Anyone Experiment With High Dose Taurine?

Vinny

Kunstruct

Try different brand. Half of the taurine on the market is garbage.
By garbage what do you mean?
That is fake? Mixed with some filler?

I usually try to buy those bags like from Myprotein where they claim there is only taurine without fillers (like capsules and tables are full of) in a bag and you dose it on a scale.

BearWithMe

By garbage what do you mean?
That is fake? Mixed with some filler?

I usually try to buy those bags like from Myprotein where they claim there is only taurine without fillers (like capsules and tables are full of) in a bag and you dose it on a scale.
It is not about fillers, I'm always buying taurine that is declared as pure. Some brands are givng me great benefits even at conservative doses, some brands are giving me benefits only when using high doses, some brands are giving me no effect at all and some brands are making me nauseous with no possitive effect.

Taurine from different brands even looks, smells and tastes very different. The difference is so apparent sometimes I doubt it is even the same substance.

Wolf

is it possible to buy that ajinomoto brand in bulk powder??
why would it need to be taken with fat? ive never noticed "goofy stools"
Swanson Ultra AjiPure Taurine, Pharmaceutical Grade 500 mg 60 Veg Caps - Swanson Health Products
Taurine T4571
If you go further down the rabbit hole you could probably find something.
-
--
---
Taurine as a universal carrier of lipid soluble vitamins: a hypothesis. - PubMed - NCBI
" On the basis of recent finding concerning the relationship between taurine and the aldehyde of vitamin A-retinal (Petrosian and Haroutounian, 1988, 1998; Petrosian et al., 1996), as well as on the basis of data from the literature, we now suggest a hypothesis that taurine promotes the bioavailability of the lipid soluble vitamins A, D, E, K, and F, probably by forming different types of water soluble, easily hydrolyzable complexes. It is quite possible that the ability of taurine to convert lipids and lipid soluble substances into a water soluble state is the key to understanding the unusually wide diversity of biological phenomena associated with taurine. "
What time of day and with which meal?
I try to take it at least a few hours before bed, but always with a fatty meal and with my regular onslaught of fat solubles.
There's some other haidut posts about Taurine itself and it basically points to waasting money if you're not using it to potentiate fat solubles.

Kunstruct

It is not about fillers, I'm always buying taurine that is declared as pure. Some brands are givng me great benefits even at conservative doses, some brands are giving me benefits only when using high doses, some brands are giving me no effect at all and some brands are making me nauseous with no possitive effect.

Taurine from different brands even looks, smells and tastes very different. The difference is so apparent sometimes I doubt it is even the same substance.

I see, this is very interesting that you have posted about.
So far I only had Taurine from a single brand because I bought a bit of a larger bag. I might want to try some other brands too.

Vinny

Very good, thank you.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

this is helpful to know but also worrying. can anyone recommend a good source of taurine powder in europe?

Frankdee20

Taurine is a cool supplement for me, and one I would try again and again. As long as you take it with some food, because it will lower your blood sugar, and cause head pain, inability to focus, weakness, etc. Other than that, it keeps you going at a steady pace. It does not increase GABA, but it may have its own receptor that compliments the GABA system. It is reccomended by Dr Amen to calm temporal lobe issues like anxiety, and seizures. It should be helpful to the heart, as a large percentage is found in the heart. Dr. Atkins used to love using it for heart problems. It is a true stabilizer.

Frankdee20

I get about a gram a day from red bull, but I have gone as high as 2-4 grams a day. I think 2 grams is a sweet spot for most. It can cause too much bile secretions.

Mossy

...I try to take it at least a few hours before bed, but always with a fatty meal and with my regular onslaught of fat solubles.
I would be curious to know if you take A, D, E, K, and F before bed. I remember reading that D taken in the afternoon or later could affect sleep. As well, I heard to take E and K at separate times. Ultimately, if it works for you, that is great. I’m always looking for success stories to follow.

P.S. What is vitamin F?

Mossy

maillol

As others have said I find it decreases libido and causes shrinkage down there. Presumably due to raising prolactin. I do believe it is good for liver glycogen though.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

As others have said I find it decreases libido and causes shrinkage down there. Presumably due to raising prolactin.
many people who used the idealabs product gonadin noticed that it caused shrinkage down there (only when flaccid) but i actually think its a good sign, i doubt its related to prolactin, what makes you say that?

Ok so I took a gram yesterday with my customary dairy and fruit night meal after a lengthy taurine hiatus. I was up all night with a strong heart beat and mental stimulation (which included faster and more positive thoughts, possibly the reason I'm not at all cranky). Normally the 0.5mg MB, 100mg thiamine mononitrate, and 150mg magnesium malate I have with this meal calm my heart and mind down enough to fall asleep immediately once in bed, but the gram of taurine overpowered these.

Shrinkage is not evidenced this morning; however, the customary penile rigidity which morning doses of alpha tocopherol have been providing was somewhat lacking.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals