Really Tired After Eating, Has Anyone Resolved This For Himself?

milkboi

I’m definitely still in the weeds sorting it all out for myself, but I’m finding out that consuming sugar in the form of fruit juice never causes any fatigue whatsoever, pure energy always, whereas most starches usually always cause fatigue + digestive distress in me. The problem is that the water content of oj and most fruits is too high, and will make me urinate way to frequently. Today I found a solution through frozen concentrate. I can make the mixture way more syrupy by adding only a little bit of water, and get all the sugar + minerals, minus the high water content.

Anyone else play around with this? I’m always going to keep starches on hand in case I need them, but so far today all I’ve consumed is fruit juice concentrate, coffee, milk, and meat and I’ve felt pretty energized and euphoric all day. Plus they sell different types of concentrate so I can have grape, orange, mango, guava, etc...

Problem I had with really concentrated OJ was that is was just too dense, which irritated my gut...

Older post, is juice concentrate still a part of your diet?

Runenight201

Problem I had with really concentrated OJ was that is was just too dense, which irritated my gut...

Older post, is juice concentrate still a part of your diet?

Nope I ditched it. My fruit consumption comes in the form of 2 different smoothies. I make an apple juice + mango smoothie and then an apple juice + mixed berry smoothie. The fruits I buy frozen from sams club. Any other fruit just isn’t as good as my smoothies, in terms of energy and digestion. I think a super ripe watermelon could equal my smoothies, but due to availability and difficulty in obtaining that, I make the smoothies my daily staple.

OP
N

Nekron

Hey OP how are you doing, still Peating?

Lots of switching in the last few years, but what works great for the last few months was returning to Keto but removing anything that has more than small amounts of PUFA. What I was left with were quality cheeses, grass fed meat (rarely, because its damn expensive), shellfish and shrimp, coconut milk and oil, dark chocolate and grassfed butter. These are all foods that are
From here I started implementing peat basics like carrot salad and gelatin/glycine. And I am still in the process to introduce new foods and more sugar to the diet.
Overall I am in a good state, I know the telltale signs of "too much" like sluggishness and tiredness after meals and see where I get from here. Personally I dont buy in the carbs+fat=danger concept, because with both extremes I felt (and feel) like complete garbage.

Best food introductions so far:
- organic salted milk chocolate
- watermelon (this one is absolutely amazing)
- high quality ice cream sometimes
- mangoes

Good in small amounts, worse when taking too much:
- Juices, tried grape, OJ, apple juice
- sugary drinks like coke

Terrible:
- fresh milk, not lactose intolerant but this makes me feel like death in any possible version from full fat to 0,1

Dont know why I can eat milk chocolate but the real thing ***** me up so hard.

Matt C

I get extremely tired after smoothies that is a cocktail of good stuff:
Blueberries, Acai, coconut milk, gelatin, taurine, greens complex, kiwi, dates, peanut butter, BCAAs, sometimes maca.

If i take this before a workout, even if its a good hour or more before it, i get light headed and don't have much motivation at the gym when doing weight training. Is this a sign of a sluggish liver getting too much fructose without the fibre from chewing whole fruits?

I also get tired after eating but what's more prevalent is i get sugar cravings, particularly chocolate cravings, after a meal even if the meal is huge.

I have high reverse T3 so i have the usual low thyroid symptoms - high LDL cholesterol, borderline low ferritin and vit D, high cortisol etc.
I also had a stool test awhile ago which showed i had a small candida parasite but the site i got the test from said it was not a bad one.

I've taken Tiromel over a span of a few months on two seperate occassions but it feels like a waste of money, no extra energy and not really any bump in temps when taking it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Velve921

Blueberries, Acai, coconut milk, gelatin, taurine, greens complex, kiwi, dates, peanut butter, BCAAs, sometimes maca.

If i take this before a workout, even if its a good hour or more before it, i get light headed and don't have much motivation at the gym when doing weight training. Is this a sign of a sluggish liver getting too much fructose without the fibre from chewing whole fruits?

I also get tired after eating but what's more prevalent is i get sugar cravings, particularly chocolate cravings, after a meal even if the meal is huge.

I have high reverse T3 so i have the usual low thyroid symptoms - high LDL cholesterol, borderline low ferritin and vit D, high cortisol etc.
I also had a stool test awhile ago which showed i had a small candida parasite but the site i got the test from said it was not a bad one.

I've taken Tiromel over a span of a few months on two seperate occassions but it feels like a waste of money, no extra energy and not really any bump in temps when taking it.

Getting tired after a meal could be a couple things. In my experience, fatigue can be a sign of lowered cortisol. If the body has been running on stress then the low motivation can be the body healing.

Or, fatigue and/or lightheadness, low motivation could be an Endotoxin response.

For example, peanut butter can cause a high amount of enodotoxin symptoms and low motivation.

Thickening agents can do the same.

Wagner83

Taurine and/or gelatin/glycine may be the cause. Gelatin can also be problematic to digest.

A good meal may put emphasis on a lack of sleep.

Vins7

One thing you may want to check is your iron levels. I used to have really high iron levels, and I would get the "carb crash" after higher carb meals (they were mostly starch based). After getting de-ironed, I didn't really get tired after eating carbs anymore.
What
One thing you may want to check is your iron levels. I used to have really high iron levels, and I would get the "carb crash" after higher carb meals (they were mostly starch based). After getting de-ironed, I didn't really get tired after eating carbs anymore.
To assess iron, should we do a blood test and see the markers "iron" and "ferritin" ? At what levels would iron be considered to be harming health?

I had this issue for months at work when I started peating.
The cure was to eat maximum 20 g fat per meal with high carb and medium protein.

Example:
If I eat feta cheese 100g + jamon serrano 100 g, I would be ok, but my cortisol would still be high. So then I add lots of watermelon and after a few minutes I feel a big crash.
So the best way is to not eat everything at once and to limit fat intake.
I used to drink milk and chocolate because was "Peaty" and he says it's good, but the mix does not work.

I would totally bet your Vit D is low. For sure you need way more dairy and the coffee needs sugar/milk- one of the Ray Peat basics to know.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals