any tips on how to stay full? i am gaining weight

yoshiesque

i eat starches, and its clearly obvious that i need to cut back coz of gut issues it causes.

but the problem is, my standard meals are things like meat + fruit or bone soup + fruit. here and there i have oysters with fruit. i might chuck in some honey to add some more carbs. BUT this causes two problems:

1. I get hungry really quickly, its like the fruits have no carbs in them (i eat like 4 kiwi's or 2-3 oranges in a meal)
2. I get too hydrated and need to go to bathroom alot from all the water in the fruits

Starches keep my hunger satisfied for longer. I cant tolerate dairy at the moment so just eating yoghurt. I know i shouldnt but its a good source of calcium and works for me. I plan to add milk in small amounts shortly.

So here is my diet:

- Sweet potato
- Fruits - Kiwi, oranges, oj
- Sugars - cane sugar, raw honey and molasses (for nutrients)
- Proteins - red meat, chicken (skin off), bone soup.
- other - yoghurt, carrots, oysters, eggshells

im avoiding cheese as i need to first bring my cholesterol down (its REALLY high coz of genetics) before i test anything.

Nicholas

are you craving salt? try salting your fruits if you don't to see if they are more satisfying.... if my meals feel like they are not filling me up, i have found it often related to salt deficiency or protein deficiency. pretend you don't know what's going on inside your body and really assess what it is exactly that you are craving.

OP
Y

yoshiesque

i typically have 1/2 teaspoon of salt in 100ml of boiling water upon wake up and before bed. and use salt quite a bit throughout the day. in addition to that i do get plenty of protein. so its definitely not protein or salt deficiency.

i think its coz alot of the foods i eat are just bulk water. i dunno...i sure would be more satisfied if i had more meat throughout the day but it seems like RP is not a fan of too much meat consumption.

Brian

yoshiesque said:
i think its coz alot of the foods i eat are just bulk water. i dunno...i sure would be more satisfied if i had more meat throughout the day but it seems like RP is not a fan of too much meat consumption.

Why not just follow your meat craving for awhile? Lots of cuts have plenty of connective tissue to easily balance out the amino acid ratio. I had a craving for beef after doing mostly milk for awhile and I fully indulged for a few months until it went away. I definitely noticed signs of my body appreciating whatever it wanted from the beef a lot.

Calcium is also easy to supplement if you need to balance out your phosphorous.

Just stick to ruminant meats and I don't think you can go wrong. I actually think beef+calcium+glycine can potentially be better for hypothyroid people than milk. It has significantly less tryptophan, a lot less fluid, and seems to digest more completely when in a lower metabolic state.

I think Peat said one of his favorite meals is a Coke and steak. So I don't think he is anti-meat at all. He just has some warnings about how to go about consuming it for health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals