daily tetracycline use for acne from HS through sophomore year college. By my senior year in college, I began having major fatigue and histamine reactions, which led to panic attacks and weakness. I'm wondering if these abuses kick-started my health problems...

Currently, I have zero libido or exercise tolerance and I'm lucky to sleep more than a few hours a night. My last cortisol saliva test showed very elevated cortisol across the board. Tested very low T as well (164) last year. I'm pretty sure my dopamine is screwed up as well because I feel disconnected and joyless in spite of objectively seeing many things in my life for which I should feel major joy (I have a great life - except for my health that I can't seem to get out of the toilet). I'm 5'11" and I weigh 216. My natural healthy weight is more around 165.

My current supplements are:
NDT (Forefront Health)
Pregnenolone (Forefront Health)
B Vits (Forefront Health)
Vit ADK (Forefront Health)
Calcium Carbonate
Caffeine (100mg/day)
Occasional Aspirin
Charcoal as needed
Theanine
Lysine

My bloated belly, rapid weight gain, and inability to go very long without eating leads me to think maybe I should work on my liver before continuing with the NDT and pregnenolone. I'm thinking of trying K2/Caffeine? Not sure what tweaks I can do with my diet that will help?

I do a carrot salad once a day although I'm not seeing any real benefit as yet. Occasional bamboo shoots. I tried mushrooms but they kicked off a histamine reaction, unfortunately.

Through Peating, I have experienced a few hours and days of feeling better than I've felt for 18+ years, which gives me hope that this is the right path. In this time frame, I've also been overwhelmed with feeling pretty terrible for perhaps not doing things in the right order? I feel like everything I've tried so far has backfired in one way or another. I could use some guidance. Thanks
How do you identify that you are having an histamin spike? What symptoms have you got?

Vins7

[QUOTE = "redsun, post: 502413, miembro: 9670"] El usuario fue visto por última vez hace más de 2 años, es poco probable que obtenga una respuesta ahora. [/ QUOTE]
Sorry
The user was last seen over 2 years ago, unlikely you'll get an answer now.
Sorry, and thanks for your notice.
I thought that It was current.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals