Anyone Else Feel A Bit Guilty And Indulgent For Eating This Way

Runenight201

For all the problems having excess weight causes, i do think I’d rather be happy with lots of energy, good sleep, but overweight, as opposed to miserable, cold, low energy, bad sleep, but thin.

In any case, it’s possible to have your cake and eat it, but it requires very careful selection of foods, appropriate meal combinations, AND appropriate meal timings.

ExCarniv

I feel guilty when I eat "Dulce de leche" right from the can/pot

My favorite breakfast, a big glass of "Cafe con leche" with 20g of sugar, milk powder pancakes with "Dulce de leche" on top.

Peater

Good thread, I tend to agree with this:

I acknowledge that I'm lucky to have some disposable income every month, but that's what it is; disposable. I buy beef from White Oak Pastures in Georgia, USA because it is produced about as ethically as possible and because they will freeze it immediately, minimizing (presumably) the production of biogenic amines. I even pay $25 for them to cut the roasts into 1/2 lb portions so I don't have to defrost 3 lbs at a time, much more than I eat in a week. So about $150 USD lasts me around three months.

When I eat commercial beef at a restaurant I can taste the cadaverine and putrescine, it is pretty much inedible for me at this point.

I maintain that orthorexia is a psychiatric term which, like almost all of psychiatry, should be vigorously ignored. If the Inuit have 46 words for snow the world should have a lot more words for eating what is good for you, without reference to the degenerate ideology of psychiatry.

Great post. This is what i meant. I aim to spend my money on quality good that was raised/grown with care and kindness. Which is what I want to do - getting what you want isn't necessarily pure greed or inherently bad.

Have never heard of cadavarine and putrescine but they sound vile. I think ignorance is bliss in this case!

Lejeboca

For all the problems having excess weight causes, i do think I’d rather be happy with lots of energy, good sleep, but overweight, as opposed to miserable, cold, low energy, bad sleep, but thin.

+1.
In fact, since Peating, I think my taste for looks has shifted. If I see a thin person and no-muscle person, I almost immediately start thinking that they have some "condition" and kind of pity them. "Normally" overweight people seem to me like having more vitality in them..

In any case, it’s possible to have your cake and eat it, but it requires very careful selection of foods, appropriate meal combinations, AND appropriate meal timings.

You mean "have my cake, eat it, and not become overweight" ? :): Wow! I agree but only if the list of cake's ingredients is very simple (say, no more than 5 label-long lines). Otherwise, I don't even bother to read (and eat) anymore because I am certain that it will contain such long phrases as "enriched wheat flour" or "carrageeanan". I guess this all gets under your "careful food selection" saying above.
I just wanted to say that for me this is the most important out of the three you've mentioned.

redsun

+1.
In fact, since Peating, I think my taste for looks has shifted. If I see a thin person and no-muscle person, I almost immediately start thinking that they have some "condition" and kind of pity them. "Normally" overweight people seem to me like having more vitality in them..

That's an interesting way to cope but it's coping nonetheless.

ExCarniv

Sorry but overweight is never good.

You want muscle, not fat.

I never met an overweight person that doesn't have some kind of depression, brain fog, lack of energy, I was 20kg overweight and at some point wanted to kill myself.

OP
L

lampofred

I agree that overweight people in general tend to have a bit more vitality than overly skinny people. Not in the sense that they may be more active but in the sense that they tend to be more grounded. Whereas very skinny people, over-exercisers, seem to be less in tune with instincts and more language/rule-dominated.

Lejeboca

I agree that overweight people in general tend to have a bit more vitality than overly skinny people. Not in the sense that they may be more active but in the sense that they tend to be more grounded. Whereas very skinny people, over-exercisers, seem to be less in tune with instincts and more language/rule-dominated.

Yep. I'd add that I also mean "vitality" in the sense of mood and some type of cheerfulness.
So I have to disagree with @ExCarniv about depression, brain fog, etc as generalization.

Sorry but overweight is never good.

You want muscle, not fat.

I never met an overweight person that doesn't have some kind of depression, brain fog, lack of energy, I was 20kg overweight and at some point wanted to kill myself.

Agreed.

redsun

Its more like overweight/obese = rule follower, often religious/nauseatingly spiritual/prone to delusions. Its almost like body fat acts like metaphorical chains that keep you down and keep you well-behaved. Not being a normal lean human(and being lean is our natural state) turns you into a teddy bear not just physically, but emotionally. Humans were never meant to rule-followers, there's a reason humans are the top of the food chain.

Normal BMI doesn't mean healthy but guess what normal BMI is half the battle. All adipose tissue increases aromatase and this increases the fatter you get. FFA in the blood also increases as body fat increases as well. 100% guarantee that 100% of all overweight/obese people have PUFA saturated body fat, after all that's the one of prime reasons for their metabolic dysfunction. Often is the case the more body fat, the more PUFA is causing problems.

Yep. I'd add that I also mean "vitality" in the sense of mood and some type of cheerfulness.
So I have to disagree with @ExCarniv about depression, brain fog, etc as generalization.

Actually, @ExCarniv 's generalization is correct. Brain fog caused by decreased ability to use glucose for fuel, inability to maintain blood sugar without constant feeding. Depression is prevalent in the overweight because of increased serotonin(serotonin itself is a prime factor in obesity). Lack of energy caused by the same thing, inability to use glucose for fuel.

This is why, despite the downside Peat and many in the peat forum like to exclaim, losing body fat always does more good to the body despite the short term detrimental effects.

There’s a point in exercise when one is able to perceive that the available energy has been exhausted, and further continual of the exercise is possible but requires a large amount of mental fortitude. This “wall” is when exercise should always be stopped, and indicates the ceiling on optimal performance in my opinion.

What often happens is with the toxic mind over matter mentality, one can push themselves through the wall, but this is very stressful and not pleasant at all. This is where exercise becomes more harmful.

Proper exercises safely pushes when that wall is hit, which if I am remembering correctly also corresponds with higher mitochondria counts in the body, which definitely is a good thing. I have to read up more about exercise physiology but i know that if done correctly exercise is a net benefit to the individual and had the capacity to greatly increase quality of life. Better hormonal health, better energy, better intelligence, higher stress resiliency, etc... Any sport can be safely enjoyed and used to the benefit of the indivifual so long as they don’t push themselves past that wall.
I think so too, pushing through the wall is detrimental, since you're basically ignoring your own signals to stop. The thing is, competitive sports require athletes to go beyond what they comfortable doing, and playes can't simply say " if I go any longer, I'll get hypometabolic, so I have to stop". Their trainers won't be happy with that, and if all players do that, then the team's performance will drop. Soccer is quite popular in country, and. although I don't watch them often, the few games that I saw showed that players run often and, when they don't run, they jog, so it's a constant effort, without real rest. You have to be fat adapted to contract the muscles so often and for that long of a period of time.

I need to read more about exercise too, I only really know a few things about it, there are still quite a lot of blanks.

In my experience, yes, exercise can be used greatly increase well-being if done right, and lifting weights is probably my favorite form of exercise, followed by walking. Sprinting is fun too, but I don't do as regularly as I do the other types.

Africans americans are eating alot of vegetables, starches and even pufa and are doing good, you can say that They seems to be stupid but its because of lack of training during childhood. How is that possible?
Can you point me to the source of that info?

I recall reading black people are even more vitamin D deficient than white people in the USA. Considering how important vitamin D is, I wonder what were the parameters that the researchers used to conclude that african americans are doing okay. Maybe they have lower ldl cholesterol, due to the PUFAs and low fructose consumption.

Broken man

Can you point me to the source of that info?

I recall reading black people are even more vitamin D deficient than white people in the USA. Considering how important vitamin D is, I wonder what were the parameters that the researchers used to conclude that african americans are doing okay. Maybe they have lower ldl cholesterol, due to the PUFAs and low fructose consumption.
Its not that easy but will point to some directions. When you will look on data about Africa, you would think that I am mistaken but that is because Africa is a soccer field for all industries finding new drugs and therapies or just killing them. Also, some regions are not developed much so its hard to find good evidence. My main aim is gut health, I know I read a study when They find that gastrointestinal diseases are almost non existent or 1% of African american or hispanic, they eat gluten too and are immune? Also bone density, they eat less calcium and maybe are vitamin D dificient like you say but still have the best bone density of all races while having the best ratio od testesterone conversation to DHT. I am looking for african american because even most are poor, have better access to standard food while some african tribes are eating only meat or vegan or have bad access to food. If you know forum member "Travis", he find too that african americans have good metabolism and can do good on bad diets. We talked about it little bit.
Persistent low prevalence of Western digestive diseases in Africa: confounding aetiological factors
More evidence for rise, and race difference, in U.S. celiac disease - Reuters

GreekDemiGod

@Runenight201 I think this is what David Goggins is talking about in saying that most people only reach 40% of their performance. Above which, if you tap into your 'mental fortitude', you can go a lot more, with seemingly less effort. The human body is immensely capable of whitstanding long stress.
He's done endurance running

Runenight201

@Runenight201 I think this is what David Goggins is talking about in saying that most people only reach 40% of their performance. Above which, if you tap into your 'mental fortitude', you can go a lot more, with seemingly less effort. The human body is immensely capable of whitstanding long stress.
He's done endurance running

Yes but I wouldn’t recommend doing what he does. I recall watching one of his interviews and he crashed his hormonal system through all the exercise he did. Doing exercise with the available amount of glycogen in the body is the optimal way to receive all the health benefits while avoiding any of the harms that come with subsequent catabolism of muscle and fat tissue to support movement, all of which come with the increase of stress hormones. Performance also will drop and it will be impossible to maintain high explosive movements, which are necessary for competitive sports. Continuing to attempt to be explosive while running out of glycogen puts the body at risk of hurting itself since it no longer has the means to activate the muscular system as needed to protect the joints as it moves the skeleton through space, which puts one at added risk of injury. Which is exactly how I tore two ACLs! This is in my opinion why there is such a high incidence of non contact ACL injuries. Pushing athletes past the point of relying on glycogen stores for fuel. But I know much more now, and have noticed that my performance in soccer is always at its highest when I’m running on pure glucose. It’s a real joy to play in this case!

Korven

Just had lunch consisting of fatty steak, well boiled potatoes, 2 cups of raw milk and a tablespoon of honey. It sure does feel indulgent eating this way and I love it.. I pity vegans who deprive themselves of these nourishing foods

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals