5 day fever help

Vedder28

Hi All

I've had a fever for 5 days now, mostly at night but the first 3 days it was pretty much all day. Ibuprofen helps. I went to the ER yesterday and all the blood work cam back normal. They hooked be to an IV and also gave me a fever drug through the IV. Temp normalized. From there I went home and been alternated Tylenol and Ibuprofen. My temp was normal all day, felt pretty good, but then at around 7pm it came rushing back with vengeance.

Anyone have any tips on how to tackle a fever like this? COVID negative, flu negative.

Thanks

yerrag

I don't fight a fever.

I don't take fever lowering drugs.

I would wrap a blanket around me and let myself sweat more.

I'll drink plenty of fluids. Sugary and tasty like real Seven-Up. If I don't feel like eating, I don't. Digestion uses energy and interferes with healing.

If I have a hard time sleeping at night, I take Benadryl. Sleep heals.

yerrag

I don't fight a fever.

I don't take fever lowering drugs.

I would wrap a blanket around me and let myself sweat more.

I'll drink plenty of fluids. Sugary and tasty like real Seven-Up. If I don't feel like eating, I don't. Digestion uses energy and interferes with healing.

If I have a hard time sleeping at night, I take Benadryl. Sleep heals.
Then again, I drink sugary because water tastes bland to me when I have fever. But some people get more sick if they don't handle sugar well. In that case, just bear with the blandness of the taste of water.

I've never taken any NSAIDs for fever, but that's how I was raised. So I never got into the habit of using it. I don't know if it's because of not ever taking such drugs, but I've never had a headache and so never used them myself.

OP
V

Vedder28

I've definitly been drinking a lot of gatorade, maybe I'll stick to water and see if thats any better. I normally don't take these types of drugs either unless it's really bad, but it doesn' seem to be helping so maybe I'll try no drugs tomrrow.

yerrag

Letting a fever run its course was the way traditional medicine was practiced. The modern juju voodoo thinks a fever is bad and keeps suppressing it, and this won't allow the body to heal on its own. The fever is needed to kill pathogens.

equipoise

Yeah best to keep hydrated, warm milk and honey is something you could do, warm obviously. Or a bit of coke aswell, with real sugar, I always crave coke when bit sick.

S-VV

Apart from the fever, what symptoms do you have? Pain in any particular area? Respiratory symptoms? Mucus or exudate? Gastrointestinal disturbances? Redness or swelling? Has this happened before?

All this will help to establish a cause

OP
V

Vedder28

Apart from the fever, what symptoms do you have? Pain in any particular area? Respiratory symptoms? Mucus or exudate? Gastrointestinal disturbances? Redness or swelling? Has this happened before?

All this will help to establish a cause
Just fever and body/head aches. Thats it, nothing else. Woke up this morning at its at 99. I've gonna lay off the drugs today and see what happens. Never had a fever like this before. Doctor seems to think that there may be some new viruses around now that people are coming out of a year of mostly staying home.

apr

Just fever and body/head aches. Thats it, nothing else. Woke up this morning at its at 99. I've gonna lay off the drugs today and see what happens. Never had a fever like this before. Doctor seems to think that there may be some new viruses around now that people are coming out of a year of mostly staying home.
How did this play out?

A loved one has a nightly fever of 5 days now....feels great during the day, but fever comes at night.

No other symptoms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals