Anyone Experiment With High Dose Taurine?

Frankdee20

I would be curious to know if you take A, D, E, K, and F before bed. I remember reading that D taken in the afternoon or later could affect sleep. As well, I heard to take E and K at separate times. Ultimately, if it works for you, that is great. I’m always looking for success stories to follow.

P.S. What is vitamin F?

Well, E and K use the same carrier, and so at typical oral doses, that is why you do not want to saturate it.

GreekDemiGod

Fuuaackk, The sedative effect from Taurine is so subtle, took me days to notice it. This is no bueno in someone with an already low mood.

Frankdee20

Fuuaackk, The sedative effect from Taurine is so subtle, took me days to notice it. This is no bueno in someone with an already low mood.

How much are you taking anyway ? Take it with food so blood sugar does not crash, and that can mess your mood up even more.

GreekDemiGod

I'm taking it with coffee and 2 tbsps of sugar, and not on an empty stomach.
How do you even recognize low blood sugar? I've been oblivious to this.

Frankdee20

I'm taking it with coffee and 2 tbsps of sugar, and not on an empty stomach.
How do you even recognize low blood sugar? I've been oblivious to this.

For me, low blood sugar is obviously hunger...lol, but head aches, clammy hands, inability to focus, adrenaline symptoms, anger, agitation, hunger...LOL

GreekDemiGod

Rant:
If it's one thing I like about low-carbing / Carnivore is that I never had to worry about hypoglicemia. My blood sugar was always stable.
Ketones and/or cortisol were in control 100% of the time of making my BG stable.

Mossy

Well, E and K use the same carrier, and so at typical oral doses, that is why you do not want to saturate it.
Yes, this is what I remember reading, but I know estroban has them combined. So, made me curious how others were doing it.

Frankdee20

Yes, this is what I remember reading, but I know estroban has them combined. So, made me curious how others were doing it.

That is topical use, but lower doses

Gl;itch.e

If you search some of my old posts you can probably find some stuff I have posted about Taurine. Love the stuff. Done upwards of 12-15g a day before. You know you are taking more than you need when you start noticing Sulphur smells on your person! LOL

OP
ddjd

ddjd

If you search some of my old posts you can probably find some stuff I have posted about Taurine. Love the stuff. Done upwards of 12-15g a day before. You know you are taking more than you need when you start noticing Sulphur smells on your person! LOL
what's your source glitch?

ubiety

As others have said I find it decreases libido and causes shrinkage down there. Presumably due to raising prolactin. I do believe it is good for liver glycogen though.

I haven't noticed shrinkage, but every time I take even 500mg it makes my nipples very puffy - another sign of raised prolactin? It's too bad because the liver effects are great; nearly perfect bowel movements.

maillol

I haven't noticed shrinkage, but every time I take even 500mg it makes my nipples very puffy - another sign of raised prolactin? It's too bad because the liver effects are great; nearly perfect bowel movements.
Yes I get the puffy nipples and puffy face too. I'm not taking it at the moment but maybe it could be balanced out with vitamin e which lowers prolactin and oestrogen. Or just take it when you don't have to be seen!

Zigzag

it's weird because there's quite a few posts regarding taurine being extremely effective against Male pattern baldness. yet prolactin is the one of the key things I would expect to worsen MPB
Bayer is working on a hairloss drug that tackles PRLR. I think it shows prolactin might be one of the hair enemies.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

guys I made a note ages ago about how @haidut said taurine can only work optimally when calcium levels are high.

anyone know the reasoning behind this

Gl;itch.e

you said you're sometimes taking 15g taurine a day, where are you buying the powder i mean?
Now I get you! :): I use the NowFoods brand powdered Taurine. Check the link in my signature. This is the one I have used for years with good results. Has become a staple supplement for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals