Men, do you cycle your progesterone?

AlisonG

Ray: "But when you take progesterone steadily without the interruption, your liver interprets the constant high-level of progesterone as being excessive. And so anything your liver experiences at high-level, it produces enzymes to excrete. And so after two weeks, your liver has built-up excretory enzymes that inactivate the progesterone. And so after two weeks, the effects of a given dose of progesterone is weaker. And stopping for at least a week, lets your liver re-set threshold for excreting progesterone so you get more for your money."

So should men also cycle Progesterone as well? If any of you men are cycling it, can you comment on whether you do two weeks on, and two weeks off, or take only one week off, or what? Thank you for your thoughts!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I personally use it prn, one week at a time at most. What Ray said might incentivize all genders to cycle off.

Beastmode

Typically, I use 1-2 drops as needed on days my system has been a bit "overstimulated" or possibly a poor night's sleep the night prior. It's kinda like when I'm eating and I need a more salt than usual. I don't overthink it and just take what feels right. Similar to what I do with aspirin.

If a man has to cycle it, it might be an indication that the main issues aren't being addressed.

TobyBjorn

I've done daily low dose for months before -- basically the duration of a bottle, followed by weeks or months off. I haven't noticed any effect, side effect, pro or con with either continuous use or cycling, but I do prefer to cycle it on the basis that it seems more reasonable. No crash on coming off, no sexual side effects from continuous use, etc. But I have not done blood work :babyangel:

Birdie

My husband is doing the cycling along with me.

Matestube

Ray: "But when you take progesterone steadily without the interruption, your liver interprets the constant high-level of progesterone as being excessive. And so anything your liver experiences at high-level, it produces enzymes to excrete. And so after two weeks, your liver has built-up excretory enzymes that inactivate the progesterone. And so after two weeks, the effects of a given dose of progesterone is weaker. And stopping for at least a week, lets your liver re-set threshold for excreting progesterone so you get more for your money."

So should men also cycle Progesterone as well? If any of you men are cycling it, can you comment on whether you do two weeks on, and two weeks off, or take only one week off, or what? Thank you for your thoughts!

There is only so much enzyme your body can produce.
Increase progesterone dose until the excretory enzymes are overwhelmed, problem solved.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals