Amoxicillin how much and for how long?

PeatReader

I have Amoxicillin in 500mg capsules. I plan to take some as I've seen some people reporting good results from taking antibiotics. Specifically I'm trying to improve endotoxin and brain fog. But I'm not sure how much or for how long to take it. Looking online it seems like common dosages are either 500mg 2x/day (normal infection) or 500mg 3x/day (more severe infection). But then I see Ray talked about taking even smaller amounts of other antibiotics.

So if I want to get the benefits of possibly reduced endotoxin what would be a good amount to take?
500mg 3x/day?
500mg 2x/day?
500mg 1x/day?

and for how long?
5 days? 7 days? 10 days? 14 days?

I don't think I can take less than 500mg because they are capsules. I also have it in my mind the importance of taking a "full course" of antibiotics, but does that even apply for the Ray-style usage?

Last edited:

Fllora

I would have loved to read some responses to your question, PeatReader. I just had a tooth extracted (ow) and was prescribed 500 mg Amoxycillin 3x/day for 5 days. I can't put my hands on RP's comments about lower dosing and don't see anything specific in the posts - am clueless how much to reduce the dose if at all to make sure I don't get an infection but also not overdo it. Anyone have input? I will note that this was a Tijuana dentist, and she was amazing, and so affordable!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals