How much aspirin do you take daily? What is your upper limit?

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I started with 500mg a week or so ago. Felt pretty damn good, then the last couple of days I upped it. Felt even better. By this I mean I am less sore from my short plyometric/anaerobic short bursts of exercise that I pepper into my week. Also do not feel my somewhat chronic back pain due to too much time at the PC, driving, and not enough mobility work to offset it. Honestly this is for me has been huuuge improvement in quality of life already, which is why I am so glad I found Peat's work, Georgi, and this forum. But I do have a tendency to take things to extremes...So, wondering what the upper limit is where you start to have diminishing returns.

What is your dose, and what is the reason for that amount?
Do you take it daily?
Do you take breaks from it, and what is the reason/benefit?
Do you split the dose into two or more servings?

Any other insights from your personal experience are also welcome.

David PS

I dissolve ¼ teaspoon of aspirin in my coffee. I use aspirin in my coffee each and every cup.

Association of mortality and aspirin use for COVID-19 residents at VA Community Living Center Nursing Homes

My position is that if it costing pension systems $, then it has got to be healthy for an induvial.

Aspirin seen costing pensions $100 billion as lifespans increase

A projected cost increase across the more than $13 trillion in pension liabilities in North America and Europe would be about the same as everyone giving up smoking within a generation, a risk-modeling firm says.
www.benefitnews.com
www.benefitnews.com

Phaedrus

In the past I’ve taken low dose (81mg) daily and I don’t know that I notice a huge difference between that and taking 325mg tablets sporadically, maybe a couple times a week. I notice aspirin’s benefits a lot more when I’m sick, fatigued, etc.

For a while I experimented with a gram daily, and I mostly responded positively, except I started getting regular nose bleeds. I learned that vitamin K2 fixes that, so important to supplement vitamin K anytime you’re taking regular large doses of aspirin. I never had stomach problems from aspirin, but some people say it’s easier on their stomach if they dissolve pure aspirin crystals in hot water and/or mixed with baking soda.

Ray has mentioned 6-8g daily being generally safe if supplemented with adequate vitamin K, but that amount may only be appropriate for cancer. If the doses start causing ringing in your ears, that’s a sign to cut back.

OP
chrstn4o

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
In the past I’ve taken low dose (81mg) daily and I don’t know that I notice a huge difference between that and taking 325mg tablets sporadically, maybe a couple times a week. I notice aspirin’s benefits a lot more when I’m sick, fatigued, etc.

For a while I experimented with a gram daily, and I mostly responded positively, except I started getting regular nose bleeds. I learned that vitamin K2 fixes that, so important to supplement vitamin K anytime you’re taking regular large doses of aspirin. I never had stomach problems from aspirin, but some people say it’s easier on their stomach if they dissolve pure aspirin crystals in hot water and/or mixed with baking soda.

Ray has mentioned 6-8g daily being generally safe if supplemented with adequate vitamin K, but that amount may only be appropriate for cancer. If the doses start causing ringing in your ears, that’s a sign to cut back.
Is 45 - 90mcg of MK-7 enough for up to 2g daily would you say?

I started with 500mg a week or so ago. Felt pretty damn good, then the last couple of days I upped it. Felt even better. By this I mean I am less sore from my short plyometric/anaerobic short bursts of exercise that I pepper into my week. Also do not feel my somewhat chronic back pain due to too much time at the PC, driving, and not enough mobility work to offset it. Honestly this is for me has been huuuge improvement in quality of life already, which is why I am so glad I found Peat's work, Georgi, and this forum. But I do have a tendency to take things to extremes...So, wondering what the upper limit is where you start to have diminishing returns.

What is your dose, and what is the reason for that amount?
Do you take it daily?
Do you take breaks from it, and what is the reason/benefit?
Do you split the dose into two or more servings?

Any other insights from your personal experience are also welcome.

How much are you taking per dose and per day @chrstn4o

I dissolve ¼ teaspoon of aspirin in my coffee. I use aspirin in my coffee each and every cup.

Association of mortality and aspirin use for COVID-19 residents at VA Community Living Center Nursing Homes

My position is that if it costing pension systems $, then it has got to be healthy for an induvial.

Aspirin seen costing pensions $100 billion as lifespans increase

A projected cost increase across the more than $13 trillion in pension liabilities in North America and Europe would be about the same as everyone giving up smoking within a generation, a risk-modeling firm says.
www.benefitnews.com
www.benefitnews.com
How much is this?

I take 1g maximum per dose. I take none most of the time, but 650mg once or twice a day other times, or 2g. I take it for headaches and I use K2 MK4 on the same days.

David PS

I take 1g maximum per dose. I take none most of the time, but 650mg once or twice a day other times, or 2g. I take it for headaches and I use K2 MK4 on the same days.
I take 2 level ⅛ teaspoons. I have visually estimated each to be about the size of a 325 mg tablet.

Nfinkelstein

I was taking about 4g per day for a few weeks (2 or 3 drops of kuinone per day also). Felt good on it but it began to noticeably make tinnitus worse and then at the end of the cycle I began gaining a pound per day presumably water which continued every day for about a week, which made me cease the experiment. The weight came off over a period of a few days when I discontinued.

Phaedrus

Is 45 - 90mcg of MK-7 enough for up to 2g daily would you say?
If you’re talking just how much to supplement, it obviously depends how much vitamin K you’re getting through diet. You should be shooting for at least, if not more than, 90mcg daily without any aspirin. Ray once recommended getting 1mg vitamin K per 325mg aspirin, so I would aim much higher if you’re taking 2g aspirin per day.

Hesperian

500mg a day. Not sure if it's doing anything, as the days I forget I don't feel any difference (that I can tell), but I'll continue.

OP
chrstn4o

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
If you’re talking just how much to supplement, it obviously depends how much vitamin K you’re getting through diet. You should be shooting for at least, if not more than, 90mcg daily without any aspirin. Ray once recommended getting 1mg vitamin K per 325mg aspirin, so I would aim much higher if you’re taking 2g aspirin per day.
Good to know, I eat a lot of dairy so am expecting intake to be quite good.

OP
chrstn4o

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
How much are you taking per dose and per day @chrstn4o
I started with 500mg per day, these last several days it has been 1g to 2g. Mostly because I had 4 mercury amalgams taken out 2 days ago, so it's been helpful for the pain. I think I will keep to no more than 1g per day.

Have some willow bark extract in the mail, when that arrives I will probably switch to 800-1200mg of that (15% salicin I believe) for a while. After I see how that goes and when I get some pure aspirin powder, I'll likely find a maintenance dose that is sustainable long-term.

I am noticing over the last few days that in the morning I am excreting some phlegm that seems to have some blood in it, judging by the colour, but I am not sure whether that is due to the aspirin, due to the anesthetics from a couple of days ago, or my body excreting some schmutz for whatever reason....

I started with 500mg per day, these last several days it has been 1g to 2g. Mostly because I had 4 mercury amalgams taken out 2 days ago, so it's been helpful for the pain. I think I will keep to no more than 1g per day.

Have some willow bark extract in the mail, when that arrives I will probably switch to 800-1200mg of that (15% salicin I believe) for a while. After I see how that goes and when I get some pure aspirin powder, I'll likely find a maintenance dose that is sustainable long-term.

I am noticing over the last few days that in the morning I am excreting some phlegm that seems to have some blood in it, judging by the colour, but I am not sure whether that is due to the aspirin, due to the anesthetics from a couple of days ago, or my body excreting some schmutz for whatever reason....
The need for K2 MK4 can’t be overstated. Dr. Peat said 1mg per aspirin tablet but I find far more is needed to prevent blood in my mucus etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals