A unique experience with Niacinamide, Fever and healing

Greyfox

This is my first post on the forum, though I have lurked here for a long time, and I wanted to pick the brains of people on here about an experience I had with Niacinamide that I will never forget.

My health and energy is poor by default and on top of that I had a situation in work where I may have got an accute food poisoning reaction to some dubious, cheap sausages that led to me feeling run down, tired, defeated and just wanting to go to bed. It just so happens I got niacinamide in the post that day, so I popped a full 500mg dose, ate a donut (with vegetable oil. I know I know), and then decided to do a breathing technique while in bed. I noticed the more I breathed slowly, the more I was heating up. I kept going, and I kept heating up. Rather quickly I reached a level of warmth that was uncommon for me and quite pleasant and relaxing, I started to feel much better but decided to see If I could produce more heat. The hotter I got, the easier it was to produce more heat and suddenly I was sweating, my blood felt like lava, and I could have probably boiled an egg on my skin. I have never felt that hot in my entire life. It dawned on me that I was probably in fever territory now. I started to feel very achy and couldn't get comfortable at all until I was in total body pain. I completely lost my appetite. Not only was it gone, but the very idea of eating would produce a disgust response. Not only for food, but for vaping as well. Despite all this I saw this as a positive sign since It had occurred to me that fevers are a normal reaction to a pathogen and then started to think about the situation historically. I've never burned up like this in response to an infection, and was probably so tired and run down due to unresolved infections from the past. In retrospect, I think I was correct because what happened next was a gift. A glimpse of what a life should be. Though I have to disclose some things unrelated to niacinamide that complicates the matter.

This is where the situation gets more complex, since I started using many Peat things in order to improve my pain and discomfort. I recklessly started using a variety of things to see what would stick. Progesterone, aspirin, Baking soda for laxative effect, charcoal with coconut oil, cyproheptadine etc. I probably did some other things but I forget. The aspirin helped take the edge off the pain, but I was still so bad that I was basically waiting for the next dose. Anyway, the fever subsided after some defecation and I felt burnt out. The day after is when the magic started to happen. I decided that I could eat and went to get a latte with some low quality food. While walking and eating it felt like the lights were turning on and I felt much better than I had in the morning. This feeling continued to gain momentum over the next few hours and days until I reached a level of health and vitality that even my younger self has never had.

This version of me was vastly different in temperament and If I could have maintained that version, I would ultimately have achieved everything I've been looking for in health for the longest time.

How I felt in this state. 4 days of bliss.
I felt pure joy again for the first time since I was a young boy/teenager. Insatiable lust for life. A sense of mischievousness I have never really experienced. Better cognition. better than baseline appetite, colour became more vivid, more sociable.
A palpable fear of death for the first time in my life. "Wouldn't it be a shame for this to come to an end?". I've never really been afraid of death, but in this state death actually scares me because life is actually good.
Physical resilience. I went back to work and normally everything is a chore to do. I've got to encourage myself, but in this new state I viewed work as an exciting challenge which only served to energise me further. My task was to knock down a wall with a sledgehammer which I relished.
Digestion was just so much better. I could even gain energy from starches in abundance, instead of it being a burden to me it was a benefit.
Penis was larger while flaccid and erections were larger too.

It would seem that the fever was necessary to burn out any bacteria causing problems all at once and give my physiology an immediate upper hand to start living again. In contrast antibiotics would not have achieved this level of wellbeing as potently as the fever did, since the antibiotics are working on a more gradual scale.
I have been unable to replicate this fever at all since sliding back into a reduced state and niacinamide seems to no longer work it's magic. Whether I need to buy a new batch, or whether my body isn't responding to it like that first dose is a mystery to me.

Does anyone have any insights as to how I achieved this fever? Were the pufas in the donut somehow helping? I read some stuff about pge2 but it's not viewed as something you would want elevated.
Also why are mainstream doctors trying to lower the temperature of fever patients when this is likely the curative aspect of the condition and not the cause?
Does anyone have experience with this state of euphoria and wellbeing and how to maintain it?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Welcome.

While I can't answer your questions, I can tell you that heat can come onto the body in undesirable ways. Adrenaline for example can warm up your core so much but cools your extremities. Histamine warms your extremities. I personally am still trying to figure it out for myself. For me, it seems that sunshine, food, and friends all raise my temps and pulses, much more than thyroid meds or other Peaty substances, which I think is in the spirit of Peat's teachings.

Peatful

purple pill

wzuo

Looks like sausages is the best food for you :) joking
I have also similar experience with fever, I usually feel best when my temp is around 38*C-39*C (100-102*F), I feel symptoms like muscle aches but my brain is very fresh and allows me to do some real thinking, and overall feeling is very good. I'm always happy when I get ill because of that state. When temp trops to 37*C (98,6*F) I start to feel very bad symptoms of being ill.
I have never figured why it is the happening, but it may be similar case as yours.

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Looks like sausages is the best food for you :) joking
I have also similar experience with fever, I usually feel best when my temp is around 38*C-39*C (100-102*F), I feel symptoms like muscle aches but my brain is very fresh and allows me to do some real thinking, and overall feeling is very good. I'm always happy when I get ill because of that state. When temp trops to 37*C (98,6*F) I start to feel very bad symptoms of being ill.
I have never figured why it is the happening, but it may be similar case as yours.
I'm actually currently thinking about whether consistent doses of salt throughout the day contributed to inducing the fever as well as the niacinamide. Salt has definitely increased temperature by itself with reliability.

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Sounds like a big dose of nicotinic acid.
Niacin / niacinamide ratio may be a very good test for bacterial infection looks like certain bacteria can convert niacinamide to nicotinic acid but may just be a bad/contaminated batch. Nicotinic acid isnt very peaty but one of the very few supplements i greatly benefit from and feel alot of the benefits you describe.
I may have to try a new batch. That first dose was extremely powerful and now i'd be lucky to observe a very subtle anti-stress effect from them.

webbt

There may some useful info in my thread

It is about how I took niacin (a gram per day) and on the 4th and 5th day experienced a miraculous effect. I'm working to get into that state permanently.
I also noticed that l-arginine prolonged the effect. And IV n-acetylcysteine [NAC] (8 grams in an hour) did something similar to me. Oral NAC does nothing though.

There is a list of all the things I have tried in an update post.

And there is a similar experience by username "Ben." that is posted in my thread. For him, anti-parasitics/anti-fungals triggered it.

webbt

Additionally

I found this on drugs.com reviews of niacin

August 15, 2018. For Depression
"""
This review is for both niacin and niacinamide. Got off Zoloft after taking it for only 2 weeks due to its insane side effects and worsening depression! Had a psychiatrist appointment coming up in two weeks from that point, which was the beginning of the week. After being diagnosed with Bipolar 2, I’ve suspected of being over methylated, which could be the reason I didn’t fare well with SSRI .I took niacinamide 500mg and wow! Boost of energy, positivity, and optimism! However only lasted for like 4 days. Hypomania? I’ve tried up to 1500mg a day for a few days, and that feeling never came back, some low mood and anxiety only. I then read that flush niacin would be more effective. So I bought niacin 100mg. Took like 500mg to flush, and it gave me a sense of calmness and prevention of lower moods. Same thing, only lasted for a few days. I went up as much as 1800mg/ day, split doses, and never got a consistent effect. Already threw away bottles. Wouldn’t try again.
"""

-----
And people experience dramatic permanent changes from NAD IV therapy. Mostly good reviews but there are negative experiences too.

Last edited:
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Additionally

I found this on drugs.com reviews of niacin

August 15, 2018. For Depression
"""
This review is for both niacin and niacinamide. Got off Zoloft after taking it for only 2 weeks due to its insane side effects and worsening depression! Had a psychiatrist appointment coming up in two weeks from that point, which was the beginning of the week. After being diagnosed with Bipolar 2, I’ve suspected of being over methylated, which could be the reason I didn’t fare well with SSRI .I took niacinamide 500mg and wow! Boost of energy, positivity, and optimism! However only lasted for like 4 days. Hypomania? I’ve tried up to 1500mg a day for a few days, and that feeling never came back, some low mood and anxiety only. I then read that flush niacin would be more effective. So I bought niacin 100mg. Took like 500mg to flush, and it gave me a sense of calmness and prevention of lower moods. Same thing, only lasted for a few days. I went up as much as 1800mg/ day, split doses, and never got a consistent effect. Already threw away bottles. Wouldn’t try again.
"""

-----
And people experience dramatic permanent changes from NAD IV therapy. Mostly good reviews but there are negative experiences too.
It seems we share a lot of symptoms. Insomnia, digestive issues, undereating, poor sociability, mood and cognitive problems. I solved my sleep problems and cognitive problems by quitting starches and practicing semen retention. Also after I made this post I got further benefits from niacinamide recently. I decided to up the dose to 500mg twice a day. It's a lot but I did notice that it massively reduced intestinal inflammation when nothing else would. This is not a dose I would use daily, but as a way of loading up to reduce a problem. I didn't get the amazing benefits of increased temperature and euphoria as previously described. I am actually wondering if such a state is even retainable in this day and age with the level of contamination going on in society. Still. One can hope.
I wish it was as simple as finding the correct pill and just getting on with life but the user underneath your post is right. We need a way to increase our calories. At the moment I just don't really feel hungry very much so it's difficult.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals