Anyone Else Feel A Bit Guilty And Indulgent For Eating This Way

Its not that easy but will point to some directions. When you will look on data about Africa, you would think that I am mistaken but that is because Africa is a soccer field for all industries finding new drugs and therapies or just killing them. Also, some regions are not developed much so its hard to find good evidence. My main aim is gut health, I know I read a study when They find that gastrointestinal diseases are almost non existent or 1% of African american or hispanic, they eat gluten too and are immune? Also bone density, they eat less calcium and maybe are vitamin D dificient like you say but still have the best bone density of all races while having the best ratio od testesterone conversation to DHT. I am looking for african american because even most are poor, have better access to standard food while some african tribes are eating only meat or vegan or have bad access to food. If you know forum member "Travis", he find too that african americans have good metabolism and can do good on bad diets. We talked about it little bit.
Persistent low prevalence of Western digestive diseases in Africa: confounding aetiological factors
More evidence for rise, and race difference, in U.S. celiac disease - Reuters
Interesting. Did you talk with him about this subject on Travis' corner? If so, do you remember the page that conversation is on?

GreekDemiGod

This is an interesting thread. When I was a Carnivore, there was this whole bragging in the community about how we / they're eating the most bioavalable and nutrient-dense food on the planet, and that alone makes it a superior diet.

gaze

Its not that easy but will point to some directions. When you will look on data about Africa, you would think that I am mistaken but that is because Africa is a soccer field for all industries finding new drugs and therapies or just killing them. Also, some regions are not developed much so its hard to find good evidence. My main aim is gut health, I know I read a study when They find that gastrointestinal diseases are almost non existent or 1% of African american or hispanic, they eat gluten too and are immune? Also bone density, they eat less calcium and maybe are vitamin D dificient like you say but still have the best bone density of all races while having the best ratio od testesterone conversation to DHT. I am looking for african american because even most are poor, have better access to standard food while some african tribes are eating only meat or vegan or have bad access to food. If you know forum member "Travis", he find too that african americans have good metabolism and can do good on bad diets. We talked about it little bit.
Persistent low prevalence of Western digestive diseases in Africa: confounding aetiological factors

Things like this is what people should focus on explaining. this is interesting stuff. digestive distress and normal bowel movements continue to be one of if not the most important aspect of health

rei

If a starch free diet provided for better physical performance, wouldn’t every explosive athlete be on board?
They simply have not learned yet. For instance, the sport with most IF practitioners is probably UFC, because it is at the very extreme of demanding.

Runenight201

They simply have not learned yet. For instance, the sport with most IF practitioners is probably UFC, because it is at the very extreme of demanding.

I highly doubt that to be the case, as people go through PhDs in sports nutrition looking at specific markers of performance and seeing how diet influences that. Most athletes will do anything to get an edge, constantly playing with new supplements to get an edge. If they found that a starch free diet provided for a better performance that would have long been the standard nutrition protocol for high performance athletes. This simply isn’t the case.

People who have trouble with starch are consuming it inappropriately in my opinion. Mix it in with some fat, protein, salt, spices, veggies, etc... and it becomes a completely different experience.

redsun

I highly doubt that to be the case, as people go through PhDs in sports nutrition looking at specific markers of performance and seeing how diet influences that. Most athletes will do anything to get an edge, constantly playing with new supplements to get an edge. If they found that a starch free diet provided for a better performance that would have long been the standard nutrition protocol for high performance athletes. This simply isn’t the case.

People who have trouble with starch are consuming it inappropriately in my opinion. Mix it in with some fat, protein, salt, spices, veggies, etc... and it becomes a completely different experience.

I think having problems with starch can be legitimate if there is gut damage. In that case, minimized fiber and zero starch for a period of time is preferable until the gut heals and seals itself up properly which requires the appropriate nutrients as well. But I agree at least in the case of potatoes and jasmine rice that starch is a pretty good food.

OP
L

lampofred

It might have a lot to do with bonding with the mother when young. Babies in the Western World don't get to spend time with their mothers in the crucial period after birth because of hospital births and because excessive touching is actually discouraged. Dr. Peat mentioned that lots of touch with the mother is essential for preventing nervous system issues like autism from developing when older, and I think gut health is strongly related to nervous system health. Low perceived security and pleasure in childhood could increase chances of issues with gut health in adulthood.

Last edited:

ExCarniv

I think having problems with starch can be legitimate if there is gut damage. In that case, minimized fiber and zero starch for a period of time is preferable until the gut heals and seals itself up properly which requires the appropriate nutrients as well. But I agree at least in the case of potatoes and jasmine rice that starch is a pretty good food.

This is true, the good thing about carnivore diet was the zero fiber and zero starch ,seems like doing that healed my gut, because now I can eat a pound of potatoes in a single meal without issues the same with white rice, both used to bloat me so bad.

I don't need to lose weight, so I include both in my diet specially potatoes because warms me up and have lots of vitamins and micronutrients.

Runenight201

This is true, the good thing about carnivore diet was the zero fiber and zero starch ,seems like doing that healed my gut, because now I can eat a pound of potatoes in a single meal without issues the same with white rice, both used to bloat me so bad.

I don't need to lose weight, so I include both in my diet specially potatoes because warms me up and have lots of vitamins and micronutrients.

Fasting, carnivore, enzymes, supplements, whatever it takes, but for optimal health i think it’s best for people to get to a place where they can digest a starch of their choosing well. The energy is much better compared to running on meat/fat, or high amounts of sugar. I personally seem to do best on lentils and white rice as my starches of choice.

Birdie

Long time peater, Mittir has said that the body digests food best around noon, so advised eating starch (white rice) in the early afternoon. And with other food.
Sounded like pretty good advice. After sundown, going to sugar and fat. I'm working on this to lower nighttime adrenaline. Along with using niacinamide.

The3DPerson

Butter, ghee, coconut oil
Fruit juice, fruits, maple syrup, honey, soda
Milk, eggs, various cheeses, oysters
Salt, spring water

For the most part I eat all of the above ad libitum, with very little starch or beans. In the past, with the exception of coconut oil and soda, you'd only see this kind of the food on the tables of nobility... They are pretty universally considered dainty and luxurious foods. Plus I don't really exercise aside from mild walking.

I see everyone around me working much harder than I do, and eating as if they were in a famine, yet suffering from various "incurable" health issues like diabetes. I can't help but think they're a bit pissed off at me for eating gallons of sugar and saturated fat and barely exercising while still having great blood sugar levels, not really having any health issues aside from getting fatigued easily (but I do I try to tell people as much as I can that vegetable oil is poison, in a non-domineering/non-authoritative way).

Is this gluttony? I honestly don't know how I could get more indulgent with my food aside from starting to eat caviar and freshly hunted game or something. But I also don't know how to eat a less luxurious diet without adversely impacting health.
i wont read the five pages of this thread so i dont know if anyone has mentioned it.

What you are describing is exactly what Nietzche talked about called "slave morality".

You are probably descendant from slaves so you are imprinted with this morality

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals