MSM + TAURINE very restorative for hair health (I think!)

ddjd

As you can see in the wet hair photos, although I do have a receding hairline, I don't yet have terrible fibrosis of the scalp. My hair is naturally very thin and since puberty the hair has been becoming increasingly thinner and lifeless.

IMG_20210710_175710.jpg

IMG_20210710_175642.jpg

The last few months I've been experimenting again with SULFUR based amino acids and my hair thickness, texture and overall health of the hair shafts has improved dramatically- natural curls seem to be coming back and it definitely feels thicker all over.

TAURINE (2-5g per day)
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) (1g per day)
L-Methionine (only occasional as dangerous long term )

IMG_20210710_175527.jpg

I could also experiment with other SULFUR based amino acids like L-cysteine or NAC but they seem more risky for overall health.

MSM and taurine are generally pretty safe for long term use.

Anyway I hope this helps other people trying to improve thickness and density of their hair- definitely try Taurine and MSM!!

Other things I take fairly regularly against progression of male pattern baldness:

- progesterone
- methylene blue
- t3
- Cyproheptadine
- zinc
- vitamin c
- Niacinamide
- b1

Last edited:

equipoise

Not to downplay your progress, but 3rd pic makes no sense. Wet hair is one thing, frizzy air dried another.

My hair may appear up to two times thicker to the non critical eye due to the fact hair lays way different and volume can give illusion of thickness.

However, I prefer being realistic and the norwood has simply advanced from 1 five years ago to 2.3 now. Stress made me shed a lot and lose hair, I am convinced that I cannot regrow such substantial loss without undergoing HT.

Would you still consider taurine/MSM helpful for hair? When you were seeing results did your hair grow faster in addition to getting thicker?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Would you still consider taurine/MSM helpful for hair? When you were seeing results did your hair grow faster in addition to getting thicker?
yes 100%

in my experience everything that LOWERS choline seems to stop the progression of male pattern baldness. i don't quite understand the mechanism and also bear in mind that we're all biologically so different so what works for me may not work for you. in my experience however, everything that is anti-cholinergic halts progression of MPB.

peat is not a fan of choline. he's spoken a lot about how its pro-stress, excitatory, anti-metabolic and it raises nitric oxide. of course choine is essential in the body to some degree, especially for nerve health and bile-gallbladder function etc..

after years of experimentation my theory is that male pattern baldness is intimately tied to cholinergic activity- maybe relating specifically to over-production of nitric oxide instead of carbon dioxide.

anticholinergic supplements include:

- taurine
- MSM
- cyproheptadine (and other antihistamines)
- DHT
- t3
- progesterone
- caffeine
- agmatine
- lysine
- methylene blue
- zinc
- vitamin A
- aspirin
- pau d'arco

all of these lower nitric oxide and choline= great for hair health (in my experience)

MSM and taurine have the added benefit of the sulfur component which is great for thickening the hair and giving strength to the follicle.

i hope this helps in some way!

Progesterone

yes 100%

in my experience everything that LOWERS choline seems to stop the progression of male pattern baldness. i don't quite understand the mechanism and also bear in mind that we're all biologically so different so what works for me may not work for you. in my experience however, everything that is anti-cholinergic halts progression of MPB.

peat is not a fan of choline. he's spoken a lot about how its pro-stress, excitatory, anti-metabolic and it raises nitric oxide. of course choine is essential in the body to some degree, especially for nerve health and bile-gallbladder function etc..

after years of experimentation my theory is that male pattern baldness is intimately tied to cholinergic activity- maybe relating specifically to over-production of nitric oxide instead of carbon dioxide.

- taurine
- MSM
- DHT
- t3
- progesterone
- caffeine
- agmatine
- lysine
- methylene blue
- zinc
- vitamin A
- aspirin
- pau d'arco

all of these lower nitric oxide and choline= great for hair health (in my experience)

MSM and taurine have the added benefit of the sulfur component which is great for thickening the hair and giving strength to the follicle.

What's your TOP hair health items?

equipoise

yes 100%

- taurine
- MSM
- DHT
- t3
- progesterone
- caffeine
- agmatine
- lysine
- methylene blue
- zinc
- vitamin A
- aspirin
- pau d'arco

All of this is helpful and harmful at the same time. Context is everything, worst thing one can do is start the kitchen sink method of ingesting more and more supplements on top of each other. I'd probably pick one and test for couple of months. Aspirin works extremely good for my SHEDDING, however the negative side effects are more pronounced tinnitus and bleeding, which K2 (Kuinone) doesn't cover. So the dosing schedule of aspirin is simply not ample enough for me to see any beneficial changes.

Hair will shed if the uncoupling is not covered by insurance and what that means is you have to take into the account the calories, micronutrients ad nauseum..
I'm speaking as n=1 and YMMV but my patterns are ridiculous, they adhere to no logic whatsoever and my hairloss is inconsistent.
I can however notice that whenever I start feeling extremely good, as in, extra masculine, coarser, darker beard, dominant over the top, my hair on top will be slightly thinner and prone to SHEDDING. When I'm more chill and passive it seems to thicken slightly. However I don't trust myself in regards to hair so it's all pretty enigmatic. I have a history of family hairloss (every male is bald) and we are all hairy with great bone development, natural strength and deep, resonant voices.

Most of my male friends who still have their juvenile hairlines intact are seriously lacking on the Dominant/hairy/voice side of things. Who knows really

Mossy

@ddjd Are you still using taurine and msm?

frannybananny

Oh man, I just started Citicholine for cognitive improvements and cleansing the liver of fats. It is supposed to prevent Alzheimers, Huntingtons and Parkinson's by clearing out amyloid paques in the brain and I definitely need it for my liver.

So you are now saying that choline is bad for you? I am so confused and just don't know what to believe anymore!

Karlx

yes 100%

- taurine
- MSM
- DHT
- t3
- progesterone
- caffeine
- agmatine
- lysine
- methylene blue
- zinc
- vitamin A
- aspirin
- pau d'arco

Choline acutely gives me depression. I discovered that a few years ago when I tried supplementing it. I think many 'nootropics' deplete choline, which is why I tried it. I have never noticed such an effect from periods of eating 6 or more eggs a day.

Taurine provided a noticeable calming effect, not unlike a very mild version of a benzo. I didn't notice any other effects. I'd bought it for some muscular reason. It's interesting that these two stand out as producing a noticeable effect is all, which is rare for me. Another sulfur-containing amino, NAC, does nothing noticeable except when I use it with drinking, where it dramatically cuts the effects of hangover. I have seen NAC mentioned many times in hair growth circles, but that area is so complex I found it hard to piece anything together.

Last edited:

rayban

After picture is low res and not wet. Take before and afters in the same scenario to see results.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I remember when you told me you dont have mpb. But i knew u did. Lol.
Naturally high forehead and naturally thin hair. I've still got some hair on top. I'm not complaining. Loads of guys got way less hair than me at 35. It's mpb definitely but not advanced, fair to say?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Big news today for us MPB sufferers in mainstream news

View: https://twitter.com/SolomonPhoenix_/status/1553092132050571264?t=qWlT0AxSdrpOxllGKa5dHA&s=19

See my thread

"Having researched substances which antagonise TGF-b1, here are some options:

- methyl palmitate (DeFibron)

- taurine

- green tea extract

- gingko Biloba

- curcumin

- apigenin

- naringenin

- apple cide vinegar

- sage

- aspirin"