paymanz

@Peater Piper

haha that study is interesting.nice find.thanks!

so animals without cover made 40ng/ml vitamin d.and it lowered in proportion to body surface coverage.

i believe their fur blocks most of uvb , as you know uvb is not penetrating good. i think a normal clothing of humans in summer , a T-shirt gives us enough exposure to even make more than that.probably?!

a light clothing blocks most of blue and UV light and lets red and IR light to pass.

to me by looking at this study it seems like 40 ng/ml is around the optimal level. a level many experts also recommend.

upload_2016-11-9_20-33-51.png

and these animals make decent amount of retinol to balance that vitamin d . it can be really cool if we find data about how much retinol these animals can make a day!

Attachments

Peater Piper

i believe their fur blocks most of uvb , as you know uvb is not penetrating good. i think a normal clothing of humans in summer , a T-shirt gives us enough exposure to even make more than that.probably?!
Probably, depending on time spent outside and latitude. My D went up to almost 40 during the summer just from going for 15-20 minute walks in the early afternoon wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Of course, I'm pretty pale, so I imagine I can make a fair amount of D in a short time. In the winter without supplementing my levels have dropped to 20, which is not so good.

Constatine

Probably, depending on time spent outside and latitude. My D went up to almost 40 during the summer just from going for 15-20 minute walks in the early afternoon wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Of course, I'm pretty pale, so I imagine I can make a fair amount of D in a short time. In the winter without supplementing my levels have dropped to 20, which is not so good.
Great find Peater Piper.

aliciahere

o much bile acids can irritate the colon. Finally, if taurine has bactericidal effect as the study above says that can lead to bloating due to massive die off and resultant endotoxin release.

I started drank a red bull on Thursday and later that evening had a massive headache (I'm not prone to headaches, this was very unusual). Friday I drank another red bull, and had massive amount of gas. Woke up this morning feeling like I might be getting a cold. Before finding this post I thought to myself "it feels like die off." Good to know that's probably what it is.

Though even with one red bull a day, the dosing is higher than this study. :/ I wonder if it would be better to sip half a red bull throuout the day :eh:

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey @tyw, not sure if you saw this thread but I would be interested in hearing your take on it. While the study is indeed bizarre it does have some very interesting points, including that dosing of substances should be based on metabolism and not body weight, as well as the contribution of various pathogens to cancer, and the therapeutic effects of vitamin D / taurine being tied to the increased amount of pathogens being excreted in urine. Sounds a bit similar to the TCM theory of disease.

Amazoniac

However, we found that the most striking reduction was found in babies with Zika virus infection & microcephaly and Taurine was an extremely low amount of 0.0002~0.0005ng. We discovered these after analyzing 12 photographs of the Zika Virus infected babies with microcephaly reported...
So Omura arrogates the ability to determine the amount of taurine in an infant from a photograph.
'

Travis

No wonder I barely remember writing that, it had been written 360 days ago.

But I did find an error in my previous comment:
He never gives units for volume in the entire paper. You would expect to see ng/L on most of these measurements, but you don't. I think most serious scientists would find this unacceptable. Not like it matters for imagined concentrations anyway; he could just as well say .5 unicorns or .00275 international voodoo units. —Travis

Point-five, or ½ unicorns actually equals 275·(10)⁻⁸ international voodoo units. It is .5 Unicorns—with big "U"—that equals .00275 IUᵥ. As with denoting energy in calories, the capital letter indicates kilo-units—i.e. one Unicorn equals 10³ unicorn (small "u"), or exactly ¹⁰⁄₆ imaginary Na⁺/K⁺-ATPase units.

Rookie mistake.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
No wonder I barely remember writing that, it had been written 360 days ago.

But I did find an error in my previous comment:

Point-five, or ½ unicorns actually equals 275·(10)⁻⁸ international voodoo units. It is .5 Unicorns—with big "U"—that equals .00275 IUᵥ. As with denoting energy in calories, the capital letter indicates kilo-units—i.e. one Unicorn equals 10³ unicorn (small "u"), or exactly ¹⁰⁄₆ imaginary Na⁺/K⁺-ATPase units.

Rookie mistake.

I think you would like to know that Mr. Omura has another interesting and bold "study". This time it is on treatment of ALS with MCT (caprylic acid).
Caprylic acid in the effective treatment of intractable medical problems of frequent urination, incontinence, chronic upper respiratory infection, ... - PubMed - NCBI

Hey @Amazoniac I think you will like it too. I just don't understand why this guy publishes on such Peatarian substances. This latest one uses caprylic acid, amoxicillin, cilantro, etc and he touts caprylic acid the most. If he had done a study on say estrogen or whole grains I would have dismissed him. But he just seems to throw in enough sense in his studies to catch my interest. If it wasn't for the whole "diagnosis by foot drawing" approach I think this guy could have published in much higher impact journals and actually gotten himself good attention.

Can either one of you please try to get this study? I am interested in the dose he found most optimal for caprylic acid.

Last edited:

paymanz

@Peater Piper

haha that study is interesting.nice find.thanks!

so animals without cover made 40ng/ml vitamin d.and it lowered in proportion to body surface coverage.

a light clothing blocks most of blue and UV light and lets red and IR light to pass.

to me by looking at this study it seems like 40 ng/ml is around the optimal level. a level many experts also recommend.

View attachment 3811

and these animals make decent amount of retinol to balance that vitamin d . it can be really cool if we find data about how much retinol these animals can make a day!
another study, on chimps
Relationship between sunlight exposure, housing condition, and serum vitamin D and related physiologic biomarker levels in captive chimpanzees (Pan... - PubMed - NCBI

full text:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/aalas/cm/2007/00000057/00000004/art00010?crawler=true
upload_2018-5-3_2-9-5.png

Amazoniac

Vitamin D: Physiology, Molecular Biology, and Clinical Applications (978-1-60327-300-8) - Michael Holick
Chapter 59 - Anti-inflammatory Activity of Calcitriol That Contributes to Its Therapeutic and Chemopreventive Effects in Prostate Cancer

"Our recent research has identified several new calcitriol target genes revealing novel molecular pathways of calcitriol action in prostate cells. The data suggest that calcitriol has anti-inflammatory actions that contribute to its anti-proliferative and cancer preventive effects in PCa. Calcitriol reduces both PG production (by suppressing COX-2 and increasing 15-PGDH expression) and PG biological actions (by PG receptor downregulation). We propose that calcitriol inhibition of the PG pathway contributes significantly to its anti-inflammatory actions. Combinations of calcitriol with NSAIDs exhibit synergistic enhancement of growth inhibition in PCa cell cultures suggesting that they may have therapeutic utility in PCa. The results of our recent clinical trial in patients with early recurrent PCa indicate that the combination of a weekly high-dose calcitriol with the non-selective NSAID naproxen has activity to slow the rate of rise of PSA in most patients. Another novel molecular pathway of calcitriol action involves the induction of MKP5 expression and the subsequent inhibition of p38 stress kinase signaling, resulting in the attenuation of the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines in prostate cells. There is also considerable evidence for an anti-inflammatory role for calcitriol in PCa through the inhibition of NF?B signaling in PCa cells. The discovery of these novel calcitriol-regulated pathways suggests that calcitriol has anti-inflammatory actions, in addition to its other anti-cancer effects, that may play an important role in the prevention and/or treatment of PCa."​

@Obi-wan

Mossy

Very interesting study. I realize these studies need to be taken with a grain of salt, but their claims are amazingly simplistic—in a good way. If all I have to do is take low does vitamin D and taurine as an anti-cancer, pro-health strategy, that would be quite cost effective and easy to do. I can say taurine, short-term, is one of the most effective supplements I've taken: it immediately makes me fell better, if I'm feeling subpar; and vitamin D supplementing tends to be balancing something in me.

If both of these supplements (as well as most) didn't give me side effects, I"d start on their low recommendations right away. Even with side effects, I'm going to see if I can work these in somehow (even if topically).

Here are some key highlights from the study:
"As a result, by giving optimal dose of Vitamin D3 400 I.U. 3 times/day, cancer markers such as Oncogene-C fosAB-2, Integrin α5β1 and 8-OH-dG were significantly reduced. It was supplemented by additional optimal doses of ω3 fish oil (EPA 180mg with DHEA 120mg) and Cilantro tablets. Recently, O-ring test positive ω3 fish oil has become very difficult to obtain. Additionally, widely used Vitamin D3 2000~5000 I.U. or higher dose often promotes cancer. Meanwhile, we discovered significant reduction of Taurine in every cancer tissue, and found that optimal dose of Taurine (175mg) has an equal or even superior anti-cancer effect than optimal dose of Vitamin D3 , as well as the beneficial effect of increasing Acetylcholine and DHEA, which is required for improving memory & brain functioning and myocardial circulation. When we combined the optimal doses of Vitamin D3 and Taurine, we found the most significant safe, effective anti-cancer effect."

@Mossy
After posting this I realised it is actually from the same guy Yoshiaki Omuro That Haiduit talks about in this thread, So basically the same study.
When this thread landed in 2016 it intrigued me and terrified me at the same time, especially regarding the Vitamin D dose .....cancer ,if this guy is accurate.
He seems to be held in high esteem and as far as I know still alive but nothing I have looked at anywhere has shown any more research on this subject especially Vitamin D..... dosage and cancer .
What do you think of his O ring methods ?

Mossy

@Mossy
After posting this I realised it is actually from the same guy Yoshiaki Omuro That Haiduit talks about in this thread, So basically the same study.
When this thread landed in 2016 it intrigued me and terrified me at the same time, especially regarding the Vitamin D dose .....cancer ,if this guy is accurate.
He seems to be held in high esteem and as far as I know still alive but nothing I have looked at anywhere has shown any more research on this subject especially Vitamin D..... dosage and cancer .
What do you think of his O ring methods ?
That is too funny. As I was reading the study and posting the excerpts I said to myself, "I know I've seen this text some place before!".

As a total layman, that "O ring" method just goes over my head. The Mighty Haidut, or someone else in the know, would have to chime in on that.

I don't know what to make of that cancer concern he has, from arguably still low doses; especially compared to the large vitamin D protocols out there today.

I've already started the taurine topically. I'll add the vitamin D next week if all goes well (no side effects). Then I'll progress to internal usage of both if I have success with the topical.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals