Hairloss Blood Work: Low T + High DHT + High Progesterone

SonOfEurope

^

Don't do it.

You do not need more Estradiol as a man unless you have that genetic disorder of absolute Aromatase deficiency dude!

I advice removing troublesome carbohydrates, increasing sugar and gelatin in your diet, 80mg aspirin a day with as much coffee As you can build tolerance to - Theanine will help.

Reduce stress and spend more time under the sun.

If anything, do low dose Progesterone, at 3 - 6mg a day, plus 1-2mg daily DHEA for the androgenic pathway that will end up giving you all the E2 you'll ever need as a man. Progesterone will raise Metabolism and oppose calcification, Progesterone sensitizes Estrogen while removing it from Tissues, so using even a low dose will remove their burden while keeping the necessary sensitivity for E2's metabolic processes even improved, if it's even true that some estrogen is "necessary" outside a genetic deficit of aromatase.

I was also shedding before progesterone and dietary changes, best hair of my life now I can post to prove it.

Last edited:

R J

Why did olive get banned?

And I even bought bio estro cream but never used it. I think it works for guys who blast steroid like deca that has low estrogen production. Then normalizing estrogen helps.

This reductionist approach never makes sense anyways. My hair grows like crazy on pro metabolic diet. Just keep your energy up and you’ll be fine. I feel like periods where I eat a ton and drink lots of coffee yet keep stress low is when I notice most positive hair effects

Broken man

I've been going through a lot of tests to try and see if there's something that could be causing my early-onset MPB. I recently received my blood work back and found interesting results.

• Free T was low but DHT was at the upper limit.
  • My progesterone is high. Double the higher end amount for men.
According to many theories here, these would be optimal stats to have in terms of hair loss which leaves me confused.

This leaves me wondering what causes high DHT when T is low, and also if there is a reason my progesterone would be so elevated. Any thoughts on all this?
Its serum levels Ye?

JKX

His progesterone isnt high. Its just double the limit of the test. The test ranges are far too low for a man. Low serum T is not optimal. Those hormone levels suggest high tissue aromatase to me -> stress. Insufficient thyroid function to allow optimal production of pregnenolone and progesterone to buffer the stress.

stackz07

^

Don't do it.

You do not need more Estradiol as a man unless you have that genetic disorder of absolute Aromatase deficiency dude!

I advice removing troublesome carbohydrates, increasing sugar and gelatin in your diet, 80mg aspirin a day with as much coffee As you can build tolerance to - Theanine will help.

Reduce stress and spend more time under the sun.

If anything, do low dose Progesterone, at 3 - 6mg a day, plus 1-2mg daily DHEA for the androgenic pathway that will end up giving you all the E2 you'll ever need as a man. Progesterone will raise Metabolism and oppose calcification, Progesterone sensitizes Estrogen while removing it from Tissues, so using even a low dose will remove their burden while keeping the necessary sensitivity for E2's metabolic processes even improved, if it's even true that some estrogen is "necessary" outside a genetic deficit of aromatase.

I was also shedding before progesterone and dietary changes, best hair of my life now I can post to prove it.

What other dietary changes?

SonOfEurope

What other dietary changes?

Reduced PUFA to a minimal which by itself heals the thyroid and metabolism. Changed to the most agreeable carbohydrates like rice with greenies, sweet potatoes and no-iron sourdough bread, made my protein more gelatin based, eggs and livers.

5 smaller meals a day instead of two huge ones like before....

Vileplume

The fruit I eat that has a decent amount of fiber includes dragon fruit, pineapple, blueberries, jackfruit, peaches, sometimes grapes, cherries depending on the season, raspberries, cherimoya pulp, passion fruit pulp, acerola pulp and any other fruit that agrees with me that I can find.
Hey CLASH, just wondering if you still find that you and others tend to do well with dragon fruit?

CLASH

Hey CLASH, just wondering if you still find that you and others tend to do well with dragon fruit?

Its person dependent. I personally do ok with dragon fruit, it just doesnt taste as good as other fruits.

Vileplume

Its person dependent. I personally do ok with dragon fruit, it just doesnt taste as good as other fruits.
Cool, thanks for the reply. I seem to do well with it too. Dragon fruit, strawberries, and papaya seem to be my safest fruits.

CLASH

@Vileplume

Nice, overtime your range of tolerated fruits should increase.

Increasing cooked vegetable intake (carrots, squash, peas, beets, tomatoes, peppers) and tolerated fruits seems to alter the microbiome overtime to allow for increased tolerance to other foods in my experience.

At my lowest point I was eating beef, cane sugar soda, and raw carrots. Now I have quite a varied intake of fruits and vegetables. Some things that were previously seemingly poisonous to me have become daily staples.

jet9

@Vileplume

Nice, overtime your range of tolerated fruits should increase.

Increasing cooked vegetable intake (carrots, squash, peas, beets, tomatoes, peppers) and tolerated fruits seems to alter the microbiome overtime to allow for increased tolerance to other foods in my experience.

At my lowest point I was eating beef, cane sugar soda, and raw carrots. Now I have quite a varied intake of fruits and vegetables. Some things that were previously seemingly poisonous to me have become daily staples.
Your diet is meat, animal fats, fruit, some cooked veggies, right? (no rice, no grains, no tubers, etc)

RPDiciple

Reduced PUFA to a minimal which by itself heals the thyroid and metabolism. Changed to the most agreeable carbohydrates like rice with greenies, sweet potatoes and no-iron sourdough bread, made my protein more gelatin based, eggs and livers.

5 smaller meals a day instead of two huge ones like before....
Thats really cool. How is your macros now? What have you noticed made the biggest changes in turns of foods and supplements? Have you done lower protein like ray mentioned later in his life? How much gelatin etc?

SonOfEurope

4 meals a day, one is always stewed beef/lamb or chicken feet soup (ask your butcher) gelatin is taken care of.

I only eat meat (even gelatinous) 3 hours away from starch or fruit.

I notice a greater craving for animal products in winter... in summer I can get along with just fruit and milk.... I'd say I'm 25% fat 25% carbs 50% protein in winter.

And easily 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat in summer (May to Sept)

The summer months of May to Sept are great for minimizing fat and healing the body.

Vitamin D and K are extremely important, as is a proper circadian rhythm (waking up with sunrise + bed right at sunset.

During November through January it's hard where I live or anywhere past latitude 35 for that matter so effort is required.

Humans need at least 10 hours of daylight and some morning to midday sun exposure.

I still wish I lived closer to the Equator at 6,000 or 7,000 feet.

Last edited:

SonOfEurope

Latitude makes a huge difference in all of this.

Around the Equator you can get away with the most Peatiful diet year round...

Especially at high altitude like the Andes and East Africa, 68 F (25 celcious every afternoon year round)

What a paradise Lord.

At latitude 35-50 you must incorporate the mixed principles, or rule, you are in winter mode when the sun at noon is below 45 degrees, higher than that summer.

At latitudes higher than 60 North it is very difficult (PM me Scandinavians/Scotts)

The best environment to follow Peat's principles is no doubt within 30 degrees of the Equator at an altitude of 6,000- 8,000 ft. Where every day is around 68F and sunny most of the time. Rest of us must find caveats to adapt, in some ways it sucks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals