Just got lab work back.
I have the dreaded high phosphates!

Homocysteine is at 11.1 H [ s/b <10.4]
Alkaline Phosphatase low at 31 L [ s/b 33-115 U/L]
Phospate (as phosphorus) 4.6 H [ s/b 2.5-4.5 mg/dL]
Red Blood Cell count 3.78 L [ s/b 3.8-5.1 Million/uL]
Vit. D low at 28 L [ s/b 30-100 mg/mL]
Calcium in range! at 9.8 [ ideal range is 8.6-10.2 mg/dL]

Everything else in blood test (including Thyroid) is in acceptable range pretty much.

Also, according to Genova diagnostics NutrEval, I have a high need for Glutatione and Vit. C. Signifying poof liver detox pathways and functioning. Poor ATP production. I know better than to supplement with these substances! Better plan is to fix my liver.
(Edit...) Also pancreatic insufficiency.
Vit. A, E, and CoQ10 are all good. As is Biotin and Mylybdenum.
Low in Niacin, B6, Folic acid, B12, Thiamine, aLA, Riboflavin B2, and Magnesium. (will start supplementing these ASAP)

Also, I have high amount of Clostidium, Staphylococcus and strep, in small intestine. Not sure which bacteriophages or antibiotics to use.

and MTHFR mutations: 677 C/T genotype (single copy varient) & 1298 A/C genotype (single copy variant).

Also, poor cell membranes. (leaky)

Note:
I already take thyroid supps.
I will start with Methylated forms of B-12 and folate soon.

Also low in Niacin. But with MTHFR; how do I know which form to take???

Any clues or help in figuring out my next step would be so appreciated!
Anything at all, even if you think it may be insignificant would be helpful.
I mainly need a starting point to direct my research, but ANY tips would be helpful as well!

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Thank you! I have read the 1st and 3rd (and they are golden!) but didn't see the 2nd one. I will check it out.

Many vitamins and minerals are indicated in these threads, however, from my understanding RP says supplementation is risky. This gene variant prevents conversion of dietary sources of these compounds so is supplementation the only treatment; or am I missing something?

Due to autoimmunity and digestive disease I cannot consume many of the foods recommended. So do I risk it and take the supp's, or will the supp's cause other worse problems? This is my quandary.

Niacin forms seem to be the biggest question. I don't know what form to take.

Mito

Many vitamins and minerals are indicated in these threads, however, from my understanding RP says supplementation is risky. So do I risk it and take the supp's, or will the supp's cause other worse problems? This is my quandary.

Niacin forms seem to be the biggest question. I don't know what form to take.
One reason Ray is so cautious about supplements is because he thinks the impurities can do more harm than good. So it's important to find a supplement that's from as clean a source as possible. Ray recommends the niacinamide form of niacin.

managing

I've been doing very well on @haidut Energin and methylfolate (jarrow). Yes, the methylfolate is a very controversial thing here in peatland, be warned. Also, I find that @haidut Defibron, which intervenes in the homocysteine reprocessing, has reduced the need for methylfolate.

Mito

Also, I find that @haidut Defibron, which intervenes in the homocysteine reprocessing, has reduced the need for methylfolate.
How does Defibron intervene in homocysteine reprocessing? How do you know it reduces your need for methylfolate (i.e. does Defibron reduce symptoms you attribute to undermethylation)?

managing

How does Defibron intervene in homocysteine reprocessing? How do you know it reduces your need for methylfolate (i.e. does Defibron reduce symptoms you attribute to undermethylation)?
This:
http://www.jbc.org/content/256/19/10028.full.pdf

Suggests that MP and MO (among others) are an end product of methylation (rather than contributing to methylation broadly). If that is true, they may reduce the need for shotgun methylation. IOW, could give the benefits w/o the risks?

As for your secnd question, yes, exactly that.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Suggests that MP and MO (among others) are an end product of methylation (rather than contributing to methylation broadly). If that is true, they may reduce the need for shotgun methylation. IOW, could give the benefits w/o the risks?

Yes! Thank you! This confirms my suspicions that there is something underlying that can be fixed rather than just supplying the methylated versions of b12 and folate. Supplementing with these is basically a bandaid IMO. Plus, I don't know that it's possible to avoid an overmethylating issue which would lead to accelerated biological aging as I understand it from the RP article Protective CO2 and aging.

I will have to read the 'Nonpolar lipid Methylation' article a little more in depth when I have time to fully understand it, but will start with the Defibron ASAP. I was recently questioning in another thread if this supp would be useful to me. Glad I got answer here!

I'll also start with Energin because of tyw's insightful post...

"I state this without proof: Most methylation problems are either due to a lack of Methyl Donors, or insufficient FAD.

I will start with FAD.

FAD is derived from a 2-step enzymatic reaction from Riboflavin / Vit B2. Thiamine balance is implicated here, and again I do not give recommendations on the doses. I will say that both must be present, and supplemented in together for a prolonged period (at least several weeks) for there to be substantial effect."

from the thread...
MTHFR Mutations AND Thiamine-Responsive Megaloblastic Anemia

(tyw points out that these points are based on observations and not necessarily proven theories)

I will have to add a better source of magnesium (probably switch to Mag. Bicarb), Manganese and Zinc too. Manganese needs to balance with Molybdenum which my blood work says i'm good on, so not sure yet what to do about that.

The last thing will be a form of Niacin. Also per tyw's post, some people with certain types of SNP's do better with certain types of Niacin supplementation. I do not know which category I fall into so I guess I will have to experiment. And also, much thanks to tyw, for pointing out that Niacinamide should not be taken in the evening because it messes with SIRT1 rhythms.

Thank you Mito and Managing for your contributions.

paymanz

Why manganese and molybdenum need to be balanced?!

They antagonize each other?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals