High Dose Taurine To Reverse Tinnitus

Gl;itch.e

Taurine and Vitamin K pretty much resolved my tinnitus. I didn't go much higher than 15g of Taurine though and I think it was mostly the Vitamin K that did the trick for me.

Peater Piper

Taurine and Vitamin K pretty much resolved my tinnitus. I didn't go much higher than 15g of Taurine though and I think it was mostly the Vitamin K that did the trick for me.
Have you reduced the taurine and Vitamin K since your tinnitus resolved to see if the results are permanent?

Gl;itch.e

Have you reduced the taurine and Vitamin K since your tinnitus resolved to see if the results are permanent?
Yup. This was several years ago. I had been taking Vitamin K for other reasons and it must have been a month or so before I one day realised that the Tinnitus was pretty much gone. I haven't supplemented consistently with Vitamin K for years at this point and still have pretty much no noticable ringing etc.

EDIT: To be totally clear & transparent I think I might have also been using Methylene Blue around this time as well. So it could have been a synergy of this as well.

kaybb

Yup. This was several years ago. I had been taking Vitamin K for other reasons and it must have been a month or so before I one day realised that the Tinnitus was pretty much gone. I haven't supplemented consistently with Vitamin K for years at this point and still have pretty much no noticable ringing etc.

EDIT: To be totally clear & transparent I think I might have also been using Methylene Blue around this time as well. So it could have been a synergy of this as well.
What was the dosage of Vit K?

OP
Ficini

Ficini

I think I've read about your experience before on the forum. Was it MK4?
For me, MK7 while Peating cured my bleeding gums. I had them for years every time I brushed my teeth and I considered it normal. No bleeding now. I did supplement with K2 many times when I was a vegan, but it didn't have this effect, or any...
I never tried MK4 before, cause it is not available in my country.

OP
Ficini

Ficini

I would like to report an interesting phenomenon. Some days I do a head / ears massage. I found this Chinese guy several months ago, and I thought it would be useless, but after the massage, my tinnitus lowers in intensity for about 10 minutes.

After the massage I will do a hearing test (as I said, I can't hear anything above 8000 hz). During the test, the sound starts at 20000 hz and the pitch lowers. Starting about 17000hz, I can perceive some sound, which is buried into tinnitus. By that time, the tinnitus amplifies and what I thought it is the sound I was hearing becomes default in my tinnitus and it doesn't stop when I stop the sound from the headphones.
So it is like my brain constructs a sound image of what it thinks it should be there.
here is the test

ddjd

I think I've read about your experience before on the forum. Was it MK4?
For me, MK7 while Peating cured my bleeding gums. I had them for years every time I brushed my teeth and I considered it normal. No bleeding now. I did supplement with K2 many times when I was a vegan, but it didn't have this effect, or any...
I never tried MK4 before, cause it is not available in my country.
can you link to the exact brand of mk7 that you use

OP
Ficini

Ficini

I use Zenyth Natural Vitamin K2 (it's a romanian brand). 100mcg mk7 from natto, with only rice flower as an excipient.

OP
Ficini

Ficini

Wow, I may be on to something. Since I've started magnesium chloride supplementation, the tinnitus changed.
It is now higher pitched white noise, but clear and constant, while until now it was fluctuating sounding like radio interference or ringing.
Also, when I do the hearing test, I can hear now the sound between 10k and 11k with my left ear.
This is odd to me, since I never thought I might have a magnesium problem on the raw vegan diet with all those salads, so I was never interested in supplementing with it.

Gl;itch.e

What was the dosage of Vit K?
I used Thorne Vitamin K. Just one serving (15mg) daily. Thorne Research, Vitamin K2, 1 fl oz (30 ml) MK-4.

I have tried the MK-7 form as well but did not like it. Actually felt it made me irritable and didn't provide any noticable benefit so I would stick with the MK-4 form.

Gl;itch.e

Wow, I may be on to something. Since I've started magnesium chloride supplementation, the tinnitus changed.
It is now higher pitched white noise, but clear and constant, while until now it was fluctuating sounding like radio interference or ringing.
Also, when I do the hearing test, I can hear now the sound between 10k and 11k with my left ear.
This is odd to me, since I never thought I might have a magnesium problem on the raw vegan diet with all those salads, so I was never interested in supplementing with it.
I do believe Magnesium plays a role, but I am not suprised you aren't getting enough from a Raw Vegan Diet. The Magnesium in Green Vegetables is bound in the Cellulose and would be hard to get from Raw Vegetables.

OP
Ficini

Ficini

I do believe Magnesium plays a role, but I am not suprised you aren't getting enough from a Raw Vegan Diet. The Magnesium in Green Vegetables is bound in the Cellulose and would be hard to get from Raw Vegetables.
True, also my endurance running must have been playing a role in draining my magnesium reserves.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals