Any Recommendations For A Legit Niacinamide Supplement? Is The NOW! Foods Niacinamide Fake?

tara

When you take 1000 to 1300mg you will get absence of muscle burning even after some sport, and there will be good mood and lack of irritability for about six to twelve hours. Your extremities will warm up and your mental capacity will increase slightly.
Or alternatively, you might get a nasty headache and difficulty thinking at all. In which case less is better.

Jakester

I write the following as someone with no affiliation whatsoever with NOW. The idea that this company, with so much to lose (i.e., incredible profits and market presence), would sell a batch of "fake" product, strikes me as ridiculous.

Amazoniac

Analysis:
Certificate of Analysis
Niacinamide USP 36: CAS 98-92-0

Manufacture date: Feb. 2013
Retest date: 2/2020
Batch/Lot# 17TZR170303

Specification Result
Description: White Crystalline powder. Conforms
Particle size: <99.5% through 60 mesh. Conforms
Melting point: 128°C~131°C. Conforms

Heavy Metal < 10ppm: < 5ppm
Arsenic </=3ppm: < 1ppm
Cadmium </= 1ppm: < 1ppm
Lead </= 2ppm: < 1ppm
Mercury </= 0.1ppm: < 0.1ppm

Loss in drying (%) <0.5% 0.1%

Microbiology
Total plate count < 1,000 CFU/Gram: < 1,000 CFU/Gram
Yeast & Mold < 100 CFU/Gram: <100 CFU/Gram
Coliforms Negative, Result: Negative
E. Coli Negative, Result: Negative
Staph. Aureaus Negative, Result: Negative
Salmonella Negative, Result: Negative

(it was an email reply)​

@Pure

Broken man

I had very very high liver enzymes when I was taking NOW! niacinamide so I am thinking about this too. I bought about 6 bottles around when this thread starts but never thought that it could be from this.

Amazoniac

Analysis:
81J-q0ypIqL._SX522_.jpg

..just to add options.​

__
Manufacture date: Feb. 2013
Peterzord, yours seems great, the only annoying aspect is the manufacturing date. Can it be improved? Or at least specify the site of the excavation.
I know it's a synthetic and stable product, but what is the reason to not obtain one that was synthesized more recently? If it's an unfounded thought, please let me know, but it can't be too far off because on the analysis above they claim it expires after 60 months from production.

@Aseptic

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals