Need help : high homocysteine, T4 top range, T3 middle range...

slowin

Hello guys I'm 24 years old,
I'm following Peat's advices since 4months (low tryptophane, high gelatine, OJ, coconut oil, lot of fruits, low starches, 1 egg per day, lot of salt, milk...) now but here is my blood work :

TSH : 1.4
High range free-T4 15.20 (9.30-17)
Mid range free-T3 3.14 (2-4.40)
Low SDHEA 5.42 umol/L (5.73-13.40)
High range oestradiol : 33 pg/mL
High range prolactin : 14.7
(4-15)
High homocysteine : 13.6 (<12)
High pregnenolone (0.70) (0.2-0.6)
Vit A is ok
Selenium is ok
Copper 752 ug/L (686-1596)
Zinc 757 ug/L (553-1046)
Vit D : 46.5 ng/mL (I was at 30 2 months earlier)
Urinary iodine : 117ug/L (100-199)
Cortisol (morning) : 160 ng/mL (60.2-184)
CBG 54 (22-55)

I am in really good shape with lot of muscle and my libido is really good but my sleep is pretty bad.

Any advice or supplements that I should take?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
OP
S

slowin

nop, i feel very warm and my heart is beating faster after breakfast

shanny

Forum Supporter
Hello guys I'm 24 years old,
I'm following Peat's advices since 4months (low tryptophane, high gelatine, OJ, coconut oil, lot of fruits, low starches, 1 egg per day, lot of salt, milk...) now but here is my blood work :

TSH : 1.4
High range free-T4 15.20 (9.30-17)
Mid range free-T3 3.14 (2-4.40)
Low SDHEA 5.42 umol/L (5.73-13.40)
High range oestradiol : 33 pg/mL
High range prolactin : 14.7
(4-15)
High homocysteine : 13.6 (<12)
High pregnenolone (0.70) (0.2-0.6)
Vit A is ok
Selenium is ok
Copper 752 ug/L (686-1596)
Zinc 757 ug/L (553-1046)
Vit D : 46.5 ng/mL (I was at 30 2 months earlier)
Urinary iodine : 117ug/L (100-199)
Cortisol (morning) : 160 ng/mL (60.2-184)
CBG 54 (22-55)

I am in really good shape with lot of muscle and my libido is really good but my sleep is pretty bad.

Any advice or supplements that I should take?

Thanks a lot
Are you currently taking any supplements? What was your diet like prior to following the methods here?

OP
S

slowin

Are you currently taking any supplements? What was your diet like prior to following the methods here?
I’m taking taurine (2g/day), aspirine 300mg 3x/week, niacinamide 1x/week, vitamin k2-mk4 (2mg/day), collagen 10-20g/day, bag breathing, vitamin D 5000Ui/day, liver once a week.
My diet was high in carbs but really low in cholesterol like I was not eating anything with fat in it and I was also eating whey protein (I stopped it)

shanny

Forum Supporter
I’m taking taurine (2g/day), aspirine 300mg 3x/week, niacinamide 1x/week, vitamin k2-mk4 (2mg/day), collagen 10-20g/day, bag breathing, vitamin D 5000Ui/day, liver once a week.
My diet was high in carbs but really low in cholesterol like I was not eating anything with fat in it and I was also eating whey protein (I stopped it)
You didn't happen to have your iron tested, did you?

I would start with some methods to reduce estrogen, as indicated in your lab values. You can use carrot salad or white button mushrooms to help clear out excess estrogen, and the niacinamide is also helpful. It looks like you are spot on with your diet.

If you're not sleeping well, that could be the high estrogen and/or high cortisol. I have had trouble sleeping if I take taurine later in the day or with dinner. (most people say it makes them sleepy, but it had the opposite effect on me for some reason!) Are you taking that in the morning/before noon?

Last edited:
OP
S

slowin

You didn't happen to have your iron tested, did you?

I would start with some methods to reduce estrogen, as indicated in your lab values. You can use carrot salad or white button mushrooms to help clear out excess estrogen, and the niacinamide is also helpful. It looks like you are spot on with your diet.

If you're not sleeping well, that could be the high estrogen and/or high cortisol. I have had trouble sleeping if I take taurine later in the day or with dinner. (most people say it makes them sleepy, but it had the opposite effect on me for some reason!) Are you taking that in the morning/before noon?
Do you think I have an excess or low iron ??
Yeah I’m trying to eat a carrot every day with some vinegar and coconut oil on it !

My sleep is just not deep with or without taurine.. I try to take it in the morning + for lunch

youngsinatra

73B45010-8C20-4679-933D-6B10934F67D9.jpeg

You need adequate folate and B12 for homocysteine recycling. Betaine can work as an alternative methyldonor to recycle homocysteine back to methionine too, when B9/B12 is lacking.
Many are drastically lacking folate if they don‘t consume leafy greens or legumes. Check cronometer!

Adequate B6 is also necessary as seen in the picture. I wouldn‘t take high amounts of it though, as it can cause toxicity even at lower amounts. Maybe 5mg of P5P.

OP
S

slowin

View attachment 40686

You need adequate folate and B12 for homocysteine recycling. Betaine can work as an alternative methyldonor to recycle homocysteine back to methionine too, when B9/B12 is lacking.
Many are drastically lacking folate if they don‘t consume leafy greens or legumes. Check cronometer!

Adequate B6 is also necessary as seen in the picture. I wouldn‘t take high amounts of it though, as it can cause toxicity even at lower amounts. Maybe 5mg of P5P.
Thx man !

shanny

Forum Supporter
I agree with what youngsinatra replied with. It's always a matter of finding the balance with B vitamins and not overdoing the supplements!

I was thinking more of a high iron situation. I know that I had high iron, and every time I donated blood, I sleep like a baby for a few days so it does affect sleep. B12 should help with iron utilization, and like Sinatra said, adding a bit of cooked greens or legumes may help with other B's as well as adding fiber to naturally regulate mineral uptake.

I don't want to give you too many things at once! Maybe add oysters once a week for some B12 and well cooked greens/mushrooms for a few weeks and see how you feel?

youngsinatra

I agree with what youngsinatra replied with. It's always a matter of finding the balance with B vitamins and not overdoing the supplements!

I was thinking more of a high iron situation. I know that I had high iron, and every time I donated blood, I sleep like a baby for a few days so it does affect sleep. B12 should help with iron utilization, and like Sinatra said, adding a bit of cooked greens or legumes may help with other B's as well as adding fiber to naturally regulate mineral uptake.

I don't want to give you too many things at once! Maybe add oysters once a week for some B12 and well cooked greens/mushrooms for a few weeks and see how you feel?
👍🏼

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom