Performance Nutrition (for Athletes)

Warrior_

I am a professional athlete, training multiple times per week (usually around 5, and when in preparation 7-8x)

Would love to get some diet and supplement tips to improve athletic performance, and speed up the recovery process as well.

Currently I am using niacinamide, b1, aspirin, k2 almost daily.

Also I have Collagen in coffee, and with Oj after practice. Oj with salt during practice as well.

And I am playing around with stuff like methylene blue, vitamin E, vitamin A.

Diet consists mainly of dairy (cottage cheese, cheese, greek yoghurt, ice cream), coffee (with sugar, milk), honey, oj, white rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, meat (mainly Beef/minced beef, but also poultry), eggs, vegetables (fried in butter, salad sometimes), fruits (berries, bananas, apple)

Thanks for help!

Constatine

If your comfortable trying new things I would add some organ meats into your diet. Thiamine might improve performance while playing your sport. Vitamin D is also very important for coordination. Ashwagandha is the best non steroid I know of for muscle growth and performance but it has some nasty serotonin activity. You can probably take it with a serotonin antagonist and be fine though.

Lucas

Constantine, Hello, please, can you talk about ashwagandha and serotonin? I am taking it every day at bed time, and if this increases serotonin I will drop it.

Constatine

Constantine, Hello, please, can you talk about ashwagandha and serotonin? I am taking it every day at bed time, and if this increases serotonin I will drop it.
Well I think the big thing is how you feel on it. It does increase serotonin and might even "supersensitize" some serotonin receptors but many of its effects are in opposition to serotonin (anti-cancer, androgenic, thyroid boosting, osteocalcin promoting etc). Methylene Blue increases serotonin yet many people benefit from using it and many of its effects oppose serotonin as well (mitochondria uncoupling). So if you continue to take ashwagandha I would watch out for high serotonin symptoms like aggression, headaches, a lack of perspective or awareness, reduced creative thought or desire to "play", social isolation etc.

jitsmonkey

Your activity taxes your metabolism.... priority #1 is making sure you're getting enough fuel/sugar, enough protein and enough nutrition as
these are the things that make it possible to minimize the damage you'll be doing and increase your ability to heal/recover.

I'd move your coffee/caffeine consumption to pre or peri training not after. You leverage the stim and nutrition in the coffee during your workout but after your workout you
don't want more stim you want fuel and things to settle down not keep speeding up.
As a pro athlete you'll have a hard enough time keeping up with fuel requirements.
Post training should be about having enough fuel and nutrition on board not stims.

NextLevel_

If your comfortable trying new things I would add some organ meats into your diet. Thiamine might improve performance while playing your sport. Vitamin D is also very important for coordination. Ashwagandha is the best non steroid I know of for muscle growth and performance but it has some nasty serotonin activity. You can probably take it with a serotonin antagonist and be fine though.
Which serotonin antagonist would be best to antagonize Ashwaghanda‘s possible serotonin activity?