Now Foods Niacinamide 500mg okay to take? its cheap!

tara

I'd prefer to skip the magnesium stearate, but I think Peat considers it less hazardous than some other excipients, eg silicon dioxide or titanium dioxide.
If you haven't used niacinamide before, you might want to start by estimating 1/5- 1/4 of a capsule worth for your first couple of doses. If that works OK, you can repeat it a few times a day, eg at every meal.

Parsifal

This is the one I'm using and it seems fine. It works quite well for my high NO symptoms even if I should try other things like MB for that purpose.

NathanK

It irritated my gut. It took half a bottle for me to finally realize that it was what was giving me those issues. I threw it out and just use pure powder now

BingDing

I thought 10 or 50 mg/day was RP's suggestion. But it has been awhile since I read that.

People who are overmethylators consider niacinamide to be a "methyl sponge", and breakdown of niacinamide does consume methyl groups. I used 500 mg/day for many months and I believe it messed up that system, ie high homocystiene. I would not recommend that dose for long term use.

Greg says

I've been using Now Niacinamide at a dose of 1500mg x2 a day the last couple days. The first dose was relaxing for sure, but ever since I have had waves of anxious butterflies and headache. Maybe the mag sterate or just too much or not enough sugar. Who knows, but I'm stopping it for now.

tara

BingDing said:
post 103795 I thought 10 or 50 mg/day was RP's suggestion. But it has been awhile since I read that.
My recollection was 50-100mg up to a few times a day.
Vit-B he says 10mg is a big dose.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom